IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I've been using Pi2 (moode) as WIFI streamer connected via USB to my Peachtree nova220se integrated w/DAC. Files are all stored on Synology NAS on home network. It has handled everything I've thrown at it so far nary a glitch (up to and including 24/192). I have been alternating between the standard power supply that came with the Pi and an Anker battery. I was quite impressed with the the sound quality. Not as impressive as using my MacBook Pro w/Audirvana, but impressive for its size, etc.

So last night, I took delivery of W4S Recovery. Connected it straight away using the supplied power supply. I have a Furutech ADL Formula 2 USB cable from Pi to Recovery and an Audio Sensibility Silver Statement USB (which is tremendous value USB cable folks) from Recovery to Peachtree. The sounds, out of the box, was transformative. I have to do a little more comparison, but it has taken the Pi to next level sonics. I may end up leaving the Pi in my chain and retiring the MacBook to the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

OK Tallica, here's the deal. On CA people who have opinions about things they don't own or have not been auditioned in their home have no credibility. You are saying some Shunyata gizmo that you do not yet own will blow away the REGEN which it seems you also do not own.

Please refrain from conjecture in these pages. When you have some actual experience with one or more of these solutions please do share it.

Otherwise we are not interested in unsubstantiated opinions.

Thank you very much.

This [emoji109]

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Thread is so terribly off the rails.

Just thought I'd mention that I added a 200mm USB link (which was made custom with a 90 degree bend as their cable is less flexible) from Audio Sensibility. So I have their Statement Silver USB cables going to and from the Recovery. Stunning. Will take pics later.