IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

Wow. This thread surely does mutate every 5 pages. Initially it was a little suffocating with no leeway/flexibility given to deviate from its stated purpose by the curator. Can we blame him for not wanting to let the reins go an inch? I think not. He was well aware of the natural tendency of threads like this to corrupt themselves without direction. As a result the early days of this thread appeared similar to how it would feel to live in present day Syria. Unbeknowest to the curator, yes the thread was functionally alive, but it wasn't prospering. However, upon his unceremonious disappearance, we began to witness a copious overflow of information. Mostly good, yet some bad. Amazingly these days could be considered the twilight of this thread because, as always, the animal farm will prove to be what it really is.

I'm glad the good days lasted as long as they did - I have gleaned some very useful information - unlike WBF, which requires all but a page or two to descend into abject hilarity with associated mudslinging and name calling from people old enough to be great grandfathers. I shall be purchasing both a Recovery and an Intona, and hopefully pair them with an LPS that can individually power them both.

RIP thread.

Absolutely brilliant eulogy!

Hello,

Welcome to the thread. Excellent question.

Thank you for posting and posing this question.

Best,

Richard

How patronising. Get to the point man.

Windows 10 - (Asus P8Z77-M PRO; Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz; Kingston HyperX 16GB 1866Mhz; Crucial MX200 1TB SATA3 SSD) - Foobar 2000 - Oyaide Continetal USB - Wyred4Sound Recovery reclocker - Wyred4Sound DAC2se - Oyaide AZ-910 Interconnects - Ayon Eris Pre-amp - Pass Labs X150.8 Power Amp - Nordost Frey - Triangle Magellan Speakers.

I have gleaned some very useful information - unlike WBF, which requires all but a page or two to descend into abject hilarity with associated mudslinging and name calling from people old enough to be great grandfathers.

I know what you mean: it has changed a lot over there, but there have been some recent changes and upheaval, so maybe they're on a track to recovery (ehhhh...).

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

I know what you mean: it has changed a lot over there, but there have been some recent changes and upheaval, so maybe they're on a track to recovery (ehhhh...).

We shall see how things turn out. I think it should be called Audio Asylum. Oh wait, that name's already taken.

AFTER ALL THE EARLIER HYPE: Initial 100 hour impressions otw to 200 hour for full break in.. Everything that I read prior to and especially being a skeptic in my own right ... The Wyred 4 Sound Recovery + Curious USB on both ends + iFi power 12v + DSD source material are one potent combination for next level higher audiophile playback that I have ever quite experienced.

The reviews about being "front and center" could not have been more accurate.

Greater bass. Greater Sound Stage. Dimensionality. Separation.

Blown away.

We shall see how things turn out. I think it should be called Audio Asylum. Oh wait, that name's already taken.

or HA for some of the problematic parts. Ah wait, taken too :P

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Now stick the Intona Industrial in front of it and power both with LPS (and implement optical LAN isolation).

;-)

AFTER ALL THE EARLIER HYPE: Initial 100 hour impressions otw to 200 hour for full break in.. Everything that I read prior to and especially being a skeptic in my own right ... The Wyred 4 Sound Recovery + Curious USB on both ends + iFi power 12v + DSD source material are one potent combination for next level higher audiophile playback that I have ever quite experienced.

The reviews about being "front and center" could not have been more accurate.

Greater bass. Greater Sound Stage. Dimensionality. Separation.

Blown away.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

Now stick the Intona Industrial in front of it and power both with LPS (and implement optical LAN isolation).

;-)

Rw: Interesting. Can you please explain in much greater detail about this additional equipment and can you send a few links so I can understand.

Thank you.

Much of it is explained in my sig (always read the small print)

;-)

There is a thread on CA about 'network isolation', many people (myself included) are using 'TP Link Media Converter' (FMC) to switch from copper to fibre and then back to copper at the server end of the LAN = optical LAN isolation.

Intona has it's own thread on CA.

The LPS I use are listed below in my sig.

Rw: Interesting. Can you please explain in much greater detail about this additional equipment and can you send a few links so I can understand.

Thank you.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

R_W appreciate the info. When you have additional time can you please really "dumb this down" as to the whole purpose of these additional steps and equipment. I see you also own the Auralic VEGA processor. This is currently way above my computer audiophile level of understanding at this point but greatly interests me and likely many others. Tx

^^ Sorry my above reply incomplete. Inadvertently pressed send.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to the members on CA for the useful posts. You have exposed me to products to improve the SQ on this hobby. I'm enjoying at the moment the improvement choices that was made. No issues whatsoever...

2012 MacBook Pro/current Audivarna+ > 0.5m Curious USB > current model Industrial Intona USB isolator > Curious 200mm link > original W4S RUR powered by 9V el cheapo LPS > Curious 200mm link > W4S DAC 2 (no upgrades).

Just completed 50hrs burn in time on my Curious USB full loom

And.....?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Wanted to wait for 100 hours before posting SQ impression. However, I like what I'm hearing so far. More impact on piano. Female voices more forward. Cymbals not overly bright. Bass seems tighter.

