IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

Obviously there were some feathers ruffled about the Uptone Audio JS-2. It's like people think I called it "snake oil" which I certainly didn't. BUt please show me 3 independent reviews from a top audiophile publications print or digital NOT on the ComputerAudiophile website!

There is NOT one outside review on this $1000 product after 1+ years. I am not speaking about the Regan which has received rave reviews.. but now that I mentioned it there is a better product called the Recovery. Yes, the Regan was the first but now there is much better. It happens all the time. No big deal. Fortunately all these high rollers can afford an amazingly inexpensive product so we all can enjoy!

I am happy to discuss in a rational discussion which is what the purpose of the site is all about or at least I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Nearly everyone in this hobby knows that clean and stable power is a key factor for good SQ. Regardless of the component in the chain. The costs of a basic Regen and RUR could be kept fairly low because of the use of an entry level SMPS. As with amplifiers, DACs etc., higher levels of performance often are paired with better power supply's. Look at Lampi's DAC line-up. Every level from Amber to Big 7 is essentially a step up in better and beefier power components. I use the JS-2 to power my mac mini, the Regen and a SSD-enclosure and the difference between this setup and everything powered by SMPS's is night and day!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

OK Tallica, here's the deal. On CA people who have opinions about things they don't own or have not been auditioned in their home have no credibility. You are saying some Shunyata gizmo that you do not yet own will blow away the REGEN which it seems you also do not own.

Please refrain from conjecture in these pages. When you have some actual experience with one or more of these solutions please do share it.

Otherwise we are not interested in unsubstantiated opinions.

Thank you very much.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

OK Tallica, here's the deal. On CA people who have opinions about things they don't own or have not been auditioned in their home have no credibility. You are saying some Shunyata gizmo that you do not yet own will blow away the REGEN which it seems you also do not own.

Please refrain from conjecture in these pages. When you have some actual experience with one or more of these solutions please do share it.

Otherwise we are not interested in unsubstantiated opinions.

Thank you very much.

This [emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Obviously there were some feathers ruffled about the Uptone Audio JS-2. It's like people think I called it "snake oil" which I certainly didn't. BUt please show me 3 independent reviews from a top audiophile publications print or digital NOT on the ComputerAudiophile website!

There is NOT one outside review on this $1000 product after 1+ years. I am not speaking about the Regan which has received rave reviews.. but now that I mentioned it there is a better product called the Recovery. Yes, the Regan was the first but now there is much better. It happens all the time. No big deal. Fortunately all these high rollers can afford an amazingly inexpensive product so we all can enjoy!

I am happy to discuss in a rational discussion which is what the purpose of the site is all about or at least I hope so.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Don't be fooled! The best reviews are the customers themselves. Most of the time the publications are just capitalising on advertisements and try to sell more magazines, so it's not always the best source - take them with a grain of salt.

But customer reviews and word of mouth, that's where you should be focusing more. Add to this, the team behind Uptone and you can be certain that they produce great products!

Now, if these great products are of benefit to you or not, that's another question, especially since audiophilia is such a system-dependant hobby - that's true for all products out there, you just need to test, test, test!

Lastly, the comment about the 4 products is a joke: Uptone is a specialty, BOUTIQUE company!!! That means, they try to specialize in specific types of products and not have the full gamut like Yamaha or the other more commercial companies.

And trust me, you will soon appreciate more the products coming from small or relatively unknown boutique companies, than the products on the flashy ads and magazines - they, most of the time, offer far more value than their commercial competitors!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Not impressed. This answer above actually sounds like a snake oil salesman. "Trust me" "BOUTIQUE" "Don't be Fooled" "Best reviews are customers themselves"

My very valid point not even a well known audiophile blogger wrote a review about the JS-2.

Not 1 single independent review!

No snake oil for me.

Now let's get back on topic:

The Regan vs The Recovery

Not impressed. This answer above actually sounds like a snake oil salesman. "Trust me" "BOUTIQUE" "Don't be Fooled" "Best reviews are customers themselves"

My very valid point not even a well known audiophile blogger wrote a review about the JS-2.

Not 1 single independent review!

No snake oil for me.

Now let's get back on topic:

The Regan vs The Recovery

So much for the 10 minutes I wasted on answering you. Oh well, next time I'll know better...

And PS this particular thread (see above title) "Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker Finidings" It says nothing about the Regan in the title. So if I am offending people with the Regan or the JS-2 than stop trying to peddle both of those on this particular thread since the Recovery is a superior product and you can talk among yourselves on the Regan thread!

And PS this particular thread (see above title) "Wyred 4 Sound Recovery USB Reclocker Finidings" It says nothing about the Regan in the title. So if I am offending people with the Regan or the JS-2 than stop trying to peddle both of those on this particular thread since the Recovery is a superior product and you can talk among yourselves on the Regan thread!

Who's Regan?

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Regan is the device that you enable to filter out all the noise that tallica1 emits.

Ah, that's a very good feature here: the Ignore List.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Just tried the RUR with my exasound dac and windows+JRMC isn't able to "see" the dac any more (using standard usb cables). Tried plugging things in various orders and it didn't matter. Have emailed wyred about it - wondered if anyone else was able to get it to work with stuff from exasound, Thanks!

xps13 -> JRMC -> exasound e28 -> blue jeans RCA's -> transcendent mini-beast OTL -> HE1000

Just tried the RUR with my exasound dac and windows+JRMC isn't able to "see" the dac any more (using standard usb cables). Tried plugging things in various orders and it didn't matter. Have emailed wyred about it - wondered if anyone else was able to get it to work with stuff from exasound, Thanks!

are you running windows ? if so, try uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it. it happened to me with both RUR & Regen.

if you took 10 minutes to write that useless info then you should go back to school!

From one metalhead to another (i assume you also like metal music), stop being a baby and criticising everything everybody writes. Whatever, I'm outta here!

Damn, this was an interesting thread until you showed up. Your attitude makes me prefer sponsored threads now...