IGNORED

Curious Cables Configiurations Connections and Conversations (about)...

I'm on HQPlayer Desktop Mac, but using a Windows Laptop (Win 10) as NAA, because I like better 'native' DSD.

My first Curious USB Cable setup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23647[/ATTACH]

My actual Curious USB Cable setup (with Intona added).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23648[/ATTACH]

Please note the Shun Mook Puc added to the USB connection to the Lampi DAC. I feel, because the small length and position of the USB cable I need to cancel some unwanted vibrations at this point.

I find the Curious USB cable to be particularly transparent, so that it reveals associated gear strengths and failures, but this is only my very subjective opinion. I like much better my actual setup and love the Intona, but this is the subject of another thread.

I find the Curious needs enough burn in each time you changes his shape, but if you don't believe in this, please don't burn :)

Roch

Hello Roch,

Welcome to the thread.

Thank you for your assessment, configuration information, and photographs (love to see what you're referring to). Your admonitions about what favors the best results and an awareness how a transparent cable may expose the good and the bad and the source for those discernments. It could be the cable or it could be that the cable is revealing what the synergy of one's system produces in the rendition of SQ.

Please consider, not you, Roche, but to the membership, perchance, an assessment may be the result of a faulty fabrication or flaw in the cable. After all, we seek perfection but sometimes a new product may fail or be imperfect and affect what flows through the cable. I am not speculating, merely considering what the possible triggers might be for such a stark difference compared to the many assessments that evaluate the cable's exceptional performance.

Appreciate your post, Roche.

Best,

Richard

Hello All:

The tracking information places my CC0.8m at the Hoboken Facility in New Jersey across the Hudson River, about 40 minutes from my home in North of NYC. I have a view of the Palisades and the Hudson River.

I only mention this because I am hoping that USPS will/may (please) deliver my full loom candidate to me manyana before the foot of snow predicted to arrive on Saturday, or, if my diligent Postman weathers the storm on Saturday. But I'd be concerned for his welfare given the storm will create dangerous conditions.

Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to introduce the CC0.8m to my system and start the burnin a demain. And begin to monitor what a full loom arrangement brings to my system in place of the present LightSpeed.

I am looking forward to adding my findings in addition to those I posted about the CRL200mm several days ago. I, too, have a highly resolving system, in my opinion, and absent a faulty cable (it's possible, n'est-ce pas?), my auditory acuity is excellent as well as kinesthetic acuity. In other words, it's not only what I hear but how I feel about what I hear that is meaningful for me and validates/assures me with confidence in the validity of my findings, subjective as they are, no matter what.

In the meantime, the more the findings from CA members aligned with the topic of this thread the merrier, whether ( the other kind) good, bad, indifferent.

Thinking outloud considering true possibilities, my supposition: I wonder if the integrity of the member's cable that rendered a substandard SQ was in fact compromised by a faulty fabrication, flaw, despite the cable is new. I don't recall this possibility was even considered. Or not.

Just passing along some of my thoughts that occur to me when they do even if the timing is a bit late.

Best,

Richard

My first impressions of Curious USB (28 cm into Regen and 20 cm out) back in October can be seen here

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/uptone-audio-regen-listening-impressions-24078/index76.html

I am currently waiting for a 28 cm Curious USB 3.0 for use from a USB HDD into my music PC. It promptly and predictably went straight into customs limbo when it arrived in Denmark 10 days ago.

Al J.

