IGNORED

Curious Cables Configiurations Connections and Conversations (about)...

4 hours ago, frederick184 said:

I received my order last week of Curious Evolved 0.8 m and Evolved Regen Link.  I've been burning them in per the instructions on the web site.  I bought them to replace two Phasure Lush 2 cables, but I'll be sending them back for a refund.  The Lush 2 cables are just far better in my system.  There is a clarity and definition with the Lush that I am not getting with the Curious.

They are a very good USB cable, just not for me.

Colin

As I indicated, the effect of cables tends to be largely system dependent. When I got my T+A DAC 8 DSD, I already had the original Lush USB cable which I used with my previous DAC. I bought the Curious USB cable and found it to provide far better resolution than the Lush, without sacrificing musicality. The Lush tended to "smear" the sound by comparison. Thus far, the Curious Evolved appears to improve on the standard Curious USB in all respects in my system. All my listening is done upsampling all music files to DSD512 with HQPlayer.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

19 hours ago, Allan F said:

When I got my T+A DAC 8 DSD, I already had the original Lush USB cable which I used with my previous DAC. I bought the Curious USB cable and found it to provide far better resolution than the Lush, without sacrificing musicality. The Lush tended to "smear" the sound by comparison. Thus far, the Curious Evolved appears to improve on the standard Curious USB in all respects in my system. All my listening is done upsampling all music files to DSD512 with HQPlayer.

I heard smearing from the Lush as well.  It didn't last long in my system.  Later I got to try the Lush^2.  There was no apparent smearing that I could hear.  The Lush^2 is a cable I could have lived with.  I could not say the same thing about the original Lush.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256