IGNORED

Songkong

mav52

Anyone try this software called Songkong ? supposed to assist in fixing Missing Album Art, MetaData

From the website it notes

"SongKong is designed to be the easiest and fastest way to organize your music – identify songs, fix misspellings and add missing album art. SongKong uses intelligent acoustic matching from Acoustid to listen to your songs and find matches even when they have no information at all, but also takes advantage of existing file information to ensure you get the best album match. SongKong uses our own dedicated JThink Music Server regularly updated from the MusicBrainz and Discogs databases giving you more accurate matches, faster."

SongKong Music Tagger

The Truth Is Out There

Bought it yesterday, got the advice from Paul's Posts of PS Audio (I assume you do too).

Ran it across my library and it fixed nearly all (95% I would say) unknown tracks and albums Roon wasn't able to find.

So, recommended from my side and worth the money.

Consultant to Taiko Audio

Correct, no dsd support, but my dsf's are already well tagged with iso2dsd by sonore.

It took SongKong about 8h to check my 1,2TB flacs which is no surprise given the technology it uses (fingerprints each song)

Also I recommend to defrag your HDD after SongKong use.

Consultant to Taiko Audio

It might be a great thing for an untagged or poorly tagged collection. But I personally tag everything I add to my library, and I can't imagine that even the best robot wouldn't ruin my tagging.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Very interesting. Is SongKong for windows? Also any experience with classical files? Thanks, Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

• 1 month later...
The only shortcomings I see is that there is no support for DSD files (at least currently) and the time it can take to run on large collections which I've read can be a day or more.

Hi, just wanted to let you know we have now added support for DSF files http://blog.jthink.net/2016/02/songkong-323-now-supports-dsf-audio.html

Indie software developer of Jaikoz and SongKong taggers and the opensrc tagging library jaudiotagger

It might be a great thing for an untagged or poorly tagged collection. But I personally tag everything I add to my library, and I can't imagine that even the best robot wouldn't ruin my tagging.

Similar thoughts and I've been tagging for years with Tag&Rename. That said its a manual process and SongKong promises automation.

Might give it a try... I do have 3 local copies so if anything goes wrong and the undo changes does not work then I can simply do an overwrite.

But it does appeal to me if it correctly automates the process. I've tried automation with many tools like MusicBee, Foobar, and even some measure with JRiver but they all messed up the existing tags, more than fixing or improving anything.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

But it does appeal to me if it correctly automates the process. I've tried automation with many tools like MusicBee, Foobar, and even some measure with JRiver but they all messed up the existing tags, more than fixing or improving anything.

Hi master, a couple of other points about SongKong that might interest you.

1. Because of the issues with tagging Classical, namely should the artist be the composer, conductor, orchestra SongKong gives you the option to not update these fields and their equivalent Sort fields.

2. As well as the Undo Changes task you can also run in Preview which shows exactly what would be changed without actually changing anything.

3. if you use JRiver as your main player we have added a few compatability options for JRiver such as save Flac AlbumArtist as ALBUM ARTIST (instead of the more common ALBUMARTIST)

Indie software developer of Jaikoz and SongKong taggers and the opensrc tagging library jaudiotagger

• 2 years later...