IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I’ve had the Intona in my system for several weeks now. And I have to agree with most people’s experience - everything just sounds better. It’s not a subtle improvement - the SQ is clearly much better. It’s perhaps an advantage that the Intona is a passive device – requiring no power supply of its own. It’s equivalent to an intelligent piece of wire that cleans-up the USB signal, power and ground.

I’ve always been a bit wary of introducing a separately powered device into the USB link. It’s possible this will introduce new problems while fixing others. My feeling has been strengthened by those resorting to battery power for these devices.

The RUR looks interesting, but I guess my concern is that while it may improve some aspects it may also add noise back into the signal cleaned-up by the Intona.

I don’t think it’s necessarily silly to have an expensive LPS for something like the Recovery – I know they can make a big difference with DACs. It’s just that 7.5v is very specific and sort of odd. I can’t think of any devices requiring that voltage. I know W4S give a ‘safe range’ for voltage. But the fact that they package a 9v supply with the unit would seem to suggest that’s the optimum?