IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

This thread is intended to be a supplement to the Sonore Rendu series user manuals. The manuals contain quick start information that can be viewed here:

Sonicorbiter Rendu Series - User Manuals

Screen Shot 2016-11-18 at 5.33.00 PM.png

The NAA output mode works with HQ Player Running on your computer (PC, Mac, or Linux). HQ Player finds the unit on your home network and streams directly to your connected USB device.

HQ Player has a suite of powerful and high-quality filters that can: resample, Delta-Sigma conversions, apply dither, apply convolution algorithms, apply digital volume control, apply noise filters, supports native DSD playback, supports DSD/DoP playback, supports high sample rate PCM playback, and much more.

Signalyst's HQ Player for use on your computer (PC, Mac, or Linux) can be downloaded here: HQ Player

You can control playback via HQ Player running on your computer (PC, Mac, or Linux).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus, is the NAA HQ PLAYER suitable for use on the network away from the Computer. I can configure the HQPLAYER through Roon using the microRendu IP address, it shows it playing in Roon, but an error message responds that the "TRANSPORT: Couldn't connect to HQ Player." I am running a trial version of HQ Player from a iMac Desktop....my microRendu is in the other room connected via ethernet over power. Everything connects up....squeezelite, DLNA/MPD, and Roon Ready, but can't seem to get the HQ Player NAA to connect. NAA is selected on the microRendu.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.

Jesus, is the NAA HQ PLAYER suitable for use on the network away from the Computer. I can configure the HQPLAYER through Roon using the microRendu IP address, it shows it playing in Roon, but an error message responds that the "TRANSPORT: Couldn't connect to HQ Player." I am running a trial version of HQ Player from a iMac Desktop....my microRendu is in the other room connected via ethernet over power. Everything connects up....squeezelite, DLNA/MPD, and Roon Ready, but can't seem to get the HQ Player NAA to connect. NAA is selected on the microRendu.

Some things to check:

In the main Roon window, is the HQP icon showing at bottom right, just to the left of the volume control? If you click on the icon, is the appropriate zone selected in the resulting dialog?

Do you have "NetworkAudioAdapter" selected as the "Backend" in HQP's Preferences? And the appropriate USB output selected for the Device?

Also, the Mac trial version of HQP will stop playing every half hour, so you need to start it up again.

--David

Edit: Rereading your post, I'll point out that you configure Roon to use HQP Desktop as an endpoint, and then in HQP Desktop, you configure HQP to use the NAA as the Backend. If HQP is running on the same computer as Roon Core/Server, HQP's location is "localhost"; if it's running on a different computer, its location is the IP address of the other computer.

(Sorry if you already know all this.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Of course it is. For Roon with HQ Player you set the microRendu to NAA mode. Inside Roon in Settings/Add Network Device you select HQ Player and enter the IP address of the computer running HQ Player. Then go to HQ Player in its Settings under Device select your DAC.

Some things to check:

In the main Roon window, is the HQP icon showing at bottom right, just to the left of the volume control? If you click on the icon, is the appropriate zone selected in the resulting dialog?

Do you have "NetworkAudioAdapter" selected as the "Backend" in HQP's Preferences? And the appropriate USB output selected for the Device?

Also, the Mac trial version of HQP will stop playing every half hour, so you need to start it up again.

--David

Edit: Rereading your post, I'll point out that you configure Roon to use HQP Desktop as an endpoint, and then in HQP Desktop, you configure HQP to use the NAA as the Backend. If HQP is running on the same computer as Roon Core/Server, HQP's location is "localhost"; if it's running on a different computer, its location is the IP address of the other computer.

(Sorry if you already know all this.)

--David

Thanks for the response. I'm getting closer, but I'm starting to think I need a special driver for my Wyred4Sound DAC-2. It basically works, but NO SOUND comes out through the DAC, system. When I select NAA, the HQ Player Device Field is blank...Maybe a compatibility issue. I am only trying to transfer PCM flac files, NOT DSD, since my DAC is the non-DSD version.

Again, thanks.....

Of course it is. For Roon with HQ Player you set the microRendu to NAA mode. Inside Roon in Settings/Add Network Device you select HQ Player and enter the IP address of the computer running HQ Player. Then go to HQ Player in its Settings under Device select your DAC.

Hi Jesus, think I might have a driver issue. It works, except, no music. Thanks for the help.....

iMac with El Capitan OSX 10.11.4......latest driver I see for iMac from W4S is Yosemite.

Hi Jesus, think I might have a driver issue. It works, except, no music. Thanks for the help.....

iMac with El Capitan OSX 10.11.4......latest driver I see for iMac from W4S is Yosemite.

All W4S DACs are supported. Try to get it to work with Roon / RoonReady first.

All W4S DACs are supported. Try to get it to work with Roon / RoonReady first.

Jesus, the only issue i am having is with HQPlayer. Roon Ready, DLNA/MPD, and squeezebox modes all work fantastic. In HQ Player, under the NAA setting, no devices are listed. I'll call W4S and/or touch bases with HQ Player to see if there is a driver required. W4S is not listed as recommended equipment on the HQPlayer site. As far as the microRendu goes in the other modes, it is a beautiful thing.

