IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

Now we can clearly see the benefits of curation...

No. Now we can clearly see the benefits of appropriate Moderation in all threads.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Thanks Dev for the reasonable price power supply solution I will look into that one just like I did with the JS-2 that doesn't have one independent review from a top blogger or publication which was concerning

computeraudiophile.com IS a top 'publication' so if you cannot take the reviews here seriously, consider leaving entirely.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Furthermore my thoughts: COMPUTERAUDIOPHILE.COM is the best source for information based upon the mix of MANY "top notch experts" and passionate audiophile/hobbyists etc (such as myself) sprinkled in with most of our feelings/egos with facts and some fluff. The audiophile world is a "convoluted" place which almost make it a sport to some degree for some people and fun for others. There are people that take offense to a particular point of view if you don't agree with them.. But as long as the disagreement is fair and on point there should be no reason why this is not helpful to all.

In conclusion, this particular thread was set up for Wyred 4 Sound Recovery people not hyping another product which is obviously off topic!

I'm not sure why tallica1 is receiving such a pounding here. Is it because he has dared to criticise the forums golden child and one of his products? To all those who whined and said he had no right due to not owning said product, do you actually own one yourself? I've seen one person say they do.

I haven't found a better place yet. I've learned quite a bit on here, hopefully I've helped a few people in return.

(but some of the repeat agenda arguing should ideally be stopped at source or moved to another thread it can often get in the way of some very interesting knowledge and experience sharing... "the more hay you throw on, the harder it is to find the needle" and all that. Having said that, there are far worse places to discuss audio, literally brimming with idiots.

Long live C.A.

;-)

I completely agree that computeraudiophile is a top publication and I will take it a step further. I think computeraudiophile.com is the ABSOLUTE BEST SOURCE for this information in the world!

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

I'm not sure why tallica1 is receiving such a pounding here. Is it because he has dared to criticise the forums golden child and one of his products? To all those who whined and said he had no right due to not owning said product, do you actually own one yourself? I've seen one person say they do.

Thank you Possum Jenkins! Much appreciate the support. I actually didn't realize the owner of "Uptone Audio" was really "SuperDad" or as you call him "Golden Child"... regardless my intention was certainly not to insult him directly but having a opinion on the competition thread by "SuperDad" is definitely a conflict of interest per say as this is the Wyred 4 Sound Recovery thread only. But I understand this must be very concerning to him and taken as a threat. I guess everything is political. But freedom of opinion is what makes this site so great!

And just checking the Uptone Audio website they only sell 4 products...

Very interesting logic. If a company does not make many products, then perhaps that's suspect.

Okay, let's look further.

Berkeley Audio Design makes only three products, and two of them are DACs...so how much can you expect from them.

And Aurender currently makes only four models of its music server/streamers...same dangerous territory as Uptone Audio, it seems.

And with fewer than 200 posts, can we believe anyone who writes on this forum?

I mean, numbers, they say a lot, don't they?

Dave, who will admit that he counts on both Berkeley Audio Design and Aurender for his music joy and pleasure

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

Very interesting logic. If a company does not make many products, then perhaps that's suspect.

Okay, let's look further.

Berkeley Audio Design makes only three products, and two of them are DACs...so how much can you expect from them.

And Aurender currently makes only four models of its music server/streamers...same dangerous territory as Uptone Audio, it seems.

And with fewer than 200 posts, can we believe anyone who writes on this forum?

I mean, numbers, they say a lot, don't they?

Dave, who will admit that he counts on both Berkeley Audio Design and Aurender for his music joy and pleasure

More Ganging up I see. I guess my posts above weren't satisfying for some.

Cycleman: I have no problem continuing this conversation if you must..I can certainly walk back my comments about "only a 4 product company" and I will.

Now do you really think a valid comparison with both world re-known companies Berkeley and Aurender vs Uptone ?

And your logic says that "based upon the amount of posts that are written" by a fairly new member determines credibility or not. Really?

Bottom line there is a major threat to Uptone Audio by Wyred 4 Sound Recovery which is really what this is all about.

It's obvious.

Cycleman: I have no problem continuing this conversation if you must..I can certainly walk back my comments about "only a 4 product company" and I will.

Now do you really think a valid comparison with both world re-known companies Berkeley and Aurender vs Uptone ?

And your logic says that "based upon the amount of posts that are written" by a fairly new member determines credibility or not. Really?

Bottom line there is a major threat to Uptone Audio by Wyred 4 Sound Recovery which is really what this is all about.

It's obvious.

Oh, Talli, I was just being snarky.

Especially about amount of posts written.

Which may not be humorous to the recipient of such snark.

Of course, I sold my Uptone Audio Regen after getting the W4S Recovery, so I'm not sure what threat you're talking about.

I mean, SuperDad has surely been one of the more helpful and gracious members of this forum, but I know he can protect himself.

Try grace...that's obvious.

And I'm sorry for my lack of grace, as found in my snark.

Dave, who was born in New York City and lived on the island of Manhattan for over 16 years and so remembers that being easy-going is not the first thing that comes naturally to those who live on that crowded small island

Music is love, made audible.

I completely agree that computeraudiophile is a top publication and I will take it a step further. I think computeraudiophile.com is the ABSOLUTE BEST SOURCE for this information in the world!

Thanks Dev for the reasonable price power supply solution I will look into that one just like I did with the JS-2 that doesn't have one independent review from a top blogger or publication which was concerning.

