IGNORED

Upgrade an Oppo 105 or get a new device/player?

So the 105D is required? I wasn't aware it had any extra feature besides improved video. That being said, I was really hoping to keep my budget a little lower than $4500. Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer for a single device to meet my needs?

I've read your other posts as well, so I'm responding to them all, not just this one. If you want to make a successful upgrade, you need a reference. Is there a product or system that you can point to and say that you'll be happy with it? If your goal is to upgrade, then you'll upgrade. If your goal is to achieve something specific by upgrading, its completely different. My advice to you, would be to listen something that you think will make you happy, before spending any money. If you can't do that, you can't expect to be happy with the results. There's so much information out there, its easy to build a system in your head, while forgetting that same system will sound different in reality.

Forget about the reviews, comments, prices and all the rest of it. Find the right sound first, and then worry about buying it. If it cost's too much, then look for similar alternatives. But without that initial goal, you won't have the structure needed to make a good choice for yourself.

• 4 months later...
I've read your other posts as well, so I'm responding to them all, not just this one. If you want to make a successful upgrade, you need a reference. Is there a product or system that you can point to and say that you'll be happy with it? If your goal is to upgrade, then you'll upgrade. If your goal is to achieve something specific by upgrading, its completely different. My advice to you, would be to listen something that you think will make you happy, before spending any money. If you can't do that, you can't expect to be happy with the results. There's so much information out there, its easy to build a system in your head, while forgetting that same system will sound different in reality.

Forget about the reviews, comments, prices and all the rest of it. Find the right sound first, and then worry about buying it. If it cost's too much, then look for similar alternatives. But without that initial goal, you won't have the structure needed to make a good choice for yourself.

very good point, I think an audio show is in my future...a place to hear many different options and know what sounds best. Thanks for your feedback

Digital: Synology NAS DS716+II > Netgear Nighthawk AC Wireless > Oppo Sonica DAC & 105

Analogue: Sota Sapphire, Well Tempered Classic Arm (LA Labs mod), Charisma Reference One MC, AcousTech PH-1 Premium Phono

The Rest: Conrad Johnson LS-17 Preamp, Conrad Johnson 2300A, Vandersteen 3A Sigs with 2Wq sub