IGNORED

Please Explain what 2XHD recording is to me...

Got the following from the "technical" description of an album at ProStudioMasters:

192 kHz / 24-bit, 96 kHz / 24-bit PCM and 5.6448 MHz DSD – 2xHD - Naxos Studio Masters

2xHD Mastering: René Laflamme 2xHD

Executive Producer: André Perry

This album was mastered using our 2xHD proprietary system. In order to achieve the most accurate reproduction of the original recording we tailor our process specifically for each project, using a selection from our pool of state-of-the-art audiophile components and connectors.The process begins with a transfer to analog from the original 24bits/96kHz resolution master, using cutting edge D/A converters. The analog signal is then sent through a hi-end tube pre-amplifier before being recorded directly in DXD using the dCS905 A/D and the dCS Vivaldi Clock. All connections used in the process are made of OCC silver cable.

DSD and 192kHz/24Bit versions are separately generated, directly from the analog signal.

I'm understanding from that explanation that it was originally recorded in 24/96. An anaog master is created from the 24/96. DSD, 24/192 and DXD versions are created from the analog version. Final 24/96 version is created from the DXD?

Sounds a little odd to me. Can someone explain what's going on here?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Got the following from the "technical" description of an album at ProStudioMasters:

I'm understanding from that explanation that it was originally recorded in 24/96. An analog master is created from the 24/96. DSD, 24/192 and DXD versions are created from the analog version. Final 24/96 version is created from the DXD?

Sounds a little odd to me. Can someone explain what's going on here?

Audiophilia is what's going on. I get the same impression as you from that description.