IGNORED

New Year: My Best Advice In Regards To Audio is...

Take advantage of manufacturers' and merchants' trial/no-questions-asked return policies to listen to a prospective component in your own system and room before you make a real purchase commitment.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

See, just proof live music shouldn't be the standard. These same musicians recorded 16 measures at a time, getting to repeat mistakes, and having it all straightened out in editing will sound just wonderful. Then the recording costs less than even the cheap seats. While being superior.

Some years ago, a friend of mine who's had a long career as a professional trumpet player told me that when he shows up for a studio gig, they tell him to leave his horn and come back in a few hours. I think he was joking.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Become a real audiophile

(1) Choose an audio file format (24/480, DSD-HQX, GCQ-WTF, etc.) and be a total dick about it and refuse to listen to any music not available in your chosen format.…

I have to say I found this post hugely entertaining. Bill, you should compile your "best-of" curmudgeonly posts, and publish a book (or at least an e-book).

I'd like to say more, but I have to get back to my comparison of the SQ of different eSATA cables.

--David