IGNORED

DSD downloads

shp

Hi everyone

I just got a DSD-capable DAC. I'd like to start getting some DSD downloads. I'm looking for recommendations.

I don't need another copy of Kind of Blue (if that's even available on DSD). But I also don't want Tuvan Throat Singing...not that there's anything wrong with Tuvan Throat Singing.

Any suggestions? I list to rock typical of a 45 year old. I have a lot of Ornette Coleman, some Miles Davis, Coltrane. I really like Mingus.

And I thought about getting some classical. Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert are favorites.

Thanks

And I thought about getting some classical. Beethoven, Chopin, Schubert are favorites.

Check out High Definition Tape Transfers website.

Lots of DSD material including DSD256 at decent price. Mainly classical but some jazz like Jimmy Smith's The Cat.

If you like blues check out Muddy Waters' Folk Singer on Acoustic Sounds website. An amazing recording.

New High Definition Music Downloads | Find HD music

you can filter results for DSD files. Look for your fvorite artists. There is definitely some good Jazz available, especially at AcousticSounds.com, but also at other sellers.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

• 6 months later...
Check out High Definition Tape Transfers website.

Lots of DSD material including DSD256 at decent price. Mainly classical but some jazz like Jimmy Smith's The Cat.

If you like blues check out Muddy Waters' Folk Singer on Acoustic Sounds website. An amazing recording.

I have no familiarity with this site, but both it, and Blue Coast, which also offers some wonderful music, can be problematic, since very, very few DAC's can support DSD256 from all I've seen.

JC

I don't need another copy of Kind of Blue

Thanks

Well you don't if you have 2007 Sony Japan SACD. It's a remix of the original 3 channel tapes. Sounds as if recorded yesterday! But if you don't have it (I don't know whether you can download from any site)...