IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

Please add the Audiolab M-DAC Plus to the list that does not work with the Revision "A" RUR.

I just purchased one secondhand in the UK and it does not work with my DAC :(

Does anyone know if W4S offer the fix for this, if the item is in warranty period? As although secondhand the original purchase date was within the last 12 months...

Hi jrd1975,

We can update the board if you need. Please click here for more info. We also have a FAQ page on the Recovery.

Thanks for this I had already seen this and carried out the troubleshooting steps. I will drop an email to your support / customer service to see what can be done to help. My main problem is that I am in the UK and that returning this for repair is going to prove very costly...

I sent mine back from the UK, it did cost me a bit, think came to circa 50 quid in the end. Had to pay a sizeable deposit which was refunded when the old board arrived at W4S (I did a board swap).

In contrast, Intona sent me a new unit FOC with free delivery and I volunteered to return the old one (I did return it).

IMHO both companies released these products without testing enough permutations, in Intona's defence theirs wasn't meant for audio, but they quickly put in-place a simple, free global upgrade plan. W4S did the same for US customers but rest of the World didn't get the same love.

... that was my experience, yours may differ.

;-)

PS: both products are now utterly superb!

Luckily looks like my experience may differ. The UK retailer has agreed to update the board....

W4S support were helpful but unable to offer any viable financial solution.

Once (hopefully) sorted I will post my listening impressions and recommendations related for UK consumers.

So after a few shenanigans I have a "Revision C" RUR which works perfectly with my Audiolab M-DAC +

Kudos to Item Audio in the UK for sorting me out.

Apologies for going off topic as the title of this thread clearly states findings for audio performance.

So my impressions after about 30-40 hours of burn in, using the stock USB and a cheap SMPS.

This has brought my system to life! For the budget minded audiophile this device raises the bar considerably. Others have already put it far more eloquently than myself, but I can see why it has such a number of positive reviews.

Previously I had an iPurifier2 in the chain which whilst I felt it did remove some digital glare the overall result was pleasant rather than superb.

In my system the RUR seems to give my DAC the ability to do its job properly, it's like I am hearing how good the DAC is for the first time.

Very happy and I am now considering the Curious link and maybe down the line an LPS...

• 2 months later...

Complete noddy question!

Take it the iFi iPower 9v works with the Rev B-C RUR?

W4S state "The Recovery requires between 6 and 9v and ~1A"

And the iPower is 9v ~ 1.5A

I am completely ignorant as to how one would work this out! Suspect it's simple if you know how....