Well I guess you missed Ted Brady (one of CA's most respected reviewers) discussing his experience with the JS-2 powering the exaSound DAC he reviewed last year: Computer Audiophile - exaSound e12 DAC Review

The fact is, major reviews of the JS-2 are not something we are seeking at this point (though we receive press inquiries from around the world). With our current staff (myself plus 1.5 people) and space, 30 units per 5-6 weeks is about the max week can build, and they sell out 3 weeks in advance. We keep dreaming of the day we can have a few on the shelf, but 260 units later that has yet to happen.

I actually didn't realize the owner of "Uptone Audio" was really "SuperDad" or as you call him "Golden Child"...

Similarly you seemed to miss the fact that my company is listed both next to my SuperDad handle and in the signature line of every one of my posts. Don't know what that "Golden Child" BS is all about. I neither seek or receive any favor, though people do seem to appreciate my honesty and business integrity. But I do screw up once in a while--and I might look back at this post as one of those times. I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls… :)

Sorry everyone for the off-topic. I will try to stay out of this W4S Recovery thread--provided nobody keeps dragging my name into it.

Have a great weekend all,

--Alex C.

It's obvious.

You are the one who creates noise. You never heard or owned Uptone products as far as I can determine from reading your posts. At the same time you make very bold statements. People who have actually compared the RUR to the Regen did only find marginal differences. Certainly not big ones. Same counts for the 'expert reviewer' you mentioned yourself earlier. John Darko only talkes about the RUR outperforming the Regen in a very specific setup (Fighting Fit USB Audio From The Wyred4Sound Recovery | DAR__KO). Besides this, a lot of these comparisons are still appels and oranges because of the power supplies used for comparison and because of other differences in system setup. Cabling for example.

If you take this community serious (as you say) you have to respect that 95% (rough estimation) of us that did acquire or listened to Uptone products are very, very positive about them!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Reinstalling the exasound drivers didn't make a difference. Tried plugging things in, in different orders as per Wyred doesn't seem to matter either. This may be a dac that doesn't work with the RUR.

xps13 -> JRMC -> exasound e28 -> blue jeans RCA's -> transcendent mini-beast OTL -> HE1000

Well I guess you missed Ted Brady (one of CA's most respected reviewers) discussing his experience with the JS-2 powering the exaSound DAC he reviewed last year: Computer Audiophile - exaSound e12 DAC Review

The fact is, major reviews of the JS-2 are not something we are seeking at this point (though we receive press inquiries from around the world). With our current staff (myself plus 1.5 people) and space, 30 units per 5-6 weeks is about the max week can build, and they sell out 3 weeks in advance. We keep dreaming of the day we can have a few on the shelf, but 260 units later that has yet to happen.

Similarly you seemed to miss the fact that my company is listed both next to my SuperDad handle and in the signature line of every one of my posts. Don't know what that "Golden Child" BS is all about. I neither seek or receive any favor, though people do seem to appreciate my honesty and business integrity. But I do screw up once in a while--and I might look back at this post as one of those times. I know I'm not supposed to feed the trolls… :)

Sorry everyone for the off-topic. I will try to stay out of this W4S Recovery thread--provided nobody keeps dragging my name into it.

Have a great weekend all,

--Alex C.

Alex I meant no disrespect. And I certainly didn't realize you were the owner of Uptone.

I also didn't know prior to that Ted Brady who is awesome and I greatly respect wrote a review about the JS-2. Had I known that before I spoke I would have never been so dismissive.

All very valid points Alex and my apologies for being rude.

Respectfully, Steve

Thread is so terribly off the rails.

Just thought I'd mention that I added a 200mm USB link (which was made custom with a 90 degree bend as their cable is less flexible) from Audio Sensibility. So I have their Statement Silver USB cables going to and from the Recovery. Stunning. Will take pics later.

Respectfully, Steve

No worries Steve. I appreciate your statement and the maturity to step back and chill--and to sign your post with your real name. To me that quickly separates you from some folks who have come round these parts and turned out to be really hostile and/or arrogant.

As CA founder Chris is prone to remind us: "We are not curing cancer or crushing kittens." Or something awkward to that effect. It's audio and wee are all here to have fun and learn from one another. Nobody has a monopoly on good sound.

:) :)

Ciao,

ALEX

Wow. This thread surely does mutate every 5 pages. Initially it was a little suffocating with no leeway/flexibility given to deviate from its stated purpose by the curator. Can we blame him for not wanting to let the reins go an inch? I think not. He was well aware of the natural tendency of threads like this to corrupt themselves without direction. As a result the early days of this thread appeared similar to how it would feel to live in present day Syria. Unbeknowest to the curator, yes the thread was functionally alive, but it wasn't prospering. However, upon his unceremonious disappearance, we began to witness a copious overflow of information. Mostly good, yet some bad. Amazingly these days could be considered the twilight of this thread because, as always, the animal farm will prove to be what it really is.

I'm glad the good days lasted as long as they did - I have gleaned some very useful information - unlike WBF, which requires all but a page or two to descend into abject hilarity with associated mudslinging and name calling from people old enough to be great grandfathers. I shall be purchasing both a Recovery and an Intona, and hopefully pair them with an LPS that can individually power them both.

RIP thread.

Portable battery recommendations?

My Anker makes the first second of each tune repeat. I think I also need 6v IIRC, as the Pro battery has 9v or 12v

(Hoping to get this thread back in focus, there has to be a middle ground bee teen the original dictator and Lord of the Flies.)