IGNORED

Amara for Tidal 2.0

mneveux

Thanks for this. I've been wondering myself if SQ wasn't the way to go! Is it stable? Or is it so behind the scenes that you don't even notice it? And can you toggle between it and regular Tidal desktop app and hear a difference?

Thanks for any details you can provide.

There is definitely a big difference! You can click it off and on and here the difference right away. Been listening for several hours switching between Tidal and Apple Music with no problems. In fact, I may just go with SQ+ and Apple Music. The Apple interface is so much better than Tidal and the sound difference is negligible and it is half the price of Tidal HiFi.

Well I find there is a difference in sound quality between using Amarra for Tidal and Tidal with sQ+. The problem is Amarra for Tidal's interface is such a pain to work with it. Just too frustrating waiting for everything to load when the Tidal app itself is instant.

For me, I ended up going with Roon/HQPlayer. A much more expensive option but so much more satisfying. I load up Amarra for Tidal now and again when there's an update to see if any improvement but end up quitting within 5 minutes.

Well I find there is a difference in sound quality between using Amarra for Tidal and Tidal with sQ+. The problem is Amarra for Tidal's interface is such a pain to work with it. Just too frustrating waiting for everything to load when the Tidal app itself is instant.

For me, I ended up going with Roon/HQPlayer. A much more expensive option but so much more satisfying. I load up Amarra for Tidal now and again when there's an update to see if any improvement but end up quitting within 5 minutes.

+1, you have speak for myself, :)

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

• 1 month later...

I think Amara has lost my business forever at this point. I was an early adopter of their software, and paid much more than 99$ that the stand alone player costs now, and it is STILL A 32 BIT PROGRAM that wont allow me to take advantage of more than 3GB of RAM for loading Hi-Res music files into memory. IN the meantime, Audirvana+ is amazing.

No electron left behind.

A4T has a Facebook page. I've ranted there, too, and only gotten lame replies. They must make money on the pro side in addition to ripping people off for buggy consumer programs. Oh but there I go again. Tidal on A+ is in every way enjoyable from its stable and well designed app. Bravo Damien!

Man, tough crowd lol...but I definetely understand you're frustration. Amarra Symphony is wasted money for me. But I've had no problems at all with A4T and listen to it with Tidal. But I do most of adding of albums and finding new music thru Roon/Tidal. A4T just sounds better than upsampling via HQP/Roon. Wish it wasn't so as it's kinda a pain to switch programs around when you're listening to music.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.