IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

I keep having the same issues.

As I mentioned earlier, I use the the Mac Mini with Minimserver and BubbleUPnP to stream music to two different systems: (i) in the same room I have microRendu -> Ayre QB-9, and (ii) in a different room I have an Oppo 105 (no microRendu). In the past, the Oppo set/up has worked without any problems. The first two times I tested the Oppo this week, it also worked fine. However, the last two times I tried it, the Oppo disappeared from the BubbleUPnP and the Lumin App. Since my Oppo setup should be completely unrelated to the microRendu, it seems like the issues may be caused by BubbleUPnP somehow.

After restarting the Mac Mini, BubbleUPnP and Lumin App once again connected to the Oppo, but not the microRendu. After selecting MPD/DLNA in the app switcher (although it was already active), BubbleUPNP and Lumin App also connected with microRendu. 

Hopefully, a new BubbleUPnP version will solve this. In the meantime, I can live the nuisance of selecting MPD/DLNA in the app switcher every time the microRendu disappears from BubbleUPnP and the Lumin App.

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

My two units are updated and JRiver is finding them. After I updated I went to Settings / MPD/DLNA Renderer and pressed Save...this reinitialize the output mode. One unit is running BubbleUPnP server and the other is not. Both units are connected directly to my router via Ethernet. On the the unit running BubbleUPnP server I had to check off Create an OpenHome renderer again and now Kazoo finds all three renderers. I selected the OpenHome render...force of habit and because it supports Tidal and Qobuz.  

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 7.02.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 7.11.16 AM.png

Reinitializing the MPD/DLNA output mode did the trick, the microRendu is again fully recognized as an available Renderer "zone" in JRiver.

I don't recall having done that after previous updates, but this time it was necessary.

On a semi-unrelated note, this update seems to have solved the problem I was having with SO2.5 skipping past/not playing certain tracks in any given playlist. It seems not to be exhibiting that behavior anymore.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

56 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Are you running BubbleUPnP Server on your computer or on the microRendu?

On the computer - since I need BubbleUPnP to stream to the Oppo.

I tried to install BubbleUPnP on microRendu also, but then I didn't understand what was happening where (which I even struggle with with the current set-up...).

Yesterday's update also disturbed the force for me. Kazoo could no longer connect to my mR.

My setup. Running MinimServer, then MPD/DLNA mode on mR and Kazoo on iPad to control.

V2.5 broke my previous setup from v2.3. SMB share on computer, Drive Mounter, MPD/DLNA mode an mPad to control. So now have the setup above.

Reading this thread this morning, simply going into the MPD/DLNA settings on the mR and pressing 'Save' fixed my problem. Kazoo can now connect to the mR and see my library.

8 hours ago, kbbkk said:

On the computer - since I need BubbleUPnP to stream to the Oppo.

I tried to install BubbleUPnP on microRendu also, but then I didn't understand what was happening where (which I even struggle with with the current set-up...).

You can make the microRendu and the Oppo OpenHome compatible with BubbleUPnP Server on the unit. The key is to name them, like I do in my example, so you can tell things apart.

No joy overnight.  I hardwired the mR and ran the tests.  There is something about the DNLA client that is coming offline.    Its almost like it is timing out without a hardwired controller.  

My reasoning for this is that after the dnla "goes" away from Lumin  on iPad, i can't connect with kazoo on my iphone , or kazoo on PC, or Lumin on ANDROID tablet.  I think that this indicates that Lumin app is not losing the mR, but that the mR DLNA is timing out or such.  

I am going to run one more experiment where I power the unit on.  Connect via PC (which was reliable for over a day), Program some songs to play and then power off the PC.  I'll try to reconnect via PC after a day to see if the DNLA instance is still live.  

I'll take any other suggestions.  I would like 2.5OS to work, but I can put the 2.3 one back in.

16 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You can make the microRendu and the Oppo OpenHome compatible with BubbleUPnP Server on the unit. The key is to name them, like I do in my example, so you can tell things apart.

Apologies for my ignorance, but is there any point in having BubbleUPnP installed on both the computer and the microRendu?

20 minutes ago, kbbkk said:

Apologies for my ignorance, but is there any point in having BubbleUPnP installed on both the computer and the microRendu?

No, and most importantly, it should be avoided as it will bring confusion in your system. Run BubbleUPnPServer on either mrendu or your computer, but not on both.

21 hours ago, Brubacca said:

No joy overnight.  I hardwired the mR and ran the tests.  There is something about the DNLA client that is coming offline.    Its almost like it is timing out without a hardwired controller.  

My reasoning for this is that after the dnla "goes" away from Lumin  on iPad, i can't connect with kazoo on my iphone , or kazoo on PC, or Lumin on ANDROID tablet.  I think that this indicates that Lumin app is not losing the mR, but that the mR DLNA is timing out or such.  

I am going to run one more experiment where I power the unit on.  Connect via PC (which was reliable for over a day), Program some songs to play and then power off the PC.  I'll try to reconnect via PC after a day to see if the DNLA instance is still live.  

I'll take any other suggestions.  I would like 2.5OS to work, but I can put the 2.3 one back in.

Ok overnight experiment done.  Yesterday, I powered on my PC.  Loaded up Kazoo, got connected to the mR.  I sent the mR two albums to play, then powered off the computer.  This morning when I woke up I was unable to connect to the mR via the PC Computer App or Lumin on (iPhone, iPad, Android).  

I was able to get to the mR to manage it over the web interface.  As soon as I wemt to app switcher and selected the MPD/DNLA output mode I could see the mR from all my devices.  

