IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

Put the Recovery in my system about an hour ago.

Was an early adopter of the Regen and microRendu.

Now making another run at maximizing performance of Auralic Aries after frustration with dual PC HQP/Roon/mRendu setup. Goal is to get the Aries>Lampizator sounding "good enuff" to let go of the complicated crap-ola so I can just relax and listen to music again.

Already impressed with what I'm hearing.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been enjoying the benefits of the Recovery between my Aurender N100h and Auralic Vega for a while now and was wondering if I could possibly squeeze a little more from the setup at minimal cost. Now I don't know if this has previously been raised on this or any other thread but contrary to the claim on the Sbooster website that the Vbus2 Isolator is incompatible with the Recovery I am using it to good effect after the Recovery. Hope this is of interest to others to try.

I have been enjoying the benefits of the Recovery between my Aurender N100h and Auralic Vega for a while now and was wondering if I could possibly squeeze a little more from the setup at minimal cost. Now I don't know if this has previously been raised on this or any other thread but contrary to the claim on the Sbooster website that the Vbus2 Isolator is incompatible with the Recovery I am using it to good effect after the Recovery. Hope this is of interest to others to try.

Curious... Does the Vbus2 Isolator do something different than what I achieve by taping off all of the power connectors on the USB plugs?

I use the Recovery between my Auralic Aries and Lampizator DAC - very effective and IMO better than the other, similar unit whose moniker begins with R.

Curious... Does the Vbus2 Isolator do something different than what I achieve by taping off all of the power connectors on the USB plugs?

I use the Recovery between my Auralic Aries and Lampizator DAC - very effective and IMO better than the other, similar unit whose moniker begins with R.

I actually use Vbus2 Isolators after my Aries Mini and after Regen Amber with good results...despite the face that I use 3 wire USB cables and detach the GND after the DAC handshake. I do not know why it improves the details in the music...but it does for me on my setup. The only reson I can see it is the fact that Vbus2 is isolated and could isolate better from the USB bus of both Aries Mini and Regen...but that is a pure guess though.

I'm using unshielded USB cables btw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

🎛️  Audio System  

Is there any rechargeable battery power available for W4S? Thanks.

Good question! I'm interested to read an answer too! :)

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 3 weeks later...
I went from a Regen to Recovery.

I use a Chord Mojo with iPhone and Curious link and USB.

With the Recovery, the music has more body and tonal color and saturation.

Ingredients which are essential for musical enjoyment.

Did you use the Bakoon BPS-2 for both the Regen and the Recovery when you conducted your comparison?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

Did you use the Bakoon BPS-2 for both the Regen and the Recovery when you conducted your comparison?

Yes, Bakoon powering both Regen and Recovery.

I thought some of the limitations I was hearing was from the Curious cables, but it was actually the Regen all along.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

So I have read this whole topic. A lot of information to absorb at once. If I understand correctly, since mid February 2016, a revised version of the Recovery is compatible with all DACs? So, no worries.

The revised version of the Recovery ships with a 6V power supply, versus 9V for the original? The revised model can accept a power supply between 6V to 9V? The W4S website still states the revised/current model ships with a 9V power supply (must be a mistake).

Has anyone tried the revised model with the CI Audio 9V DC power supply? I already have some CI Audio products (VHP2 + VAC9). I like the gear, so would most likely buy the CI Audio power supply.

• 4 weeks later...

Deleted

UptonedMacMini(onJS2)>TelluriumSiverDiamondUSB>IsREgen(onLPS1onJS2)>Curious(short)>BerkeleyAlphaUSB>TomboTronBNC>MetrumPavaneDAC>SilvermithPalladium>MargulesSF(20SE)Pre>TelluriumSilverDiamond>MarguesU280c(25SE)Amp>AZAbsoluteSpeakercables>MargulesOrpheus+MarguleSub.CD:Cambridge851C>StealthVaridigSextet>MetrumPavane.

Powerconditioning/cables:AudienceAR6TSSD;KubalaSosnaElationon>AR6;OndaRaptureonPre-andAmp;KaplancablesonDAC/Transport;Combak350>JS-2;AZAbsolute>Alpha USB.

5ab04fc775d4d_2018-02-1511_30_04.thumb.jpg.bdba2e1c8a8ba2d514247b298a41222d.jpg

Deleted

Yes I do. I managed to use not one but two Curious Regen/RUR links between audioPC to RUR and from RUR to DAC. Very well worth it! However, if I started over I'd also look into Pachanko RUR links.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

I know that you apologized to Alex, but you seriously need to chill mon, as does this Dev fellow.

Obviously there were some feathers ruffled about the Uptone Audio JS-2. It's like people think I called it "snake oil" which I certainly didn't. BUt please show me 3 independent reviews from a top audiophile publications print or digital NOT on the ComputerAudiophile website!

There is NOT one outside review on this $1000 product after 1+ years. I am not speaking about the Regan which has received rave reviews.. but now that I mentioned it there is a better product called the Recovery. Yes, the Regan was the first but now there is much better. It happens all the time. No big deal. Fortunately all these high rollers can afford an amazingly inexpensive product so we all can enjoy!

I am happy to discuss in a rational discussion which is what the purpose of the site is all about or at least I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

UptonedMacMini(onJS2)>TelluriumSiverDiamondUSB>IsREgen(onLPS1onJS2)>Curious(short)>BerkeleyAlphaUSB>TomboTronBNC>MetrumPavaneDAC>SilvermithPalladium>MargulesSF(20SE)Pre>TelluriumSilverDiamond>MarguesU280c(25SE)Amp>AZAbsoluteSpeakercables>MargulesOrpheus+MarguleSub.CD:Cambridge851C>StealthVaridigSextet>MetrumPavane.

Powerconditioning/cables:AudienceAR6TSSD;KubalaSosnaElationon>AR6;OndaRaptureonPre-andAmp;KaplancablesonDAC/Transport;Combak350>JS-2;AZAbsolute>Alpha USB.

Yes I do. I managed to use not one but two Curious Regen/RUR links between audioPC to RUR and from RUR to DAC. Very well worth it! However, if I started over I'd also look into Pachanko RUR links.

I think that you replied to the wrong comment.

FWIW, YMMV:

I have the new Uptone LPS-1 driving my microRendu (Squeezebox Server on Synology NAS), and an iFi iPower was driving a W4S Remedy (iTunes on Mac) in parallel–both getting signal from an Apple Airport Express. Then I finally got around to trying the LPS-1 with the Remedy.

Hmm... Hmm... After ten minutes of comparing and 20 minutes of just enjoying the Remedy, I unplugged the microRendu and set it aside for sale!

In my system, the LPS-1 elevated both components (over the iFi iPower), but also versus the other of the two input formats. The ease or effortlessness of the sound, the detail = all smiles here. My setup may not be ultimate, and it has practical compromises (Wi-Fi), but now it's 90% dialed in for me. After a summer of doing a lot of critical listening, this was an unexpected surprise.

Mac/iTunes –> Apple Airport Extreme –> (Wi-Fi) –> Airport Express –> Optical, Analysis Plus Cable –> W4S Remedy/Uptone Audio LPS-1 –> Coax, Wireworld Starlight 7 –> Audio-GD DAC-19 10th Anniv. (PLL disengaged) –> Naim Audio/PSB speakers

Hope this helps!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

FWIW, YMMV:

I have the new Uptone LPS-1 driving my microRendu (Squeezebox Server on Synology NAS), and an iFi iPower was driving a W4S Remedy (iTunes on Mac) in parallel–both getting signal from an Apple Airport Express. Then I finally got around to trying the LPS-1 with the Remedy.

Hmm... Hmm... After ten minutes of comparing and 20 minutes of just enjoying the Remedy, I unplugged the microRendu and set it aside for sale!

In my system, the LPS-1 elevated both components (over the iFi iPower), but also versus the other of the two input formats. The ease or effortlessness of the sound, the detail = all smiles here. My setup may not be ultimate, and it has practical compromises (Wi-Fi), but now it's 90% dialed in for me. After a summer of doing a lot of critical listening, this was an unexpected surprise.

Mac/iTunes –> Apple Airport Extreme –> (Wi-Fi) –> Airport Express –> Optical, Analysis Plus Cable –> W4S Remedy/Uptone Audio LPS-1 –> Coax, Wireworld Starlight 7 –> Audio-GD DAC-19 10th Anniv. (PLL disengaged) –> Naim Audio/PSB speakers

Hope this helps!

The Remedy comes with a 9V SMPS which you replaced with the 7V LPS. This is sufficent?

The Remedy comes with a 9V SMPS which you replaced with the 7V LPS. This is sufficent?

For your answer, check out post #489 just a little bit above, a post from W4S.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Emcee I misread the post above which is for the Recovery USB power/reclocking ("RUR") device. I have both the Recovery and the W4S Remedy which is a similar reclocking device for optical digital such as Apple's Airport Express. I gather they designed it for just my use case which is an iTunes and Apple wi-fi network.

W4S has confirmed for me that while 7V from an LPS-1 is borderline low voltage, it should be okay. I also reasoned that because there's probably a regulator or something that steps the voltage down from the supplied 9V unit, if 7V weren't enough, it just wouldn't work or would sound poor.

I've been having better sound via a microRendu/LPS-1 into my DAC's USB (operating in parallel with the optical/Remedy from the same Airport Express), but recently I decided I prefer the W4S/LPS-1 sound into my DAC's coax. I've done more listening and really the differences are subtle (edges and dynamics)–to me this speaks well of both units. Or my system. Or both. Or...nothing. Nonetheless, I'm very pleased as the sound is marvelous. Thanks again to John and Alex (as well as EJ and Jesus)... Excited to see what comes next to simplify the chain of conversions, filters, and power into a DAC.

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.