IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound's Recovery USB Reclocker Findings For Audio Performance. (Curated Thread)

I received my RUR today. Out of the box I am pleased. I will give it time before further comment.

Note: RUR needs to have 5v power in from USB cable. I had to remove the tape from my 200mm CC power pin.

2012 Mini > 0.8m CC > Intona > 200mm CC > RUR > 200mm CC > Off-Ramp 5 > AES/EBU > SFD2 MKIII

When I installed the RUR (Powered by a Paul Hynes LPS) the leds did not come on. When I removed the tape on my USB cable power pin the leds were on. I do have tape on the USB power pin connecting the RUR and Off-Ramp 5.

I replaced a regen in my configuration. There is a positive improvement.

That means that 5v's are running right next to your signal going through the USB cable from your server/computer to the Recovery. Not good. But if it sounds better... it is better.

It is my understanding that some devices need 5v (EG. Xmos Chipset in Berkeley Alpha USB). Perhaps this is the case with the RUR.

The Curios USB Cable I am using has the power wire outside of the data cables. There are various others designed like this as well.

My SPDIF requires no USB power and I have blocked it from the RUR.

I have no regrets with this purchase.