IGNORED

Best 2.1 speakers

ALL subwoofers produced despite the price are totally ruining MUSIC. They're way too slow. But as a part of most 5.1/7.1-7.2/9.2 system for watching movies, they're actually a must!

This is simply very old school, outdated thinking and is dead wrong. But, do what you like.

Don't take my word for it. Watch Jim Smith's Get Better Sound DVD series or, read his book. Just one example of many who believe in subwoofers.

You should not categorically blame subwoofers as being the problem, when in fact the problem is your failure to be able to properly integrate subs in your room.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I have the same experience with most everything I tried. The only one that I have found to be ok with music is the REL, but only with the direct connection to the amp speaker terminals. Sadly many of theirs are now using switching power supplies, which suck. The Gibraltar series are quite good and still use Class A/B power.

Cheers.

I believe, with the exception of the diminutive T-Zero, the relatively inexpensive Series T all operate in Class A/B.