Modem/router + Keces DC-116 12V LPS - SGC Sonic Transporter + Sonore 12V LPS/Edwards Audio ISO-1 mains isolation transformer - Meicord Opal LAN cables - Aqvox Switch + Sbooster 9V LPS/Uptone LPS-1 - Etalon Isolator - Sonore Signature Rendu Special Edition + Mad Scientist Heretical USB data-only cable - Sonore Ultradigital + Uptone LPS-1 - PS Audio I2S-12 cable - HQ Player - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC -  iPeng on iPad 2 - MK Sound 300 monitors - Mad Audio Scientist Tungsten Carbide footers - Niels Larsen NLE speaker cables - Walker Audio Reference Plus HIGH Definition Links - 2 MK Sound MX350 subs - Shakti Stones - Herbie's Super Sonic Stabilizers - Herbie's Tenderfeet - Stillpoints ERS EMI/RFI sheets - Gutwire Ultimate Ground + Entreq Minimus + Silver Minimus grounding boxes - Symposium Rollerblocks - Symposium Ultra platform - Akiko Tuning Sticks

I am absolutely loving my current set up (see signature). I am considering a complete curious run from my mac Mini and swapping out the Silver Dragons - any opinions welcome..

Main: 2x2TB Ext HDD/Mac Mini 2.3 GhZ core i5 + Uptone MMK & Teradak LPS/Roon/Ethernet LAN/Uptone Audio EtherRegenr/.5M Supra CAT8/SoTM sMs200-ULTRA NEO + SBooster BOTW P&P Eco MkII/Curious cable .2M/UpTone Audio ISORegen + SBooster Ultra/Curious cable .2M/Mutec MC3+USB/DH Labs Silver sonic D110 AES/Genelec 7370A+ 2 x 85351s running GLM 3.1 with wireless remote.

Office: 4TBHDD/MacBookPro/Audirvana /.25M AQvox USB/UpTone Audio ISORegen with SBooster Ultra/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon USB/Chord Hugo2/.25M Moon Audio Silver dragon phono/Rogue Audio Sphinx 2/Anti-cables level 3/Elac Uni_Fi UB5's on Isoacoustics Apertas/Genelec 7050c Sub.

I am absolutely loving my current set up (see signature). I am considering a complete curious run from my mac Mini and swapping out the Silver Dragons - any opinions welcome..

My first impressions of Curious USB (28 cm into Regen and 20 cm out) back in October can be seen here

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/uptone-audio-regen-listening-impressions-24078/index76.html

I am currently waiting for a 28 cm Curious USB 3.0 for use from a USB HDD into my music PC. It promptly and predictably went straight into customs limbo when it arrived in Denmark 10 days ago.

Hello Al and Andy,

Welcome to the thread. And thank you for your posts with configuration information and links to earlier assessments. This content contributes to the thread as a resource for CA members and readers all over the world who may be interested in the Curious Cable for their systems and are seeking constructive feedback, positive or negative.

I am waiting for my Curious Cable also residing in a USPS facility. And, like Al, I am hoping for sooner than later. After all, it only a cable.

I have no experience with the Silver Dragons, but I do with the LightSpeed 0.8m (standard red). And, frankly, I am very happy with the LightSpeed. But many Curious Cable users have provided credible and useful feedback, and given that I decided to replace the hard adapter supplied for the Regen with the CRL200mm and subsequent improvements readily discernible, the idea of a full loom is very compelling. So how else to find out?

Praying to the USPS G-ds to deliver the letter the sooner the better. And hopefully, W4S's Recovery USB Reclocker will ship on schedule today, as EJ Sarmento hoped to do, so that soon, I'll be able to compare both the presently installed Regen, CRL200mm and also the Recovery and the addition of the full loom with the Curious Cable USB 0.8m.

Thank you again for your informative and useful posts and inquiries. Ask and ye shall receive.

Best,

Richard

Thinking outloud considering true possibilities, my supposition: I wonder if the integrity of the member's cable that rendered a substandard SQ was in fact compromised by a faulty fabrication, flaw, despite the cable is new. I don't recall this possibility was even considered. Or not.

A claim was made that the Curious Cable bloated the bass. The challenge with such a statement is that it's relative. As such it very well could have been that other USB cables he's tried were lacking in bass. And then what if he made up for the lack of bass by selecting signal cables that bloated the bass just to even out the frequency response? This would make it seem like a USB cable which gets the bass right (like the Curious) is wrongly to blame for the bloat.