Jesus, the only issue i am having is with HQPlayer. Roon Ready, DLNA/MPD, and squeezebox modes all work fantastic. In HQ Player, under the NAA setting, no devices are listed. I'll call W4S and/or touch bases with HQ Player to see if there is a driver required. W4S is not listed as recommended equipment on the HQPlayer site. As far as the microRendu goes in the other modes, it is a beautiful thing.

Post an image of the HQ Player Settings

I'm having a similar difficulty setting up my HQPlayer to run as NAA. In my Device dropdown, my DAC does not show up. My Mac Mini is running HQPlayer and the DAC is not connected to it via USB, but to the network via Ethernet.

Would HQPlayer still recognize my DAC as a device via a network connection?

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

I'm having a similar difficulty setting up my HQPlayer to run as NAA. In my Device dropdown, my DAC does not show up. My Mac Mini is running HQPlayer and the DAC is not connected to it via USB, but to the network via Ethernet.

Yes, that is the NAA concept. So....What machine is running the NAA and do you have networkaudio.exe running on it (you say HQPlayer is running on MAc Mini, so NAA is a different machine, connected via LAN, and dac is connected to NAA)?

Post an image of the HQ Player Settings

Jesus, I was able to resolve this. Download a W4S driver pak for my DAC, and Contacted HQ Player, and Miska pointed me toward an issue with the networking connection. Short story is I had my iMAC connected directly to my Cable router/modem. I had a more powerful wi-fi router in parallel which caused some type of network block (firewall) to the NAA. This was corrected by re-ordering the ethernet connection as follows: Street connection>Cable router/modem>ASUS router>imac desktop (HQPlayer). After doing this the HQPlayer NAA device drop down list revealed my DAC and I was able to get it up and running with the MicroRendu. Works with Roon and stand alone HQ player......via the MicroRendu. Thank you.

Make sure you have NAA output mode selected on the microRendu.

Jesus, I was able to resolve this. Download a W4S driver pak for my DAC, and Contacted HQ Player, and Miska pointed me toward an issue with the networking connection. Short story is I had my iMAC connected directly to my Cable router/modem. I had a more powerful wi-fi router in parallel which caused some type of network block (firewall) to the NAA. This was corrected by re-ordering the ethernet connection as follows: Street connection>Cable router/modem>ASUS router>imac desktop (HQPlayer). After doing this the HQPlayer NAA device drop down list revealed my DAC and I was able to get it up and running with the MicroRendu. Works with Roon and stand alone HQ player......via the MicroRendu. Thank you.

Thanks for the update. I want to be clear though...you installed the driver pak on your computer. Are you on a PC or Mac?

Make sure you have NAA output mode selected on the microRendu.

Yes I have it setup that way.

http://cl.ly/2b1I161h2g0p/Screen%20Shot%202016-05-13%20at%205.03.42%20PM.png

Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH Roon Server running Audio Linux in RAM -> Sonore UltraRendu (Roon Endpoint) -> Uptone ISO Regen -> Singxer SU-1 KTE -> Holo Audio Spring Level 3 DAC -> Nord One UP Monoblocks -> Spendor LS3/5as | Music controlled via iPad (Power Conditioning: Audience adeptResponse aR12).  Twitter: @hirezaudio

Thanks for the update. I want to be clear though...you installed the driver pak on your computer. Are you on a PC or Mac?

Late 2014 Retina 5K iMac OSX 10.11.4 The MicroRendu is switched to NAA and feeds the DAC properly, making good music.

Not 100% sure if I needed the W4S driver pak or not, once I cleared the Network issues up. The NAA Device Dialog for HQ Player is listed as "default: W4S Young: USB-SPDIF Audio" The driver pak was downloaded to the MAC while I was troubleshooting.

I rebooted the microRendu and my DAC is now recognized!

Thanks!

Late 2014 Retina 5K iMac OSX 10.11.4 The MicroRendu is switched to NAA and feeds the DAC properly, making good music.

Not 100% sure if I needed the W4S driver pak or not, once I cleared the Network issues up. The NAA Device Dialog for HQ Player is listed as "default: W4S Young: USB-SPDIF Audio" The driver pak was downloaded to the MAC while I was troubleshooting.

I'll ask Jussi about this and post a note above as needed.

Yes, that is the NAA concept. So....What machine is running the NAA and do you have networkaudio.exe running on it (you say HQPlayer is running on MAc Mini, so NAA is a different machine, connected via LAN, and dac is connected to NAA)?

Hi Ted, I am using the microRendu as the NAA connected to the DAC. My Mac Mini connected via LAN is running HQPlayer.

After rebooting the microRendu, in HQPlayer, it recognizes my DAC as a device, but now I'm getting the issue that rrwwss52 was getting when trying to play through Roon. I get the error "Transport: Couldn't connect to HQPlayer"

I'll ask Jussi about this and post a note above as needed.

Jussi got me looking at the network connection. Once I started to tinker there, I was able to find the NAA device, and it fired right up. Never was really an issue with HQPlayer or the microRendu. Just a network quirk, or a conflict in how I was set up. The microRendu properly fed Roon Squeezelite, and DLNA with the previous setup......