I'm tapped out of ideas to try to troubleshoot this.   Hopefully this was helpful to someone.  I'll try anything else to help, but at this point 2.3OS is going back in the mR.  

The things that seems to simulate here the issues you guys are have is to unplug / replug the Ethernet cable. This makes the controller loose site of the unit. Selecting the output mode again in Apps Switcher then restarts the application and causes the UPnP handshake to take place again.   

On 7/16/2017 at 7:26 AM, vortecjr said:

The things that seems to simulate here the issues you guys are have is to unplug / replug the Ethernet cable. This makes the controller loose site of the unit. Selecting the output mode again in Apps Switcher then restarts the application and causes the UPnP handshake to take place again.   

That is consistent with my experience.

BTW, I forgot that OpenHome keeps the playlist on the renderer.  While streaming from Qobuz, I lost my internet connection (thanks, Comcast!) so of course the music stopped and I exited BubbleUPnP on my Android device without clearing the playlist.  In the middle of the night, the music resumed!

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Gotsame probem now with Lumin on iOS not finding microRendu as others describe,  Minimserver on Synology, microRendu 1.4, sw 2.5, which was updated recently forSpotify. Lumin has always been very reliable.  Not sure exactly when this started, perhaps after Spotify update but not certain. Tried reinstalling Lumin app, rebooting iPad.

rogerdn

59 minutes ago, rogerdn said:

Gotsame probem now with Lumin on iOS not finding microRendu as others describe,  Minimserver on Synology, microRendu 1.4, sw 2.5, which was updated recently forSpotify. Lumin has always been very reliable.  Not sure exactly when this started, perhaps after Spotify update but not certain. Tried reinstalling Lumin app, rebooting iPad.

I possibly had the same problem yesterday after an update.  Go to microRendu web page and select Settings/MPD/DLNA and select "Save changes". See is Lumin nowfinds the microRendu.

5 hours ago, d_elm said:

I possibly had the same problem yesterday after an update.  Go to microRendu web page and select Settings/MPD/DLNA and select "Save changes". See is Lumin nowfinds the microRendu.

This is exactly how CA should work.  Someone helps you fix a problem, and you in turn help another with the same problem.  

Honestly, this issue is so common that Sonore should really automate it in a script.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Gents,

I have been issues with my mR that I bought and I was wondering if I could get some assistance troubleshoot? 

My chain:

Samsung  850 pro -> 2013 MacBook Pro with 8gb of ram running the newest MacOS -> JRiver MC22 and M23 ->wired Ethernet connection (5ft of cat6a) - > Ubiquiti Unifiswitch -> wired Ethernet connection (3m of cat8) -> microRendu (2.3) ->LH Labs 20G USB cable -> Singxer SU-1 (I2S) -> Spring KTE DAC

The original symptoms were stuttering playback on DSD128 and 256. I was using a 5 year old NAS with spinning hard drive as my storage so I attributed these symptoms to it possibly jut not being up to the task. This weekend I got the notion to use my laptop (2013 MacBook Air) as the controller and the music source. Initially it fixed the issue with DSD128 and if I queued up the track and paused it for about 30 sec after initial playback I could get DSD256 to play properly. I feel like I shouldn't have to do that though just to get allow it to buffer (what I assume it's doing) for 30 sec to get DSD256 to work.

Well last night the mR stopped playing DSD altogether. Every time I try to play it my DAC displays 176.2 and no sound comes out. JRiver says the track is playing by the way. I have bypassed the mR and played DSD256 through my SU-1 to my Holo Audio Spring KTE so I know they are not the problem.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I messed around with the settings, restarted the computer and was eventually able to get it to work although using different settings than before. What ended up working is leaving the "Direct DSD" option in the Sonicorbiter OS unchecked and leaving the DSD option unchecked in JRiver.

Unless I am reading or understanding this wrong that seems like a mismatch because leaving the Direct DSD option unchecked would mean DoP but I I do not have the DoP option in JRiver checked. Everything is working now so I am not complaining but what am I missing?

Hi

I'm experiencing the following: when I want to stream radio stations through MinimServer/MinimStreamer using a playlist, I get an error message in BubbleUPnP control point. When I use another renderer (i.e. local), the playlist works fine. The playlist (M3U) also works fine in Foobar2000.

The exact error message I receive in Bubble is "Action  (Code: 501)".

My system is:

mRendu with SonicOrbiter 2.5 (fully updated)

BubbleUPnP Server installed and running as an OpenHome renderer

MinimServer (latest version) on DSM 6.1

MinimStreamer (latest version)

ffmpeg to transcode

MIME-Type check is turned off in BubbleUPnP

The streams are MP3 of 192kb or 128kb

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, BNR Nieuwsradio, 128kb
http://icecast-bnr.cdp.triple-it.nl:80/bnr_mp3_128_03

#EXTINF:-1, NOS Radio 1, 192kb
http://icecast.omroep.nl:80/radio1-bb-mp3

#EXTINF:-1, 3FM Serious Radio, 192kb
http://icecast.omroep.nl:80/3fm-bb-mp3

Where is the problem and how can I debug this?

edit: according to the log of the control point (BubbleUPnP), there is an "500 internal server error". I think this is coming from the mRendu.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Ok, the fix was with the M3U file. In order to process the file through MinimStreamer, I had to add an extra tag in for each line. That forced playback through MinimStreamer and then it works. The file as it is above bypasses MinimStreamer and goes straight to the mRendu where it will fail as the MPD/DLNA setup that I use can seemingly not cope with URLs directly from streaming services like Icecast. So, all fixed in the end.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948