I usually take a look at the system of those sharing observations that differ greatly from mine to figure out what's going on. Unfortunately we can't do that in this specific case.

The best USB cables I've tried do seem to allow more bass energy to pass. I can see why that might be considered bloat in some systems.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I will provide a detailed review of this audiophile curious USB cable over the course of likely multiple posts but as far as this curious cable not having "bass" you either need to have your head examined or your ears checked!

Hello tallica1,

Would a fair restatement be that the member's remarks/observations/findings are base less? I debated on whether or not to click on post quick reply.

Without impugning the members' auditory acuity, I find the bass response from the Curious Regen Link 200mm in play to be excellent. Granted systems dependent configurations produce different results, hence the request as the title of this thread reads, configurations (spelled correctly) connections and conversations (about).

I concur with Kenny that it would be a service to us all if a member would please include this information in his/her post so that we better appreciate what the system's synergy involves. Perhaps another member with same or similar components etc could comment further.

And, btw, conversation refers to the topic at hand not every thought that enters one's mind and every subject tangential to the thread topic. Otherwise, the criteria for OT would be meaningless. I am sorry if posters feel I am censoring their posts and reframing it as curating. I perceive it the other way around. As curator, there's an element of censorship if one insists on using that perspective. But regard my role as curator as differentiating what amounts to on topic and off topic and to avoid this thread from getting lost in tangential pursuits, I curate with the best interests of the thread in mind. I am sorry if someone feels insulted or aggrieved. And as far as I am concerned, all members are invited to post here in accord within the topic's boundaries. If I have alienated members, that was not my intention. So feel free to return if you care to, or not, as you see fit.

Thank you for the benefits of your input in making this thread relevant and a resource.

Best,

Richard

Here is another example of everything makes a difference. I now have about 20 hours on my regen and curious link. This morning the sound was okay but was still hearing congestion and not the magic I was expecting. Can honestly say my cd and vinyl setups were sounding better but still needing some burn in.

This afternoon got thinking about what could be the bottleneck. I use an Hiface Evo spdif converter and was thinking maybe that is the problem, although it gets great reviews especially with upgraded power supply. Then got thinking about the old digital cable I use between the Evo and my Lampizator dac. Just playing around replaced the cable with a single side of zu varial rca - BINGO BONGO - Leonard Cohen is in my room - where did he come from!

Unfortunately heading off for weekend - I want to play everything now and no time - dougghhht! More later.

David

Here is another example of everything makes a difference. I now have about 20 hours on my regen and curious link. This morning the sound was okay but was still hearing congestion and not the magic I was expecting. Can honestly say my cd and vinyl setups were sounding better but still needing some burn in.

This afternoon got thinking about what could be the bottleneck. I use an Hiface Evo spdif converter and was thinking maybe that is the problem, although it gets great reviews especially with upgraded power supply. Then got thinking about the old digital cable I use between the Evo and my Lampizator dac. Just playing around replaced the cable with a single side of zu varial rca - BINGO BONGO - Leonard Cohen is in my room - where did he come from!

Unfortunately heading off for weekend - I want to play everything now and no time - dougghhht! More later.

David

Hello DavidS,

Welcome to the thread.

Thank you for your post. And for your insights into a difference that makes the difference. Good to know so it's good to go. Come back when you have more time to share the rest (if there's more...).

Best,

Richard

Hello All,

My Curious Cable USB 0.8m arrived early this evening. It had to be fate. My Postman made two previous attempts, but I has driven my wife to an appointment knowing the CC0.8m might arrive today (just feel it intuitively). But we returned at about 6:00PM long after my Postman would be around. And as I learned the package required a signature, otherwise my Postman could have left it. I am pulling into my driveway, getting out, hearing a voice (my car talks?). It's my favorite Postman. He stuck around and was hoping I showed up before he left. The third attempt was the charm. Nobody else would have done that for me. It was fate, meant to be. I was so grateful.