I just completed 100 hours of burn in on curious full loom myself ( with W4S Recovery) and it seems like I'm one of the only people who does not like the curious cable full loom:(

In my system, it seems to bloat the bass and lower midrange and seems "dark" / too warm.

Last week I auditioned 5 different USB Cables from The Cable Company and 3 of the 5 (wireworld silver starlight 7 + starlight 7 & Shunyata USB) also were too warm / bloated bass/low end whereas the other 2 (Cardas Clear High speed & AQ Coffee) were really fast / light/ airy and produced very nice details and sounded great in my system.

I will keep the 200mm Link, no question it should be better than the included short cable from W4S, but I will be either selling (PM me) the 0.5 M one or returning and buying the Cardas Clear Highspeed USB to go from Aurender server to W4S recovery, that was the best and most detailed cable out of all 6 by a long shot (in my system)!

If anyone wants to buy my new yet burned in 0.5 M Curious cable (also already here in the USA), let me know soon or I will just return it to Rob W.

I just completed 100 hours of burn in on curious full loom myself ( with W4S Recovery) and it seems like I'm one of the only people who does not like the curious cable full loom:(

In my system, it seems to bloat the bass and lower midrange and seems "dark" / too warm.

Last week I auditioned 5 different USB Cables from The Cable Company and 3 of the 5 (wireworld silver starlight 7 + starlight 7 & Shunyata USB) also were too warm / bloated bass/low end whereas the other 2 (Cardas Clear High speed & AQ Coffee) were really fast / light/ airy and produced very nice details and sounded great in my system.

I will keep the 200mm Link, no question it should be better than the included short cable from W4S, but I will be either selling (PM me) the 0.5 M one or returning and buying the Cardas Clear Highspeed USB to go from Aurender server to W4S recovery, that was the best and most detailed cable out of all 6 by a long shot (in my system)!

If anyone wants to buy my new yet burned in 0.5 M Curious cable (also already here in the USA), let me know soon or I will just return it to Rob W.

It's all about personal preference. The RUR improved the SQ in my main system. It worked even better behind the Industrial Intona. Originally I had the MapleShade Clearlink Plus/Wirewolrd Ultra Violet with the RUR. That was an improvement over my AQ Forest and RUR short USB. The Clearlink Plus is no slouch. It has given life to my computer setup. In time I'll purchase another RUR in that setup too.

Went with the Curious full loom in my main setup because of the positive feedback here. Impedance matching with one brand added peace of mind as well.

It's all about personal preference. The RUR improved the SQ in my main system. It worked even better behind the Industrial Intona. Originally I had the MapleShade Clearlink Plus/Wirewolrd Ultra Violet with the RUR. That was an improvement over my AQ Forest and RUR short USB. The Clearlink Plus is no slouch. It has given life to my computer setup. In time I'll purchase another RUR in that setup too.

Went with the Curious full loom in my main setup because of the positive feedback here. Impedance matching with one brand added peace of mind as well.

The W4S Recovery definitely made an improvement in my system! It is the full loom Curious that I'm not thrilled about (in my system and my own personal taste for brighter / faster / and detailed upper range) vs. the Cardas Clear Highspeed USB 2.0 cable.

I will keep the curious 200mm Link and only replace the 0.5 M Curious Cable with the Cardas.

I'm hoping the combo will bring back the sound I had with the Cardas > RUR > short USB included.

I only had the Cardas on loan / trial so I can't A/B with the the Curious 0.5M cable yet (I just ordered the Cardas today.

Wanted to wait for 100 hours before posting SQ impression. However, I like what I'm hearing so far. More impact on piano. Female voices more forward. Cymbals not overly bright. Bass seems tighter.

A question - are these observations the result of what you remember, or listening with the RUR in the chain and the RUR out? ... I'm getting together with a friend next week and we are going to do some serious listening with & w/o the RUR, and between a couple DACs.

A question - are these observations the result of what you remember, or listening with the RUR in the chain and the RUR out? ... I'm getting together with a friend next week and we are going to do some serious listening with & w/o the RUR, and between a couple DACs.

Listening with the RUR in and out of the chain. Without it my system sounds "flat". I have certain tracks that I use to test every time a new component is added. That's when my memory kicks in..."wow, never heard that before, her inhale and exhale are more noticeable", etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

It looks like a very interesting device:-) With very good feedbackfrom users.

Is anybody using RUR with a PP2 V2 usb card?

And with a Arcam Irdac ?

Thanks in advance

Laurits.

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

Hello.

It looks like a very interesting device:-) With very good feedbackfrom users.

Is anybody using RUR with a PP2 V2 usb card?

Thanks in advance

Laurits.

I have the PPA V2 card and it makes a noticeable improvement, as did the regen I had before. I found the RUR a step up from the regen.using mine into a chord Hugo.

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

I have the PPA V2 card and it makes a noticeable improvement, as did the regen I had before. I found the RUR a step up from the regen.using mine into a chord Hugo.

Jiffi32, did you also try or use an Intona in combination with your Hugo? I ask because I am tempted to try one. I own a Hugo as well. It does not have galvanic isolation so I expect an Intona would do even more to SQ than a Regen or RUR.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz