IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SqueezeLite output mode

vortecjr

is there any step-by-step instruction or manual on how to configure Squeezebox Server on mRendu and Squeezelite as a player (if this combination is possible or should I use a media player on my pc/mac instead). Sorry for not searching enough! :)

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

is there any step-by-step instruction or manual on how to configure Squeezebox Server on mRendu and Squeezelite as a player (if this combination is possible or should I use a media player on my pc/mac instead). Sorry for not searching enough! :)

Go back and read the first post; it's all there. Use the link to the latest official Logitech Media Server build or use the current LMS beta build; it's very stable:

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=7.9

Thank you Apesbrain, but I'm more interested to see if these two can work together and how to configure them. In other words - LMS and Squeezelite (as a player) both running on mRendu. I have NAS qnap but I want it to be used as music library , not the LMS server.

renduSqB.jpg

2010 Mac Pro (westmere 6-core, 16G Ram)[br]M2Tech Vaughan DAC[br]McIntosh MA6600 integrated[br]B&W805S[br]Luxman P1_u[br]Sennheiser HD800[br]Silver Streak Interconnects

Thank you Apesbrain, but I'm more interested to see if these two can work together and how to configure them. In other words - LMS and Squeezelite (as a player) both running on mRendu. I have NAS qnap but I want it to be used as music library , not the LMS server.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32313[/ATTACH]

The biggest step is to just install the two applications. However, the install will only allow you to play internet radio and streamings. The microRendu does not have local storage. Sonicorbiter SE can be used for local playback because you can mount USB drives.

can I map the NAS folder as a storage for squeezbox server on mRendu?

I guess I figured it out

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 7.27.27 PM.jpg

can I map the NAS folder as a storage for squeezbox server on mRendu?

It's easier to run LMS on your NAS. You can mount your network share, but I shy away from support on this feature:)

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-drive-mounter-101-a-27417/

Well, I learned something today: microRendu and Sonicorbiter SE can run LMS. Seems like a lot to ask of the little board but if a RPi can do it, why not?

This becomes an easy solution for someone not inclined to muck about with this stuff. Plug a powered drive and a network cable into the SE and plug the SE into your DAC. Configure with a browser and control with a smartphone app. Not that you can't do the same thing with a RPi but many are afraid to take that on.

How snappy are library rescans?

Using iPeng as a controller, I access the mR in Squeezelite mode, and it can remotely access the library of the LMS on my Vortexbox. Since I can't do radio from the VB for some reason, and I can't access the VB storage files on the mR LMS, going via LMS on the mR the LMS on the VB is actually doing all of the heavy lifting (except for radio). Works great.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We have some scheduled work on that application coming up and will look at it soon. 

Looking forward to getting this fixed.   Would also like to put in a request for a more current version (7.9.1) of LMS!  The one currently in the sonicorbiter os is "ancient".

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, chetthejet said:

Looking forward to getting this fixed.   Would also like to put in a request for a more current version (7.9.1) of LMS!  The one currently in the sonicorbiter os is "ancient".

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, vortecjr said:

We have some scheduled work on that application coming up and will look at it soon. 

Jesus......thanks so much for the LMS upgrade!! 

• 4 months later...

Hi:

I have had ongoing problems since last Spring, when I purchased my microRendu, with getting it to connect more than 10% of the time to my Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro with internal DAC.  The Marantz, according to the their tech support and my experience cannot stream incoming digital audio over its USB port by their design choice, therefore I use a Small Green Computer USB>SPDIF converter and stream to the Marantz’s digital coax unit.  When the connection from the microRendu to Marantz works the music sounds Wonderful!  The problem specifically is that in the the Sonicorbiter 2.5 Update I’m using the Marantz DAC is rarely recognized AND Squeezelite usually shows as INACTIVE in the App Switcher.  I have repeatedly experimented and tried various orders of powering up the various units to get them to sync without much success..  Also, my source is an iMac running MacOs Sierra and using an LMS 7.9 recent beta.

Help.  And yes for months I have been scouring your Support Forum on ComputerAudiophile without much success

Thank you!

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in DAC Diagnostics or LMS. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

• 1 month later...

How do I import "Playlists" to my MicroJukeBox running LMS" from the latest version of iTunes on an iMac?  I have tried "Export Playlist" from iTune's EDIT - LIBRARY - EXPORT PLAYLIST without any success. (I exported each Playlist to the Desktop, first as a .TXT file and then tried it as an .XML file, and dragged these to the Music folder - Playlist on the MicroJukeBox with FINDER.  In LMS I then ran ReScan. I'm still not seeing any Playfiles in the LMS "Playfiles" folder: it still shows as EMPTY.  

Help.

Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 6.27.42 AM.jpg

I recently needed to briefly disconnect my Microjukebox setup and have now carefully reassembled it.  In the Sonicorbiter site it reports that my microRendu successfully sees my DAC, iPeng sees my microRendu and connects, but my Microjukebox cannot find my microRendu for some reason.  iPeng successfully sees the Microjukebox and reports back the music stored on it, but in SqueezeServer the microRendu does not show up in the “Player” settings.  I have spent several hours rebooting, power cycling and disconnecting network connections and reconnecting them, but to no avail. All network connections are high quality Cat. 7 and Cat 8 ethernet cables.

What would you suggest I look for and/or try to resolve this?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 3.03.46 PM.jpg

13 hours ago, davew002 said:
I recently needed to briefly disconnect my Microjukebox setup and have now carefully reassembled it.  In the Sonicorbiter site it reports that my microRendu successfully sees my DAC, iPeng sees my microRendu and connects, but my Microjukebox cannot find my microRendu for some reason.  iPeng successfully sees the Microjukebox and reports back the music stored on it, but in SqueezeServer the microRendu does not show up in the “Player” settings.  I have spent several hours rebooting, power cycling and disconnecting network connections and reconnecting them, but to no avail. All network connections are high quality Cat. 7 and Cat 8 ethernet cables.

What would you suggest I look for and/or try to resolve this?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 3.03.46 PM.jpg

What happens if you go to Settings / SqueezeLite and press Save in the microRendu?

Some additional tips:

SqueezeLite can only run on one LMS or Roon player at a time. If you have multiple instances of LMS or Roon running you need to turn them all off and just start one player. You may even have to reboot the micro as well.    

• 6 months later...

Hello All,

I have been using SonicOrbiter/Squeelite for a few years happily.  Recently the Pandora channel stopped streaming, unless I reboot the SOSE.  When I do it works for one song only,.  Another reboot is needed to hear music after the initial stream.  Weird!  The streaming of FLAC from the NAS seems to be unaffected/normal.   I thought maybe an update may help so when from 2.1 to 2.3.  I actually selected update to 2.6 but that must not be possible with my device (I'm assuming due to earlier version of hardware etc.), but that is speculation.    Anyway, still works the same.  Streaming of local music fine, streaming of Pandora requires a reboot and then fails after the song is complete...     If there are ideas for where to go next, I'd appreciate them!  

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone configured their SOSE with Logitech Media Server and NAS music storage?  Not sure a network named resource can be used in the Settings.  It looks to me like only local storage or maybe attached storage.  My Synology is on the network.  Thanks for any guidance.

I was running the LMS on my Synology and using Squeezelite on the SOSE but the Pandora went flaky on me and I am trying to figure out why.  Thanks!