To Rob Woodland, marvelous service ordering, shipping, packaging, performance(?) (TBD).

The arrangement for shipment included EMS expedited shipping. More expensive. Well shipping is free. But EMS is not. Yet, Rob Woodland shipped on January 18th. The CC0.8m arrived on January 22nd. That was relatively fast. Some members might choose fast versus free and not so fast. Your call. Just sharing my experience. The weather is forecasted over a foot of snow for Saturday for NYC and suburbs. I am in the suburbs, so I might not have gotten the cable until next week. Now I can connect and leave play "on" for a day or two to get a head start.

I believe a review while hours are added and before reaching 50-100 hours as recommended by Rob Woodland might be of interest but not the last word. I am waiting for the CC0.8m to warm up. It's cold in NY. Then I'll remove the LightSpeed (beloved) and replace it with the Curious Cable USB 0.8m and windup the ole player and stand back from my system and let'er rip.

For now it will be Mac Mini to CC0.8m without AQJBX2 to Regen to CRL200mm to W4S Dac2 DSDse. I might even remove the Regen and the CRL200mm and just keep it essential, as it was for the Synergistic Research Active SE USB Cable and Light Harmonic LightSpeed. In fact that's what I am going to do. Remove all and just keep it simple. Then add one or two element as required at a time. Make sense?

Until, then, the following is my usual show and tell using photographs to show and tell. To everyone who is coming forward to share their experiences whatever they are with Curious Cable products, much appreciation from me and for all the CA members who would join me in appreciation thank you. Keep it coming.

The music's the thing; the equipment seduces,

Richard

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

Took delivery of a 20cm CC Regen Link early last week. Have about 90 hours on it at this point. Once it's passed the 100 hour mark I will do some comparisons and experimenting. Using an Auralic Aries and a .7m Supra USB from it to the Uptone Regen. I've a self imposed $150 limit on USB cables and the Supra in the best I've found so far, and at half that cost. The CCRG (Curious Cable Regen Link) feeds into a Lampizator Level 4 Gen5 DAC (which I LOOOVE, BTW).

Working strictly from aural memory, I'd say that the CCRG has taken my USB playback to a heightened level. Will be interesting when I start playing with things. Two AQ Jitterbugs I purchased have been out of the system for quite some time. I felt, ultimately, that even one of them smoothed things out too much for my taste and took some "life" out of the music. Will have to revisit that situation also.

Since both the Aries and Lampi have both USB and RCA/SPDIF connections I have the option of using either for PCM up to 24/192. After careful comparison, I have preferred to use RCA for PCM and defer to USB for DSD out of necessity. The RCA/SPDIF connection just sounds better, more like music, to me even compared with the tricked out USB connection. I HAVE NOT done this comparison since the CCRL has been in place so this experiment is also on my "To Do" list.

Here's my follow up on the 20cm CCRL. It didn't work out for me and is now on its way back to Curious Cable. I'll let my correspondence with Rob Woodland tell the story:

1: "Hello Rob,

I've used the CCRL for about 10 days now. At this point it has accumulated 135-140 hours of active playing/burn-in time using various types of music files.

There's no doubt that it's sound is different than what I experience with the standard hard connector as supplied by Uptone Audio. In my case, after very careful comparison, in my system I honestly prefer what I'm getting with the hard connector. I like the fuller sound, more upfront sound particularly with vocals.

The digital front end of my system is an Auralic Aries feeding the Regen via a Supra .7m USB cable then on to a Lampizator DAC. All DC power, including that to the Regen is supplied by and HDPlex 100w LPSU.

Please advise on how I proceed as per your 30 day return policy.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Doak"

2: "Hi Doak,

Thanks for your message - and no problem. Just return the cable by airmail and send the tracking number. I'll then refund your investment.

