IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I got my RUR in this past Friday and had it up and running by 3pm. It's got roughly 67 hours on it and is a pleasure to listen to. It sounded great straight out of the box, but as the hours pile on, the sound improves little by little. And I'm just using the stock PS and USB cable that came with it. It's dead silent, open, airy, smooth, detailed, dynamic. I have zero complaints and feel that it was $200 well spent.

Signal Chain...

AURALiC Aries LE ->> Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 ->> Wyred 4 Sound RUR ->> Parasound Halo P5 Internal DAC

It sounds great with my ripped FLAC files, Tidal, even internet radio has received huge improvements.

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

Cheap feeling? I thought the little guy was rather stout feeling myself. And I can't imagine how the input could have gotten broken plugging and unplugging a USB cable from it.

On that note, I replaced the stock 6" USB cable with a 12" Wireworld Ultraviolet USB this afternoon. Seems to have cleaned up the extreme top end a bit, and possibly a bit tighter bottom end. Other than that, no huge difference.

Digital Sources: Bluesound Node 2 w/ iFi SPDIF iPurifier | Roku Ultra NAS: Synology DS215J running MinimServer Preamp: PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC Amplification: NuPrime STA 9 x2 Loudspeakers: Sonus faber Venere 1.5 Subwoofers: JL Audio e110 x2 Remote Control: Apple iPad Mini 2 w/ BluOS Power Conditioning: APC H15 | Blue Circle Cables: Wireworld | AudioQuest | Pangea 

p1823991316-5.jpg

That's good to know. I ordered a .3 meter Wireworld Ultraviolet USB for the same purpose.

I haven't had a chance to really sit down and listen to it since installing the WW USB, but from a couple quick listens, things seem to be getting better throughout, not just both extremes.

Now how's that for customer service!

Just as an update, I just got in the iFi iPower and installed that a few minutes ago. I don't have any time to listen to it now, but will tonight... Hopefully. I'll give some initial impressions then. One thing I can say now though, it is a well built, solid little wall wart. It's the perfect match for the Recovery.