IGNORED

Auralic Aries

Are they any other internet stations other then Tidal that you can stream with the Aries?

I do not have the list, but yes you have a lot of radio stations to stream :

Try the Internet Radio – AURALIC LIMITED

For streaming services, you have Wimp, Qobuz and Tidal.

Please have a look to the Auralic support page to have some usefull informations.

Sorry for the stupid question,but what is the difference between radio stations and streaming services?

Radio is free and TIDAL and other services you pay for.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

• 4 weeks later...
So Tidal seems to be the only streaming service available for Aries.in the US correct... Can Lighning DS be downloaded on a Windows PC to control the Aries? Are they other ways to control the Aries on a Windows PC?

There is no PC or Mac interface or web browser interface at this time. You can only use the app on your iPad or iPhone. You can add Spotify or other services by following this guide: How to access my TIDAL / Qobuz / WiMP streaming account? – AURALIC LIMITED

I know the link is a few replies back but when I clicked on it it gives me an OOPS and Google didn't help. Believe me I'm trying to avoid asking questions on this forum because of the responces I get. Which are never good. Some people here seem to go out of there way to be rude.

On the contrary, people here have been extremly helpful to you. It just gets tiresome to spoonfeed you answers you should already know, if you had taken the time to read Auralic's support pages, like everyone else here has and as has been suggested to you several times.

Yes, the link from digitalzed doesn't lead to the specific page (hence the Oops), but it brings you to Auralic's support pages, which you should already know, because you have been sent there a number of times, already.

I know the link is a few replies back but when I clicked on it it gives me an OOPS and Google didn't help. Believe me I'm trying to avoid asking questions on this forum because of the responces I get. Which are never good. Some people here seem to go out of there way to be rude.

You can also access all the support pages directly through the Lightning DS App. Go to the setting button (the little wheel in the lower left hand corner), touch it, and then find the User's Guide under settings.

Sorry for the stupid question,but what is the difference between radio stations and streaming services?

Radio stations are free and are not on-demand, so you hear what they are playing, you have no say other than changing stations.

TIDAL is on-demand, you play whatever you want, or let TIDAL play what they call "radio" but this really means a playlist generated off of the music you have/like.

mini+Roon > dCS Rossini DAC + Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s > vdH The Grail

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo G2

system pics

Read, play, discover...... I agree 100% on that, but why be condescending and judgemental on certain questions being asked... If you don't feel like answering them.... leave it alone... This forum is not that busy. You know what I mean!

Read, play, discover...... I agree 100% on that, but why be condescending and judgemental on certain questions being asked... If you don't feel like answering them.... leave it alone... This forum is not that busy. You know what I mean!

We want this to be a place where people freely share information. But when someone is *repeatedly* asking questions that can *easily* be answered by reading the manual, it's absolutely fair to shut that down with a "RTFM".

It's just not right to ask someone else to take time out of their day to answer a question if one hasn't first done their own homework. And when the answer can so easily be found, it gives the impression they are taking advantage of the kindness and generosity of the forum members. That's just not right.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels

we want this to be a place where people freely share information. But when someone is *repeatedly* asking questions that can *easily* be answered by reading the manual, it's absolutely fair to shut that down with a "rtfm".

It's just not right to ask someone else to take time out of their day to answer a question if one hasn't first done their own homework. And when the answer can so easily be found, it gives the impression they are taking advantage of the kindness and generosity of the forum members. That's just not right.

totally agree

I said, if you don't like my questions ignore them. If you don't know the answer to my question fine... I'm not asking you to do my homework. I quess my idea of a forum is different then yours. Sometimes the answers are not that easy to find or understand for some people. I'll find another way to get the help I need... Funny you can take the time out of your day to criticize me. Would have been much easier to just answer the question don't you think.... splodge you have been a member for 1 year and have only 5 post. One of them is to comment on this subject... I see your contribution to the forum. Thanks. There are other forums. I won't be bothering you people any more... Enough OK

Seem to be a loggerheads here. It is not that people will not help you, we will but you need to do some ground work first. Is it too much to ask that you look up a manual/FAQs? I don't think that is unreasonable and, let's be honest, it is very easy to do in this day and age.

I think it is your unwillingness to do this that has got people's back up and your responses.

'Why don't you find out for yourself' - Morrissey.

I'm not asking you to do my homework. I quess my idea of a forum is different then yours. Sometimes the answers are not that easy to find or understand for some people.

You aren't being given a hard time because you are asking those kinds of questions. It is because you have repeatedly asked questions with answers that are ridiculously easy to find.

I just accessed the user's guide from LDS and typed 'qobuz' and the relevant article was returned at the top of the list. It took only 7 or 8 finger taps to get to that! Pictures are provided that show exactly how to configure Qobuz! I'd be embarrassed and ashamed if answers to questions I asked could that easily be found. And I'd apologize to the person who pointed this out, sincerely regretting that I wasted their time.

I'll find another way to get the help I need...

Wouldn't it just be easier to just do your own homework? (Sigh).

You wondered why I spent time responding to you. I'm actually trying to help you.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Maimonides

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha and Delta power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels