IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

I replaced stock unit Sata with Pachanko Sata Reference in my SinglePC few months ago. The improvement was audible from the same beginning, after 2 weeks of burn-in period SQ improved substantially.

I can report that every aspect of SQ have been improved. The most important factors are more analog sound & 3D image, darker background & better clarity (less distortion),  better bass extension and more details.

Can anyone comment on the flexibility of the Pachanko SATA cables? I have the PPA black and they are super stiff, to the point where even if I try to pre-bend them into shape they put a lot of stress on the SSD connectors. I'm guessing the 40 cm length helps to get the cable where you need it, although that does seem like a long cable.

On 2017-6-5 at 9:14 PM, kilroy said:

Can anyone comment on the flexibility of the Pachanko SATA cables? I have the PPA black and they are super stiff, to the point where even if I try to pre-bend them into shape they put a lot of stress on the SSD connectors. I'm guessing the 40 cm length helps to get the cable where you need it, although that does seem like a long cable.

Pachanko REF Sata is not stiff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 10:33 PM, john925 said:

Pachanko REF Sata is not stiff. 

The Pachanko SATA cables are very easy to work with, they are flexible and does not put any pressure on the Motherboard or Hard Drive SATA connections.

Separate and a[part from that, they are the best upgrade you can do when it comes to SATA cables, it beats all other Audiophile SATA cables IMO.

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

On 2017-6-21 at 11:59 AM, nick77 said:

Anyone have a leftover Pachanko Sata after upgrading for resell?

Hi nick77, actually i have a PACHANKO Reference SATA Cable in 20cm length for sale.

I had this cable in my system for about 6 weeks (well burned-in) before i upgraded to the PACHANKO PURE Reference. The cable is in perfect condition. Drop me a message if you are interested.

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, got two of the Pachanko cable, ones for each drive. Drives are powered by linear bench supply. Dac is a cheap but modded Signstek with iSilencer. PC is on 24/7 so technically at 100 hr mark. Not sure I can really hear a big improvement (or at least $270 worth) through main system. However, there is a more natural presentation and flow through headphones. I'll give them some time but may not hold on to these for long.

Hello wushuliu,

I agree with Phil, my experience with the Pachanko SATA cables needs 250 hours of music  playing through them before they bloom and starts to excel.

Give it some time and I am sure you will love what you are hearing.

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

• 2 months later...

Yes, Pachanko Pure Reference sata is amazing. In my setup it is much better than the Reference sata cable. Just so much more musical information coming through now.

Haven`t seen much talked about the Iteration usb cable. Any comparisons to Curious or other well regarded cables would be interesting.

12 minutes ago, wushuliu said:

Selling both my MK2s if anyone's interested (need to fund possible RPi build).

Pls pm me.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

•  
  • Jukka
Hi Jukka,

I'm awaiting delivery of two of Chan's Pure Reference SATA cables (replacing two of his Reference SATA cables) When they arrive I'll to add to the post.

I have  Pachanko's 'Iteration USB cable" I previously used Chan's two head USB cable. The Iteration USB (in my system, my room) is more open, detailed and organic sounding. I'm happy with the upgrade.

Additionally, I've compared the Iteration USB cable to Curious Cable's USB. I prefered the Iteration cable (my system, my room). I also asked Chan to make up a short 'Iteration USB cable' so I could connect Uptone's ISO Regen (out) to my DAC. Shortly I'll let you know how the short 'Iteration USB cable compares to Uptone's own USPCB A>B Adapter.

Hi Audiotruth,

Thanks, really good to have more information about Pachankos cables.

I'm currently using a Curious to ISORegen to USPCB chain and it sounds very good, just like to always see if there is something better.

Will be interesting to hear how the Iteration compares to USPCB.

Did you find Pachanko Iteration much different/better than Curious ?

Hi Jukka,

My preference (in my system/room) was with Pachanko's 'Iteration' USB cable (both from Server to ISO Regent and from ISO to DAC) in my system. With both legs covered by the iteration, I felt the sound was more organic, timbre more life-like, tonal balance more natural and imaging a little tighter. However, I visited a friend who has a different system/room set-up to me, to compare the Curious USB cable with Pachanko's iteration USB cable (His system is mainly Gryphon gear i.e. Mephisto/Pandora/ Kaliope, his speakers are Vivid G2 - A very very nice system). The friend preferred the sound of the Curious cable.

With the Curios cable in his system, I felt the SQ was a little to warm,  with a slight thickening around the leading edge of instruments and vocals. My overwhelming desire was to want to extract a little more detail from his impressive system. Sound stage remained wide and deep. When the Pachanko iteration USB cable went in, I found the SQ was more detailed, organic, timbre more natural, tonal balance was right and imaging was a little tighter. The only negative thingsI noticed with the Iteration cable in, was the sound was slightly leaner however imaging was tighter and instruments / vocals were to my ear better defined.

My Friend would argue that with the Curios cable in his sytem the sound more life-like, more natural and more emotionally engaging. We agree to disagree/

I've not yet had a chance to compare UpTone Audio's USPCB A>B Adapter to Pachanko's short 'Iteration' USB cable
i.e. from the ISO Regen to DAC.... perhaps next weekend!

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil and always read this forum, specially, this topic. I also have a dedicated computer, that has an Asrock Q1900-ITX motherboard, 8GB of Corsair RAM, a 500GB SSD, SOtM tx-USBexp, a DIY linear power supply, Audiophile Optimizer with Windows Server 2016, a dedicated DIY 24 way cable, made with a Kimber 12TC, and others.

Recently, I purchased a dedicated SATA cable, made here in Brazil, that's called Audiopheeling Digital SATA Statement (photos below). This cable simply made my system grow up, giving much more "air", resolution, silence and a really 3D and analog sound. It was a significant upgrade. I have a friend that compared this Audiopheeling with the Pachancko Reference and told me that Audiopheeling is better. The price isn't so good, but the sound quality makes it an excellent purchase. I'm in love with it.

I hope you'll excuse me for posting these photos on a non-dedicated topic, but I think it will be a good contribution.

20170824_134209.jpg

20170824_134223.jpg

20170824_134228.jpg

SATA.JPG

20170809_122352.jpg

20170813_192156.jpg

20170813_000047.jpg

20170826_113339.jpg

Hi Audiotruth,

Sounds like I might really like Pachankos Iteration, of course these things come down to preferences and tastes and different setups too. Another interesting usb cable is Phasure Lush which seems to have good synergy with ISO Regen.

Hi Felipe, 

Your DIY braided cable looks beautiful, did you compare it to the stock cable to see if there is difference to how they sound ?

Audiopheeling cables looks promising too, little more expensive than Pachanko for us europeans though (shipping and customs)

1 hour ago, Jukka said:

Sounds like I might really like Pachankos Iteration, of course these things come down to preferences and tastes and different setups too. Another interesting usb cable is Phasure Lush which seems to have good synergy with ISO Regen.

Your DIY braided cable looks beautiful, did you compare it to the stock cable to see if there is difference to how they sound ?

Audiopheeling cables looks promising too, little more expensive than Pachanko for us europeans though (shipping and customs)

Hi Jukka

just my 2 cents.....

I had a brief listen to the Iteration between Regen and DAC. It replaced my curious link cable at that time.

I found the Iteration excellent but a little cool and lean. More detail and definition but at the expense of timbre, warmth and rounded fleshed out, what I call 'organic', sound. Hence for me the age old trade-off.

For me it is about achieving neutrality and finding components that dont have a sonic signature whether warm and lush vs detailed and resolved. Whether the Iteration or the Curious got it right (in my terms more neutral ), I don't know.

I have moved on to the Uptone uspcb/Isoregen and this has made a large difference to my ears. I initially found the IR+*Curious* link a little cool sounding. Curiously (pun intended) not what I would have guessed. However, I did find the Regen a little dark and full sounding and would periodically pull it out to release more detail and transparency. So possibly hearing a difference between the R and the IR.

Now I know it is not possible to make judgements on the Iteration vs curious based on my current setup. I will say that with the uspcb/IR/LPS1 the change was large and towards transparency.Not warm,not cool, not bright, not dark etc....just the system getting more out of the road of the music without imparting its own sonic signature.

I will have a chance to hear the Iteration vs uspcb in the future so will report back on my impressions. *Theoretically* the uspcb adapter should be the winner if you believe no cable is the best cable. OTOH I cannot say for sure that the uspcb doesnt have some sonic signature.

All my comments have been centered around my quest for neutrality, to the extent that anyone knows what this is and *desires* it. As said, when the system starts to disappear sonically  , each track sounding differently, reflecting the recording, is a clue that I am heading in the right direction. Some want "lush" sounding or uber detailed or whatever all the time. For me this is "HiFi" not high fidelity. Sonic sunglasses but nothing wrong with that.

Ah, I think that is more like my $1.02 cents worth !O.o

Sound Minds Mind Sound

2 hours ago, Jukka said:

Hi Jukka. By "braided cable" you mean the Kimber 12TC? This cable is an original 2m cable that I cutted off about 30cm. So I bought brass connectors and sent them to a goldsmith. Then, they returned like this, and I soldered them at the conductors.

20170802_235940.thumb.jpg.e66db7877510334f9a2475a81a5016a2.jpg

After that, I mounted the 24 way connector and started the burn-in proccess (with Purist Audio Design's disc). Here's a closer photo.

20170809_122543.thumb.jpg.fb4a6dd3a7975f3a332d87eb9c48c548.jpg

I built a linear power supply that I consider to be at the highest level. So I never accepted the fact that the 24-way cable (that comes with the Mini-Box M4-ATX) was so thin and with such bad material. So, a lot of reasons brought me to the Kimber 12TC: a) it has the double of the original cable gauge; b) high quality copper, compared to the tinned metal of the previous cable; c) originally twisted structure, already thought for isolation of interferences; d) Teflon dielectric. I used 4% silver solder and, for the SOtM USB card and the storage devices, I used silver plated copper cable, a combination that I consider very good for sources and which I already knew.

As a result, what I can safely say was that it brought a much better focus to the sound stage, made the harmonic body presents more completely, euphonious and natural, and made the system has more authority over the bass. There was no gain in detail, in resolution, but the naturalness with which it is sounding is very impressive. There was also no gain in stage positions, but those that already existed are much more defined. I feel a less than "myopic" listener, hahaha. Finally, with regard to the low frequencies, I don't believe that they are descending more, nor that they have presented notes previously not heard, but what the speakers already touched before are doing with a great authority and, more than that, with a lightness, a delicacy which, until then, I didn't consider typical.

------

About Audiopheeling cable, yes, it's more expensive than Pachancko. However, a friend that compared both told me that Audiopheeling is much better. I sincerly didn't say properly. My Audiopheeling has an excellent build. It uses natural cotton for damping and silver/gold conductors. My computer, now, delives a perfect analog sound.

Hi Jukka,

Thanks for your $1.02 cents worth :D. I liked the comment "I found the Iteration excellent but a little cool and lean. More detail and definition but at the expense of.." Your comment aligns nicely with a friend's comments about the iteration. I do enjoy the iteration's definition and details but would also like the sound to be a little more fleshed out. As the buddhist say 'everything is perfectly imperfect'.

I'll also compare the iteration with Uptone's uspcb adapter. Declaring my bias from the get-go, I too feel the uspcb adapter should better the iteration. And at only US$35 the uspcb adapter might just be one of the cheapest upgrade I've ever made.

Look forward to reading your comments re iteration vs. uspcb adapter.

Regards

1 hour ago, Audiotruth said:

Hi Jukka,

Thanks for your $1.02 cents worth :D. I liked the comment "I found the Iteration excellent but a little cool and lean. More detail and definition but at the expense of.." Your comment aligns nicely with a friend's comments about the iteration. I do enjoy the iteration's definition and details but would also like the sound to be a little more fleshed out. As the buddhist say 'everything is perfectly imperfect'.

I'll also compare the iteration with Uptone's uspcb adapter. Declaring my bias from the get-go, I too feel the uspcb adapter should better the iteration. And at only US$35 the uspcb adapter might just be one of the cheapest upgrade I've ever made.

Look forward to reading your comments re iteration vs. uspcb adapter.

Regards

Hi Audiotruth,

[That was my post you responded to, not Jukka's (I quoted Jukka at the head of my post, as likewise quoted you at the beginning of this post).

All I can say is that I completely agree with the findings of your friend - sounds like your friend and I might get along !!

Cheers

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Hi Felipe,

Yes, I meant the Kimber 12TC. No doubt a better than stock itx/atx cable does improve sound, just as better power cables and power sources usually do. That has been my experience as well. Very important for most natural and transparent sound possible.

If your friend compared the Audiopheeling sata cable to Pachanko Reference I am not surprised he found the Audiopheeling much better. Pachankos newer Pure Reference is also lots better compared to the Reference.