IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - NAA Output Mode

vortecjr

On 28/05/2017 at 9:34 AM, Theobetley said:

Ever since I have gone to the new Sonicorbiter operating system flash card I have been experiencing HQP stoppage caused by no device showing in settings. Usually happens when I warm up the system and run the dac volume control at a low level. Any ideas? I am running HQP 3.16.4 and am running my pc to a microRendu to my Vinnie Dac.

I am having this too, but with the old OS. It seems to be a problem from HQPlayer, Miska is already investigating it.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 3:39 PM, firedog said:

+1 Switched my system to RoonReady mode as a result of this issue. In that mode it doesn't happen. 

Firegog, I just did it, roonready. I am amazed how better it is playing. All the dynamic I lost after swiching from Big7 to Aqua Formula is back much better.

Than I chose DoP and the SQ is also amazing.

what leads me to believe that for the Formula and mRendu playing PCM direcly is not the best way.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

3 hours ago, Theobetley said:

How does Roon sound versus HQP?

I think it is system dependent. Now, in my system, RoonReady mode is better.

but I have to try other configutations with HQplayer and let the dac break in more hours.

36 minutes ago, mahi said:

yes i have similar experience that roon and hq player are very close in sq (playing converted dsd files). in fact roon conversion runs much faster and sounds more dynamic, where hq player has more refined sound but a little restrained comparatively. this could be due to my computer not being fast enough for hq player.

My computer is fast enough for HQplayer and the result is exactly what you described.

4 hours ago, mahi said:

I have some new findings.

If I select the +6db gain option in HQ player, I get more Roon-like sound, i.e. more dynamics.

On the other hand if I reduce the SDM gain adjustment in Roon (to -3db in my case), I get Roon sound more like HQ player, i.e. more refinement.

Perhaps it's a gain issue. The two players now sound very close to one another.

Thanks for sharing. I will try this.