IGNORED

Curious Cables Configiurations Connections and Conversations (about)...

My Curious cables arrived this past week. Probably have 25 hours on the .8 m cable while the short one is awaiting the arrival of a Regen. The cable was an immediate upgrade over the Virtue Audio usb I have been using. Not sure I have noticed much significant change since I installed the cable - will have to put the Virtue or also have a Wireworld back in later this week.

Mine is feeding a standard dell laptop into an M2Tech Evo converter which then feeds my Lampizator dac. Once Regen arrives this week will be interesting to see how far my digital goes. Right up there with my turntable and vinyl setup now and with Tidal/Roon I may never buy another record or cd for that matter.

Looking forward to reading more...

I had some similar impressions to 1 1/2 after installing the short curious link and a new Regen yesterday. Played Joe Jackson's Night and Day and was like piano was running off out of the room with a mind of it's own. Both products are fresh out of the box so confident that a little break-in will settle things down - the dynamics were pretty fabulous - just need Duke Ellington to show up and get everyone playing together. Will post more as time gets added although mine will be coloured by the addition of the Regen as well.

Here is another example of everything makes a difference. I now have about 20 hours on my regen and curious link. This morning the sound was okay but was still hearing congestion and not the magic I was expecting. Can honestly say my cd and vinyl setups were sounding better but still needing some burn in.

This afternoon got thinking about what could be the bottleneck. I use an Hiface Evo spdif converter and was thinking maybe that is the problem, although it gets great reviews especially with upgraded power supply. Then got thinking about the old digital cable I use between the Evo and my Lampizator dac. Just playing around replaced the cable with a single side of zu varial rca - BINGO BONGO - Leonard Cohen is in my room - where did he come from!

Unfortunately heading off for weekend - I want to play everything now and no time - dougghhht! More later.

David