System synergy is what it's all about - so sure, the Curious may not fit the bill every time.

Before sending it back - here's an interesting test. Can you position your Aries close to your DAC (like on top) and just use the 200mm Regen Link - no Regen. Try not to twist the Link. May be tricky - BUT will provide valuable info.

Cheers,

Rob"

3: "Hi Rob,

The cable is on its way back to you via International Priority Mail.

I attempted to do as you requested but was unable to connect the Aries to the Lampizator using ionly the 20cm cable.

I did manage to connect the Aries and DAC using the CCRL and Uptone Regen. My brief listen was not encouraging.

Thanks for the opportunity to try the CCRL. Looks I'll be "holding steady" for a while as I am getting truly lovely sound out of this system.

Best Regards,

Doak"

BTW: Doing business with Rob/Curious Cable was nothing but a pleasure.

All communications were responded to nearly instantaneously. Within 15 minutes of my emailing him that I had mailed the cable for return I received notice that I'd been refunded the full purchase cost via PayPal.

That is a real testament to Rob standing behind his refund policy and being extremely reasonable about it. Most sellers will not make a refund until they receive the return, and the fact that he did so immediately after receiving notice of your return being mailed says a lot about his integrity.

That is a real testament to Rob standing behind his refund policy and being extremely reasonable about it. Most sellers will not make a refund until they receive the return, and the fact that he did so immediately after receiving notice of your return being mailed says a lot about his integrity.

Kudos to Doak too for giving it a fair shot.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Hello All:

As I posted earlier, my Curous Cable USB 0.8m arrived late this afternoon. After a warmup interval, the cable that is (it's cold in NY), I installed the Curious Cable USB 0.8m (hereafter CC0.8m) replacing the LightSpeed 0.8m (standard red). Installation of the CC08m completed the full loom with the CRL200mm already installed.

My intention was merely to select an album in iTunes, press play, and leave it on repeat for two (20) days to put at least fifty (50) hours before reviewing the full loom installation. As is, I merely replace the LightSpeed leaving the AQjBX2 installed along with the Regen.

Of course, I could not not select an album to listen to the CC0.8m as is fresh out of the box. What I heard was attention getting in the best sense of the getting. I selected my go-to Bill Evans, The Complete Village Vanguard Recording, 1961, Disc 1-3, Disc 1, XLD conversion to AIFF, 44.1/16, stereo to gauge preliminary what the CC08m did for the SQ. I have been playing this album box set for over a decade and know it well. I use it to test every beta build I volunteer to test for Sonic Studio.

My findings are based on my subjective experience knowing full well that the full loom doesn't come into its own until 50-100 hours.

Based on what I heard, I have already decided to keep the full loom installed. I intend to remove various devices and listen to the cable by itself first for a full review when the hours are accumulated.

After the Bill Evans, I selected After Hours with Joe Pass & Ray Brown (Ultra High Definition 32-Bit Master). It's still only a redbook CD converted by XLD to AIFF 44.1/16, Stereo. The production quality, recording, sonic quality is superb. In fact, the production quality bests the Bill Evans album in that category. As for technique and musicality, they are all at genius level in my opinion. I mention this because, when the production quality is superb, then the talents of the musicians and their technique and musicality and how you feel about how it sounds is taken to a higher level. Kind of like looking a diamond through a jeweler's glass and calibrating the color of the stone, and the clarity, and the fineness of the cut. It's brilliance.

All that has to be there first for the diamond to be assessed. Then the acuity of the observer. The jeweler's glass is rudimentary so it just lets one see what's there. So, what if the analogy I just made is reorganized so that in my listening experience, the CC08m is more important than a jeweler's glass. More like a high definition video screen of the 5K caliber.

My remarks are not in respond to any findings that came before me. For this purpose they're irrelevant and immaterial. A good USB cable will reveal the quality of the recording, a great cable will reveal the quality of the recording and then take several steps deeper into the recording. For example, hearing details that were not there before. But of course they were, they just were not discernible. Another example is the dimensionality of the recording, the soundstage dimensions, the instruments location. Then there are also sub-modalities, timber, pitch, tonal qualities, inherent qualities of the sound the musician produces and its characteristics. Does Coltrane sound like Ben Webster. Miles like Freddie Hubbard. The shape of the sound. The detailing, saliva, spit in the mouth piece, air gurgling in the instrument, fingers on the keys of the instruments, audience sounds. You ge the picture, n'est-ce pas? And if that picture is in 5K instead of VHS, instead of DVD, instead of Blu-ray, more like 5K or looking out the window or being there at venue, club, studio.

After the Previn, Pass, Brown After Hours, I played Kind of Blue also in a High Definition recording that is still redbook sample rate. I have nine (9) editions of Kind Of Blue. I chose the one I like the best. The Hi-Res, 192/24 isn't. The DSD64 and the one I plays are in the same ball park. But Amarra Symphony doesn't play DSD64. It down samples DSD to 352.8 PCM, which would have been fine.

Well, I am pretty sure I am getting across my experience of the CC08m fresh out of the box. I think Rob Woodland has created a cable that is highly resolving in its rendition of the sound passing it through it to other devices and components that may further influence the sound.

Now I will go wide, and say I've heard other members remark that a member's system is so fine tuned and optimized that the quality of what is received is amplified, magnified, so that what good is discernible and unsatisfactory is also revealed without mercy. I can accept that without editing a word.

The albums I selected offer a banquet of information. My first impression, the Chef is a master. The dishes are complex and fascinating, the combinations of ingredients and seasoning and the plating is such that I feel as if I just sat through a 3 star restaurant with three stars the highest rating. If this is the first course, I can imagine what the next course will offer me. I am the only one seated at my table. And I don't intend to budge.

Off the cuff, the CC08m and CRL200mm as a full loom cable arrangement is highly recommended. Better than? I'd say good enough. And that is not a meant to mean passable.

I am also waiting on a new device similar to the Regen to what it does for the signal and thus the SQ. I may have it next week. I should have enough hours by then to remove all devices and start with only the CC08m connected to my W4S Dac2 DSDse and start from there.

My highest compliments to the Chef. Thank you Rob Woodland for a wonderful first course.

The music's the thing; the equipment seduces,

Richard

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Richard: Excellent points. This is getting very weird like 3am after hour clubs.

Human Media: What exact system to do you have perhaps it's not quite audiophile grade level to appreciate?

But your harsh criticism which is fine certainly doesn't match the experts..

HumanMedia system:

* Transport is a LAN connected modified Squeezebox Touch (full complement of low ESR caps, replaced oscillators and timing board (for SPDIF output).

* DAC is a Chord 2Qute

* Preamp is a Modwright 36.5, factory modded to take EML 5u4g (takes the amp to a new level IMO)

* Power amps are Channel Island D-200mkII

* Speakers are Spendor SP-100

Linear power supplies for any component which needs DC, including an Uptone JS-2 supply for the DAC. No switching supplies on any of these circuits.

DAC supply is on a separate circuit on an an isolating transformer, power amps and transport are on separate passively filtered circuits (x-caps with snubber resistors)

HumanMedia system:

* Transport is a LAN connected modified Squeezebox Touch (full complement of low ESR caps, replaced oscillators and timing board (for SPDIF output).

* DAC is a Chord 2Qute

* Preamp is a Modwright 36.5, factory modded to take EML 5u4g (takes the amp to a new level IMO)

* Power amps are Channel Island D-200mkII

* Speakers are Spendor SP-100

Linear power supplies for any component which needs DC, including an Uptone JS-2 supply for the DAC. No switching supplies on any of these circuits.

DAC supply is on a separate circuit on an an isolating transformer, power amps and transport are on separate passively filtered circuits (x-caps with snubber resistors)

Hello HumanMedia,

Welcome back to the thread.

Thank you for providing us with the benefit of the particulars of your system configuration. I am sure other members can glean what other members employ for their systems for a sense from a distance what combinations of components may produce that work as one of the elements.

Of course, it's always prudent when possible to check it out for oneself, notwithstanding what other members assess as their experience.

Best,

Richard

HumanMedia system:

Nice system.

What about cables and power cords?

Nice system.

What about cables and power cords?

Interconnects

Speaker cables: VHAudio Chela with WBT Spades (beat every AudioQuest I borrowed from a dealer including an $1800 Transparent)

DAC to preamp: VHAudio Spectrum Cu single ended (with Eichman bullets, sounded better than WBT!?)

Preamp to Power: VHAudio Symmetry Balanced with Furutech XLRs

Power

Wall sockets - a mix of Oyaide and Furutech

Balancing transformer - rewired with VHAudio Flavor 2

Linear supplies - a range of shielded and unshield VHAudio Flavour 2 with a variety of Hubbell, Acrolink and Chinese red copper plugs and IECs

Power Amps - there is an unexpected synergy with the Channel Islands amps and the Pangea AC-9 cords. They are too cloudy on other components but ironically bring delicacy and clarity to the Channel Islands. They replaced much more expensive Black Sands cables.

Back to the Curious. I completely understand if my experience is a system synergy thing. 1.5db lift in the frequency range of one component might never be an issue, but coupled with another component with 1.5db lift in the same place may make the combo unlistenable. If matched with other components they might be completely fine. And I always felt that the Chord 2Qute had a midrange emphasis. So maybe 2Qute and Curious are too much together?

Rob is going to check out my CC 40cm for issues as my findings don't sound right to him. So maybe it's something else. Or maybe just a synergy thing.

Interconnects

Speaker cables: VHAudio Chela with WBT Spades (beat every AudioQuest I borrowed from a dealer including an $1800 Transparent)

DAC to preamp: VHAudio Spectrum Cu single ended (with Eichman bullets, sounded better than WBT!?)

Preamp to Power: VHAudio Symmetry Balanced with Furutech XLRs

Power

Wall sockets - a mix of Oyaide and Furutech

Balancing transformer - rewired with VHAudio Flavor 2

Linear supplies - a range of shielded and unshield VHAudio Flavour 2 with a variety of Hubbell, Acrolink and Chinese red copper plugs and IECs

Power Amps - there is an unexpected synergy with the Channel Islands amps and the Pangea AC-9 cords. They are too cloudy on other components but ironically bring delicacy and clarity to the Channel Islands. They replaced much more expensive Black Sands cables.

Back to the Curious. I completely understand if my experience is a system synergy thing. 1.5db lift in the frequency range of one component might never be an issue, but coupled with another component with 1.5db lift in the same place may make the combo unlistenable. If matched with other components they might be completely fine. And I always felt that the Chord 2Qute had a midrange emphasis. So maybe 2Qute and Curious are too much together?

Rob is going to check out my CC 40cm for issues as my findings don't sound right to him. So maybe it's something else. Or maybe just a synergy thing.

For the record, I don't doubt what you post; and I am fine with your assessments of the Curious Cables, whatever they are. It is what it is. A few years ago, I had The Cable Company send me Wireworld Platinum, AudioQuest Diamond, and Synergistic Active SE USB, all cables highly regarded. The Wireworld was way too hot for my system, the AudioQuest was too rolled off, and as Goldilocks might say testing USB cables, the Synergistic Research was just right.

And then came the LightSpeed, and that cable compared to the Synergistic Research was more right. Now with the full loom of Curious Cables for my system, the SQ is more splendid, which is good enough. My only investment is in enjoying the music, and, clearly, what delivers that enjoyment may be different for everyone and for different systems.

Wishing good fortune with your selection of cables which you seem more than happy with.

Best,

Richard