IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

Done, thanks. If we figure it out, I'll gladly share the success story/process, in case others experience the same issue.

I wanted to rule out anything else before going directly to Jussi. I >>think<< we've established the issue is w/in HQP. Finger's crossed!

• 4 months later...

With the help of Jussi, I FINALLY found a solution!

If anyone is experiencing similar symptoms, go into Windows settings, click on Network and Internet, then under Change Your Network Settings, click on Change Adapter Options. Make sure all but your primary connection to the network is disabled, and viola!

Thans vortecjr for your patience & sharing your thoughts.

I hope this helps somebody. Cheers!

On 1/4/2020 at 3:07 PM, akacree said:

With the help of Jussi, I FINALLY found a solution!

If anyone is experiencing similar symptoms, go into Windows settings, click on Network and Internet, then under Change Your Network Settings, click on Change Adapter Options. Make sure all but your primary connection to the network is disabled, and viola!

Thans vortecjr for your patience & sharing your thoughts.

I hope this helps somebody. Cheers!

Thanks for letting us know. 

• 1 month later...

I have an RME ADI-2 DAC that offers a test to see whether your playback chain is bit-perfect. I also run Roon server and HQPlayer on a Mac mini and they play to either the Roon or NAA modules on an UltraRendu. When I use the all-Roon signal path, the test passes, but when I use the Roon application to control HQPlayer and NAA, the test does not pass (I've configured HQPlayer not to upsample for the test).

Can anyone think what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help!

2 hours ago, stans said:

I have an RME ADI-2 DAC that offers a test to see whether your playback chain is bit-perfect. I also run Roon server and HQPlayer on a Mac mini and they play to either the Roon or NAA modules on an UltraRendu. When I use the all-Roon signal path, the test passes, but when I use the Roon application to control HQPlayer and NAA, the test does not pass (I've configured HQPlayer not to upsample for the test).

Check you HQP volume control. It must be at full otherwise it will not be bit perfect.

5 hours ago, stans said:

Post an image of your Settings in HQ Player.

40 minutes ago, stans said:

Thanks very much. Here are the settings:

1514370412_Screenshot2020-02-29at20_47_02.thumb.png.080ffd852f6332e310f396c9a97e46fd.png

Try setting the DAC bits to default. HQP could be modifying the stream to a 32 bit word when the DAC might be calling for something else. Worth a try. Also, just for the test, put the Sample rate limit at the same as the test file incoming rate (44.1 - 44.1). Also, set the Default Output mode to PCM.

4 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Try setting the DAC bits to default. HQP could be modifying the stream to a 32 bit word when the DAC might be calling for something else. Worth a try. Also, just for the test, put the Sample rate limit at the same as the test file incoming rate (44.1 - 44.1). Also, set the Default Output mode to PCM.

Agree. Some test protocols might not like zero padding. 

16 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Agree. Some test protocols might not like zero padding. 

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. There are are six RME test files: 44.1, 96, and 192 kHz, each frequency at 16, 24, and 32 bits. I set the DAC bits to default, with the same result (with the setting at default or 32, HQPlayer always changes any file to 32 bits; if you set 16 bits, it transmits 16 bits). HQPlayer always follows the sample rate of the file, so that seems fine. The combination of Roon Server and Roon on the UltraRendu as well as Audirvana with MPD/DLNA on the UltraRendu both pass the test, so not quite sure what's going on, but think I'll get back to some music. Thanks again for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, stans said:

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. There are are six RME test files: 44.1, 96, and 192 kHz, each frequency at 16, 24, and 32 bits. I set the DAC bits to default, with the same result (with the setting at default or 32, HQPlayer always changes any file to 32 bits; if you set 16 bits, it transmits 16 bits). HQPlayer always follows the sample rate of the file, so that seems fine. The combination of Roon Server and Roon on the UltraRendu as well as Audirvana with MPD/DLNA on the UltraRendu both pass the test, so not quite sure what's going on, but think I'll get back to some music. Thanks again for your help!

First check with standalone HQPlayer. Also remember to check that you don't have Direct SDM checked, because that forces -3 dBFS volume...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers