IGNORED

Plex

I think there is not any post about Plex.

I am new in Plex software, finally I finished the pc config , but I'm in a doubt.

The free app Plex for the ipad, I can not use it as a remote. I can see Ll the albums I have in the pc, but when i choose one song, it does not sound there.

Any help?

hi,

i use Plex for movies, but it should be the same in use with music.

on my synology NAS i have a running Plex-Server

at the TV i have a little Android Box where i have to start the Plex App (could be a PC or Mac too i think)

then i can control the Plex App with an installed Plex App on a Android Tablet or Ipad too by choosing the Android Box as Renderer.

Works fine.

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

A very basic question... But you do have both the Server part and the Plex Home Theatre "player" installed don't you?

(They could be on different computers/devices but both halves of the equation are needed.)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

i use a server (plexserver on Syno NAS)

a client at my tv (orbsmart S82 Android Box with Plex App - no plex abo necessary)

and a tablet with the Plex App for controle it (or my Airmouse with the Android App directly on my TV)

but i don`t use it for music at the moment

roon ROCK on a NUC Dawsoncanyon

ELAC DDP-2 as roon endpoint and Preamp (also for analog devices, TV, Omtec turntable amp for my Thorens TD2001)

XLR > ATC SCM45A pro

RME ADI 2 DAC Fs DAC/Pre with ADAM Artist5 at PC setup

Grado GH-1 Headphone

• 1 month later...

Plex i use it for movie and photo. i won't use it for serious listening for music.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono