IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

Jussi got me looking at the network connection. Once I started to tinker there, I was able to find the NAA device, and it fired right up. Never was really an issue with HQPlayer or the microRendu. Just a network quirk, or a conflict in how I was set up. The microRendu properly fed Roon Squeezelite, and DLNA with the previous setup......

Please confirm what was the setting your changed?

My HQP NAA was working fine Sometimes it goes out of sync, I needed to tweak with my setting and it would work ok.

For the past week, I am unable to use my NAA HQP despite many changes to the network settings.

I am using Mac Mini

Thanks

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

Also to note. The NAA works if the MRendu is connected to the Apple Router directly. Only does not work when the router is removed.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

• 3 weeks later...
We received an email from Jussi today and subsequently updated NAA on the microRendu.

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

After update, which went fine, I can’t play anything either with HQP or with Roon. Rebooted DAC, uRendu, PC couple of times but didn’t solve it. Everything was working fine before this update.

So whats next ?

Here is DAC digs.

USB output

DAC description: PS Audio USB Audio 2.0 2616:0110

Diagnostic information for this DAC

PS Audio PS Audio USB Audio 2.0 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 2

Packet Size = 31

Momentary freq = 44101 Hz (0x5.8338)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S32_LE

Channels: 2

Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800

Data packet interval: 125 us

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S16_LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

Format: SPECIAL

access: RW_INTERLEAVED

format: S16_LE

subformat: STD

channels: 2

rate: 44100 (44100/1)

period_size: 1103

buffer_size: 4412

Tried running update again but seems like nothing to be done.

Upgrade in progress...

06/27/2016 22:06:45 - Starting upgrade. (This can take a long time...)

06/27/2016 22:06:45 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:00 ago on Mon Jun 27 22:06:50 2016.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

06/27/2016 22:06:58 - Updating OS packages...

Last metadata expiration check performed 0:00:04 ago on Mon Jun 27 22:06:55 2016.

Dependencies resolved.

Nothing to do.

Complete!

06/27/2016 22:07:00 - Upgrade complete. Please reboot

Back to main menu

I connected the Schiit Yggy and it plays fine via USB but not the PSA DS. I had another Gustard DDC and the PSA plays fine on AES/EBU connection but I get no sound when uRendu is connected directly. PSA detects the sample rate and all but there is no sound out of it. All this happened after I updated the uRendu. What else to try and debug ?

USB output

DAC description: Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB 0d8c:0316

Schiit Schiit Audio Gen 3 USB at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface = 1

Altset = 3

Packet Size = 67

Momentary freq = 48000 Hz (0x6.0000)

Feedback Format = 16.16

Interface 1

Altset 1

Format: S16_LE

Endpoint: 7 OUT (ASYNC)

Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000

Interface 1

Altset 2

Format: S24_3LE

Interface 1

Altset 3

access: RW_INTERLEAVED

format: S32_LE

subformat: STD

channels: 2

rate: 48000 (48000/1)

period_size: 4800

buffer_size: 9600

Some things to check:

Do you have "NetworkAudioAdapter" selected as the "Backend" in HQP's Preferences?

And the appropriate USB output selected for the Device?

--David

I just set up HQPlayer desktop on linux and set my mrendu to NAA.

In hqplayer preferences, I select NAA as 'backend' but see nothing to select under 'device'.

is that the "appropriate USB output" you mention above?

I guess I'm missing something though I've been through the thread. Do I need to setup something in custom DAC?

My DAC is a TotalDAC D1-dual and the dac info is pasted below:

USB output

DAC description: XMOS USB Audio 2.0 20b1:0002

XMOS XMOS USB Audio 2.0 at usb-ci_hdrc.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:

Interface 1

Altset 1

Capture:

Interface 2

Altset 1

Endpoint: 2 IN (ASYNC)

Status: Unknown (status not available when device is not playing)

edit: mrendu works fine with mpd mode, bubble control and minimserver running on netgear nas.

i'm running hqplayer on a linux laptop and i've tried the rebooting and updating mentioned by others.

I just set up HQPlayer desktop on linux and set my mrendu to NAA.

In hqplayer preferences, I select NAA as 'backend' but see nothing to select under 'device'.

is that the "appropriate USB output" you mention above?

