IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I will also be watching this thread. My interest in the Recovery is a result of my experience with the newly released bLINK. If EJ and company can make Bluetooth sound like hifi via the bLINK, I'd really like to hear what they can do with USB via the Recovery!

I've been interested in and kept an eye on W4S since their inception but the bLINK is the 1st product I've purchased from them. Why my interest? Besides the superb reviews and all the accolades they've received over the years, I still use my PS Audio Trio gear I purchased a few years ago.

"Rick Cullen of Cullen Circuits used to be the primary builder for PS Audio. EJ Sarmento – who worked at Cullen Circuits with Rick – formed Wyred 4 Sound and made an immediate splash with his Ice-powered amplifiers." - John Darko

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Richard. A wonderful initial report indeed for the little gizmo. My interest grows :).

A comment on that supplied "schlocky" wall wart if you don't mind. Seems the 2-piece approach would be to easily accommodate world wide plug differences, which is not a terrible idea unto itself. Your description of the less-than-stellar ps sounds exactly like the one which shipped with my bLink and you know what happened to that one. Yes, that one!

Enjoy your newfound sound. Peace.

Good morning Richard. As to the SMPS .. I guess many will want a baseline, wanting to know if the "better" is better at the lowest common denominator. Adding a linear/battery/whatever-you-like power supply is simply automatic for some of us and not so much for others. My guess is EJ wouldn't release the product if he didn't like that baseline. Power supply nerds will no doubt toss that SMPS in the trash without bothering to plug it in even once.

Alex, first and foremost I haven't seen the word "thusly" used in quite some time and I applaud you. Secondly, you are such a class act! I bet I'm not the only one here who appreciates your approach. Lastly, like you I appreciate Richard's honest and heartfelt desire to help the CA community. We are fortunate to have both of you here. Peace.