IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

• 3 weeks later...
The Intona is the very best.

I have the industrial version on the way. I truly believe the theory in letting the Intona "clean up" the USB path then let the RUR do its thing to improve SQ. Next...maybe Curious Cables USB full loom. Man this $het never ends!!

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Sorry my above reply incomplete. Inadvertently pressed send.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to the members on CA for the useful posts. You have exposed me to products to improve the SQ on this hobby. I'm enjoying at the moment the improvement choices that was made. No issues whatsoever...

2012 MacBook Pro/current Audivarna+ > 0.5m Curious USB > current model Industrial Intona USB isolator > Curious 200mm link > original W4S RUR powered by 9V el cheapo LPS > Curious 200mm link > W4S DAC 2 (no upgrades).

I just completed 100 hours of burn in on curious full loom myself ( with W4S Recovery) and it seems like I'm one of the only people who does not like the curious cable full loom:(

In my system, it seems to bloat the bass and lower midrange and seems "dark" / too warm.

Last week I auditioned 5 different USB Cables from The Cable Company and 3 of the 5 (wireworld silver starlight 7 + starlight 7 & Shunyata USB) also were too warm / bloated bass/low end whereas the other 2 (Cardas Clear High speed & AQ Coffee) were really fast / light/ airy and produced very nice details and sounded great in my system.

I will keep the 200mm Link, no question it should be better than the included short cable from W4S, but I will be either selling (PM me) the 0.5 M one or returning and buying the Cardas Clear Highspeed USB to go from Aurender server to W4S recovery, that was the best and most detailed cable out of all 6 by a long shot (in my system)!

If anyone wants to buy my new yet burned in 0.5 M Curious cable (also already here in the USA), let me know soon or I will just return it to Rob W.

It's all about personal preference. The RUR improved the SQ in my main system. It worked even better behind the Industrial Intona. Originally I had the MapleShade Clearlink Plus/Wirewolrd Ultra Violet with the RUR. That was an improvement over my AQ Forest and RUR short USB. The Clearlink Plus is no slouch. It has given life to my computer setup. In time I'll purchase another RUR in that setup too.

Went with the Curious full loom in my main setup because of the positive feedback here. Impedance matching with one brand added peace of mind as well.

A question - are these observations the result of what you remember, or listening with the RUR in the chain and the RUR out? ... I'm getting together with a friend next week and we are going to do some serious listening with & w/o the RUR, and between a couple DACs.

Listening with the RUR in and out of the chain. Without it my system sounds "flat". I have certain tracks that I use to test every time a new component is added. That's when my memory kicks in..."wow, never heard that before, her inhale and exhale are more noticeable", etc.