I guess I'm missing something though I've been through the thread. Do I need to setup something in custom DAC?

My DAC is a TotalDAC D1-dual and the dac info is pasted below:

edit: mrendu works fine with mpd mode, bubble control and minimserver running on netgear nas.

i'm running hqplayer on a linux laptop and i've tried the rebooting and updating mentioned by others.

Describe your connections from the microRendu back to your router? Try HQ Player direct from the laptop to your DAC?

• 2 weeks later...

i just borrowed my daughter's windows laptop and hqplayer desktop had no problem finding the mjcrorendu and totaldac,

both laptops on the same wifi home network.

i can ping the mrendu from both laptops but hqplayer doesn't find the mrendu properly on the linux laptop.

so the mrendu is setup ok but linux (either the laptop config or the linux version of hqplayer) is doing something wrong somewhere.

i just borrowed my daughter's windows laptop and hqplayer desktop had no problem finding the mjcrorendu and totaldac,

both laptops on the same wifi home network.

i can ping the mrendu from both laptops but hqplayer doesn't find the mrendu properly on the linux laptop.

so the mrendu is setup ok but linux (either the laptop config or the linux version of hqplayer) is doing something wrong somewhere.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

I emailed Jussi and he advised that you should check if your firewall is active. He explained that it can be your Linux computer is handling multicast differently. Finally, he suggested trying HQ Player beta 3.14b5.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

2. Now select Update

I emailed Jussi and he advised that you should check if your firewall is active. He explained that it can be your Linux computer is handling multicast differently. Finally, he suggested trying HQ Player beta 3.14b5.

hi

i had already tried update but did it again, no change.

firewall was already off on linux laptop.

i can't find the 3.14b5 and have emailed Jussi for a link

(clarification: i can find the 3.14b5 for mac and windows, but the linux deb file for this beta is missing in the beta directory)

hi

i had already tried update but did it again, no change.

firewall was already off on linux laptop.

i can't find the 3.14b5 and have emailed Jussi for a link

(clarification: i can find the 3.14b5 for mac and windows, but the linux deb file for this beta is missing in the beta directory)

This is all the tricks I know. Maybe Jussi can provide additional things to look into. BTW I think your the first person to have tried this on Linux so your charting new ground here.

This is all the tricks I know. Maybe Jussi can provide additional things to look into. BTW I think your the first person to have tried this on Linux so your charting new ground here.

Quote Originally Posted by Miska View Post

There is now 3.14b5 available with following changes:

- Fixes problem where convolution engine is not enabled by default (non-matrix-pipeline case)

- Adds two NAA backend entries to settings, one for IPv4-only and one for IPv4+IPv6 dual-stack instead of just dual-stack

- Some compatibility fixes for older Macs with older CPU modelssi

2nd item above looks like Jussi fixed a network discovery issue related to NAA in the 3.14b5, so once he makes the linux version available, i'll check it out.

as for charting new ground, i enjoy (b)leading edge technology.

by the way, i haven't had a chance to give feedback but with mpd mode and the wall wart supply from my sonore battery, the microrendu sounds great with my totaldac d1-dual, and that is just out of the box. i'm going to try with battery and ifi so i'm excited to think of future improvements.

if NAA really sounds better than rendering modes, i want to use that as my starting point before i try optimizing power supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Miska View Post

There is now 3.14b5 available with following changes:

- Fixes problem where convolution engine is not enabled by default (non-matrix-pipeline case)

- Adds two NAA backend entries to settings, one for IPv4-only and one for IPv4+IPv6 dual-stack instead of just dual-stack

- Some compatibility fixes for older Macs with older CPU modelssi

2nd item above looks like Jussi fixed a network discovery issue related to NAA in the 3.14b5, so once he makes the linux version available, i'll check it out.

as for charting new ground, i enjoy (b)leading edge technology.

by the way, i haven't had a chance to give feedback but with mpd mode and the wall wart supply from my sonore battery, the microrendu sounds great with my totaldac d1-dual, and that is just out of the box. i'm going to try with battery and ifi so i'm excited to think of future improvements.

if NAA really sounds better than rendering modes, i want to use that as my starting point before i try optimizing power supplies.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up.

well, i have no idea why they behave differently but the 3.13 linux build of hqplayer does in fact find the microrendu when hqplayer is run on my intel 6i7 NUC.........so, i can begin doing some testing now and won't have to wait for the 3.14b5 linux build from jussi...........i'll put on hold for now debugging why the laptop installation doesn't find the NAA device and the NUC installation does...........same ubuntu version on both.

stay tuned.

