IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - DLNA/MPD Output Mode

vortecjr

On 2017-5-27 at 8:28 AM, JootecFromMars said:

I'm going to quote myself to bring this back up again. This is still happening. I put the 2.5 card back in last night and updated the software on the card to the latest version.

The mR had been on for a couple of hours after I'd updated it but before listening to any music. The network indicator light was going mental, and my mPod app just couldn't connect to the mR. I could reboot it through the web interface. And then after the reboot the app could see the mR and play music.

I'm not sure if the problem is that after a while of not playing any music, the mpd goes haywire or if there is an issue with the drive mounter looking for the drive across the network. I've gone back to 2.3 again which is a shame because the 2.5 version may sound better.

James

Further testing shows that the issues appears to be with the Drive Mounter in version 2.5. I'm using a Mac running MacOS Sierra.

I tried to swap to using Linn Kazoo app on my iPad with Kazoo Server running on the Mac. Linn's Konfig won't discover Kazoo Server, so am unable to configure it in any way. But it does show my itunes library in Kazoo but there appears to be a really big issue in that multi-cd albums are sorted by track number only and not cd, track. So if I were to play an album I would get all track 1's, then all track 2's etc. Switching from Kazoo Server to MinimServer, I get the same issue as steven.y a few posts above - I get the "Fail to add track to DS" error when adding any ALAC track, which is 99% of my collection. Switching back to v2.3 again.

James

11 hours ago, JootecFromMars said:

Further testing shows that the issues appears to be with the Drive Mounter in version 2.5. I'm using a Mac running MacOS Sierra.

I tried to swap to using Linn Kazoo app on my iPad with Kazoo Server running on the Mac. Linn's Konfig won't discover Kazoo Server, so am unable to configure it in any way. But it does show my itunes library in Kazoo but there appears to be a really big issue in that multi-cd albums are sorted by track number only and not cd, track. So if I were to play an album I would get all track 1's, then all track 2's etc. Switching from Kazoo Server to MinimServer, I get the same issue as steven.y a few posts above - I get the "Fail to add track to DS" error when adding any ALAC track, which is 99% of my collection. Switching back to v2.3 again.

James

All the Drive Mounter code is the same from 2.3 to 2.5.

I don't use Linn Konfig so I can't say much about it. We have nothing to do with the way Linn Kazoo shows multi-cd albums or how it sorts them. About the only thing I can help with is trying ALAC here.   

10 hours ago, vortecjr said:

All the Drive Mounter code is the same from 2.3 to 2.5.

I don't use Linn Konfig so I can't say much about it. We have nothing to do with the way Linn Kazoo shows multi-cd albums or how it sorts them. About the only thing I can help with is trying ALAC here.   

Thanks. I tried to get kazoo to send to BubbleUPnP last night. Although, the ALAC files would add to the playlist, I couldn't actually get a playlist to play. If I was doing something wrong then Kazoo's UI isn't very good.

I tried JRiver and it streams ALAC files to the microRendu and plays. It appears to transcode to PCM. 

I tired MinimServer and it does not work with the microRendu. So to get it to play I set the following in MinimServer's Properties in the System tab:

1. stream.converter = ffmpeg

2. stream.transcode = alac:wav

* I had to install ffmpeg on my computer running MinimServer per these instructions:

http://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html#Transcoding 

** Link to ffmpeg:

https://ffmpeg.org/download.html 

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I tried JRiver and it streams ALAC files to the microRendu and plays. It appears to transcode to PCM. 

I tired MinimServer and it does not work with the microRendu. So to get it to play I set the following in MinimServer's Properties in the System tab:

1. stream.converter = ffmpeg

2. stream.transcode = alac:wav

* I had to install ffmpeg on my computer running MinimServer per these instructions:

http://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html#Transcoding 

** Link to ffmpeg:

https://ffmpeg.org/download.html 

Thanks. I will give these a go.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone -

I posted this on the Sonore sponsored forum also, however this topic seemed fairly specifically on point so I thought I'd post here as well.  Apologies for the double post!

I am currently running the following gear:

Small Green sonicTransporter -> Sonore microRendu -> onboard Wolfson DAC on an Onkyo A-9050.

This is Roon end to end, using the Roon app on Android, Mac, and Windows to control it all.

For various reasons I am interested in changing the software stack to Minimserver on the sonicTransporter, plain old MPD / DLNA on the microRendu, and Bubble for the controller.  I set this up, which was dead easy in and of itself, however MPD / DLNA on the microRendu does not appear to recognize the DAC on the Onkyo.

Does anyone know how to address this?  If the solution is "get a real DAC, dude" I'm OK with that, and if there is any documentation on what DACs will work with MPD / DLNA on the microRendu out of the box please just point me to that.

Also - can the Minim -> MPD / DLNA -> Bubble controller stack be used to play internet radio?  

Many thanks to everyone for a really great set of products at real-world price points, it is much appreciated!!

R

I've uploaded a snap of the DAC diagnostics output for the microRendu.  As you can see, it doesn't find the DAC at all.  

The setup is Minimserver on a sonicTransporter and MPD / DLNA on the microRendu.  The microRendu is connected by USB to a SmallGreen USB -> SPDIF converter, than the SPDIF output goes to an onboard DAC on an Onkyo A-9050.  That is apparently a Wolfson DAC, but more than that I do not know.

The software stack is good - I can browse the files attached to the sonicTransporter using BubblePNP, and can play files back on a local renderer (Samsung Android tablet).  When I set it up as Roon end to end, everything works perfectly.  The broken bit appears to be the connection from the microRendu -> DAC via the USB->SPDIF converter, when running MPD / DLNA.

Let me know your thoughts!  And many thanks!

R  

microrendu.DAC.diagnostics.png

What I should also mention is that, if the simplest answer is to get a proper DAC instead of using the one in the Onkyo, that's OK with me.  I plan at some point to do that, if this issue just accelerates that process it's OK.

If there is a list anywhere of DACs supported by microRendu + MPD / DLNA that would be of interest.

Thanks again!!

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a link regarding common issues and fixes with the mR?   My Lumen and Kazoo controllers both are super slow or just stalled. I select music and it may take a minutes before it starts to play or not at all. Lumen is continuingly asking  to select a LUMIN as the mR is falling off the network over and over. I have strong a Wi-Fi connection and my Internet speed is strong but that's not to relevant to my network. This is a new problem for me and it's been working great for months otherwise from my Apple Extreme. I've tried rebooting the MR and resetting MPD/DLNA app which shows active. Any help would be appreciated

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos PhoenixNet Switch>Muon Pro ethernet cable>Muon Pro>Grimm Mu2>AudioQuest Dragon XLR>NAD M23> Falcon 2024 Limited Edition LS35a & REL T7Xi sub. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite SX powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner W/Ground Master City.

I am having issues with the new 2.5 OS.  I'm using upnp/dnla mode.  My mR keeps on requireing a reboot to function.  It works for awhile then just stops.  The mR is still on the network, I can browse to it and reboot, but a couple hours later it is gone.  I use the Lumin app to control.  Yesterday it happened mid song.

I thought that it was the bubble app, but I removed that and still the same problem.  

Lumin app seems to work without bubble upnp as long as I am only using local NAS music files.

8 hours ago, Brubacca said:

I am having issues with the new 2.5 OS.  I'm using upnp/dnla mode.  My mR keeps on requireing a reboot to function.  It works for awhile then just stops.  The mR is still on the network, I can browse to it and reboot, but a couple hours later it is gone.  I use the Lumin app to control.  Yesterday it happened mid song.

I thought that it was the bubble app, but I removed that and still the same problem.  

Lumin app seems to work without bubble upnp as long as I am only using local NAS music files.

I thought it was just me. One of my mR's is doing the same thing. Only difference between the two is the one that has the original 2.5 software has not been updated since install and works fine. The one the other one I have run an update on and this is the one I'm having the same problem with. Needs a reboot every other day. 

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

10 hours ago, Brubacca said:

Have a good look at the USB connector and make sure its intact. We are a receiver so if the stream is interrupted then music will stop. It can also be something you are streaming to the microRendu. I had a customer who had an .ape file in a playlist and it did not like that file format. I use BubbleUPnP Server 100% of the time. 

1 hour ago, Jiffi32 said:

I thought it was just me. One of my mR's is doing the same thing. Only difference between the two is the one that has the original 2.5 software has not been updated since install and works fine. The one the other one I have run an update on and this is the one I'm having the same problem with. Needs a reboot every other day. 

This does not sound like the same thing. This can be the way your DAC behaves when it's not in use for a while and a reboot is required to re-initialize it.  

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This does not sound like the same thing. This can be the way your DAC behaves when it's not in use for a while and a reboot is required to re-initialize it.  

its happened also when on constant repeat of an album.

I'll connect a different Dac to it, (an audioquest dragonfly) and try it with that for a while

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

12 minutes ago, ted_b said:

DSD files can be streamed in a number of different uRendu modes, like DLNA, Roon, NAA, MPD etc. depends on your server software (and of course your DSD capable dac)

Thank you Ted for your reply.

In fact i'm using jRiver in my laptop and streaming my music to microRendu in a direct path between microRendu and my laptop. 

I set microRendu in DLNA mode in order to stream my music from jRiver to microRendu but eventually I cannot run DSD files so far. 

My DAC is Mojo 

Any advice and thought

I also have had it when not playing.  I only listen to music every couple of days and have noticed since the upgrade to 2.5 that I usually have to reboot.  

I disconnected and reseated my usb connectors today.  I'll let you know in a day or two if it worked.  

4 hours ago, sadekkhalifa said:

In fact i'm using jRiver in my laptop and streaming my music to microRendu in a direct path between microRendu and my laptop. 

I set microRendu in DLNA mode in order to stream my music from jRiver to microRendu but eventually I cannot run DSD files so far. 

My DAC is Mojo 

Any advice and thought

You should give MinimServer a try.

http://minimserver.com/

4 hours ago, sadekkhalifa said:

My DAC is Mojo 

Any advice and thought

I use JRiver to play DSD files via DoP to my microRendu/Auralic Vega and it works really well. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what the setting is to do that but if you need help I can look it up and walk you through it. 

2 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I use JRiver to play DSD files via DoP to my microRendu/Auralic Vega and it works really well. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what the setting is to do that but if you need help I can look it up and walk you through it. 

The DLNA settings for JRiver are found here:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26607-sonicorbiter-dlnampd-output-mode/ 

6 hours ago, sadekkhalifa said:

My DAC is Mojo 

Any advice and thought

My JRiver videos are targeted at these exact issues.  See my signature.