IGNORED

RIP David Bowie (1947-2016)

OK, we really can't embed animated gifs.

db-transformation-colour.gif

Thanks to you both...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I grew up on David Bowie...starting with Donnie Osmond at 5 or 6, graduating to Elton John, and then to Mr. Bowie by my early teens. My first two albums were Station to Station and David Live. I wore both out, still have, and listen to digital versions. David Live is sublime; my parents hated it, my sibling hated it but I have never swayed. The Sweet Thing/Candidate sequence is brilliant, mysterious, and my all-time favorite live track. Unfortunate that he stopped playing these songs as video is scarce (as is My Death but it is available).

The man was extraordinary. The music from all his personifications is memorable. His death is a great loss.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

I will miss you David Bowie :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Last night I was watching some videos from the last album.

They're very good, impressive really, as is the music... they reflect the darkness of a man who's been give a death sentence.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Thanks for posting. I am now grieving. In shock. I love you man. You will never be forgotten

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

• 4 weeks later...

Amanda Palmer and Jherek Bischoff (and friends) have created their own tribute to David Bowie...

Strung Out In Heaven: A Bowie String Quartet Tribute The official website of Amanda Fucking Palmer. Yes it is - Amanda Palmer

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of supplementary vids I've been meaning to find time to share here, firstly, 10 minutes of DB's relaxed charisma :

A never-before-seen outtake from Bowie's 1997 interview for the American Masters film "Lou Reed: Rock and Roll Heart." Bowie speaks about working with Lou Reed, literary influences, writing lyrics, and what New York City means to him...

In this video, Bowie also reveals what bands he think should do singles for Transformer songs "Satellite of Love," "Perfect Day," "Vicious," "Make Up," and "New York Telephone Conversation."

And this introduction-of-sorts 14min TED clip (over 4 million views) of Amanda Palmer :

Don't make people pay for music, says Amanda Palmer. Let them. In a passionate talk that begins in her days as a street performer (drop a dollar in the hat for the Eight-Foot Bride!), she examines the new relationship between artist and fan.

I'm noting that SNL have set to private their « David Bowie : The Man Who Sold The World » which I had previously Posted.

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I just joined the forum today and was browsing through things and saw this. Several times I've pondered, what if I had to forever give up all of my David Bowie music, or all of the rest of my music. It would actually be a tough and gut-wrenching choice. Guess you could say I'm a fan. The greatest ever in my opinion and not by a narrow margin