For those with Windows10/HQP/NAA and still having trouble finding your endpoint or dac consider this. Open Control Panel then click on View small icons in the upper right. Click on Network and Sharing Center. Then on the left click on Advanced Sharing Center then under Network Discovery then check Turn on Network Discovery. It may help. When on it says once checked then this computer can see other networks and 'DEVICES'... If you try let me know if it works for you.

Hello Sonore Team,

Is there any possibilty to roll back the NAA software module (networkaudiod) in microRendu from version 3.4.0. to the previous one? I am having issues (stuttering/drops) together with HQplayer on files having a sampling rate higher than 96 /24.

The original thread can be found here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/hqplayers-network-audio-adapter-13892/index70.html#post561678

Hello Sonore Team,

Is there any possibilty to roll back the NAA software module (networkaudiod) in microRendu from version 3.4.0. to the previous one? I am having issues (stuttering/drops) together with HQplayer on files having a sampling rate higher than 96 /24.

The original thread can be found here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/hqplayers-network-audio-adapter-13892/index70.html#post561678

No. The developer of HQ Player recommends

that one have the latest version of NAA for compatibility.

No. The developer of HQ Player recommends

that one have the latest version of NAA for compatibility.

Ok, understand. Unfortunately I am about at wits end with my higher sample rate issue. My gut feeling tells me that it is network related, although I cannot find anything peculiar in my setup which supports it.

One suggestion (which I believe has been made before) would be to allow users to specifiy a specific IP Address / Network Settings within the mR GUI for the device. This could be of benefit IMO for people (like myself), who do not own a Router allowing them to endlessly extend a DHCP lease for a particular address.

Ok, understand. Unfortunately I am about at wits end with my higher sample rate issue. My gut feeling tells me that it is network related, although I cannot find anything peculiar in my setup which supports it.

One suggestion (which I believe has been made before) would be to allow users to specifiy a specific IP Address / Network Settings within the mR GUI for the device. This could be of benefit IMO for people (like myself), who do not own a Router allowing them to endlessly extend a DHCP lease for a particular address.

It can be several things. Computer, network, and settings in HQ Player.

is anyone out there running HQplayer embedded version on linux?

i did my testing with the hqplayer desktop (linux) and that was sufficient to convince me NAA was the way to go, even without upsampling or dither or anything else from hqplayer.

so as of yesterday, i am a full hqplayer licensee. however, i really can't use it effectively until i install hqplayer embedded (linux) which permits it to run with minimserver as the library/source and bubbleupnp as the control point, exactly how i had been running my sms-100 system before. at this point, i'm waiting for someone at signalyst to send me the license so i can install the embedded version and get back to listening to music, optimizing the mrendu power supply, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using my Chord Mojo with Roon/HQPlayer up sampling Tidal to 352 PCM and it works fine with the MicroRendu.

I have been trying up sampling to DSD 128 and DSD256 over DoP and I get a dropout at the start of a track and intermittently thereafter. When substitute DACs to the IFI Micro, I can play DSD512 no issues (in DSD native).

Does DoP have that much additional overhead that it is maxing out my PC (CPU utilization does not seem that high) or is there an issue with MicroRendu and Mojo in DoP?

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

I have been using my Chord Mojo with Roon/HQPlayer up sampling Tidal to 352 PCM and it works fine with the MicroRendu.

I have been trying up sampling to DSD 128 and DSD256 over DoP and I get a dropout at the start of a track and intermittently thereafter. When substitute DACs to the IFI Micro, I can play DSD512 no issues (in DSD native).

Does DoP have that much additional overhead that it is maxing out my PC (CPU utilization does not seem that high) or is there an issue with MicroRendu and Mojo in DoP?

If your max PCM rate is 352.8kHz, then the DoP limit is DSD128 (352.8kHz x 16 = 5.6448MHz or DSD128).