IGNORED

Tidal and control point software

I am running an exasound playpoint renderer/streamer. I just purchased a QNAP HS-251+ NAS which I'm researching how to set up. I use an iPad mini as my controller. I use Tidal as well as my own music libraries. I'm wondering if there is control point applications available for IOS devices that has Tidal integration?

Thanks

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Hello, as you run a qnap, you can install as a package Bubbleupnp server (BubbleUPnP Server) on your qnap.

This soft will transform your upnp renderer into an open home one and you will be able to use Kinsky or lumin iOS app that both supports tidal.

if you have an android control point you just need to install Bubbleupnp to stream tidal.

hope it helps

br

Thanks, but a couple of questions:

1. Kinsky will work even though I don't have a Linn renderer?

2. Under BubbleUPnP, for QNAP, it provides the following downloads:

Which one would I use and where this is my first experience in using a NAS, how does one install these onto a NAS? ie. Can you browse or access websites like you would with a computer if I connect a keyboard and mouse?

2 ch: mac mini with Mavericks OSX, Audirvana+, JRiver MC19, Fidelia, iTunes with Bitplus, exaSound e20 DAC, Simaudio Supernova CDP, DSPeaker Anti-mode 2.0, Simaudio i7 amp, Anthony Gallo Ref 3.5 speakers, Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp, Sennheiser HD800 with Cardas cable.

HT: Pioneer Pro-151 Plasma, Anthem D2v pre/pro, Simaudio Titan 5ch amp, Oppo BDP-103 blu-ray player, Velodyne DD15 sub, Paradigm Signature S6/C3/S2's, Buttkicker tactile transducers.

Hello, you need the x86 package as you run a celeron cpu. You need to download the apk file store it on a of or a NAS. You go from your NAS gui into the "app center" and you install manually the apk you just downloaded from qnap (it should be something like 'install manually" where you browse to the file you downloaded).

You don't need to plug a keyboard or mouse to the NAS as you can administrate it from you computer just typing the IP address of the NAS on your remote computer.

BubbleUpnp server (please follow the tutorial) will change you upnp renderer into an open home renderer. Because it would be an open home renderer you will be able to use open home apps like Kinsky or Lumin.

Hello, you need the x86 package as you run a celeron cpu. You need to download the apk file store it on a of or a NAS. You go from your NAS gui into the "app center" and you install manually the apk you just downloaded from qnap (it should be something like 'install manually" where you browse to the file you downloaded).

You don't need to plug a keyboard or mouse to the NAS as you can administrate it from you computer just typing the IP address of the NAS on your remote computer.

BubbleUpnp server (please follow the tutorial) will change you upnp renderer into an open home renderer. Because it would be an open home renderer you will be able to use open home apps like Kinsky or Lumin.

For some reason, I can't install bubbleUpnp. I installed java first and then downloaded QNAP X86 to my mac and then browsed for it using my QNAP. When I download onto my QNAP, it seems to go through the download process, but then comes up with a message that it could not be downloaded.

• 4 weeks later...

To close this out, with the help of fellow CA members, I got bubbleUPnP installed on my QNAP and am now using Linn Kazoo and Lumin control apps with Tidal integration.

I am running an exasound playpoint renderer/streamer. I just purchased a QNAP HS-251+ NAS which I'm researching how to set up. I use an iPad mini as my controller. I use Tidal as well as my own music libraries. I'm wondering if there is control point applications available for IOS devices that has Tidal integration?

Thanks

I am using Lumin app on my old iPad 1...