IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

Did anyone try the new Pachanko "Pure Reference" sata cable?

I have two installed on my SSDs (O/S and Music drives)

Was using the Reference before upgrading to the Pure Reference.

The Pure Reference is more open and airy, also more details than the Reference model. The Reference is a great sounding cable, but the Pure Reference is definitely a step above all others. It is like comparing a 2017 BMW 530i to the 2017 BMW 540i, both are great, but the 540i is a really nice step above with more torque and bang.

Recommended!!!

Music Server: Streacom ST-FC5WS-Evo chassis, ASUS H87M-E, modified with PPA Studio MoBo Clock Upgrade, Intel Core I7-4770t, 16 GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D, SOtM tX-USBexp, sCLK-EX, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0 (Final), JPlay, Fidelizer 8.x, Windows Server 2019 Core mode

Digital to Analog Converter: Mutec MC-3+ USB, B.M.C. UltraDAC

Amplifier:Sanders Magtech Monoblocks; Loudspeakers: Magneplanar 3.6R, Vandersteen 2Wq Subwoffers

Music player: Roon

Another plug from a happy Pachanko customer. I had been using a Pachanko SATA cable (the original Mk I) for the past year and I had been quite pleased with it compared against Paul Pang's Red SATA cable that it replaced and definitely much better than the cheap SATA cables that you can buy for a few dollars. Prior to moving to the Pachanko, I had contemplated moving up to Paul Pang's more expensive Black SATA cables but I wasn't that happy with the fact that Paul prefers only silver-plated copper SATA cables that I surmised was leading to some unwanted brightness and so I didn't figure his Black SATA cable would solve this problem since it was still made of silver-plated copper. While the Pachanko SATA gave up some detail to the Paul Pang Red, it had a much calmer presentation that sounded much more natural in my system.

I wasn't sure what the Pachanko Reference SATA would add for more than 2x the price but I am a big fan of single crystal (OCC) copper or silver for both signal and power and so I took a chance on it. After about 200 hours of use, I have to say that this is a wonderful cable. Physically, it is very well made and very heavily shielded which I suspect has plenty to do with its low noise characteristics. Very smooth and rich tonality with wonderful body and less apparent HF glare compared against his original SATA. This is a very well balanced cable and easily the best I have heard.

Of course, I am curious to know what his new Pure Reference sounds like but after learning it is made of silver-plated copper, I suspect it would be a step backward in my system.

I like to consider myself an open minded audiophile and am willing to try anything in the pursuit of better sound. I recently changed th SATA cable in my Naa PC with a well made Asus one. It's nothing special other than being shielded. I was/am very surprised to hear more detail in the music. I am now willing to try one of these Pachanko cables to see if I can get further improvement, though it suspect like most things audio I am going to face rapidly diminishing returns from my $6 Asus cable.

Can anyone pls explain to my why a SATA cable can impact the sound if my music is not stored on the SSD? Only the os and music playing application is on the SSD.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Can anyone pls explain to my why a SATA cable can impact the sound if my music is not stored on the SSD? Only the os and music playing application is on the SSD.

Here is my speculative comment that is based on personal observation. I think that anything that has direct contact with the signal has the potential to imprint on that signal (for better or worse) and that this imprint can potentially be carried forward all the way to your speakers. For those that have done comparative testing between SSDs and compact flash cards know that there are notable SQ differences between these media despite the understanding that the signal is ultimately buffered by the OS into memory downstream.

With the better SATA cables, generally they employ better shielding and are more immune to noise as well as thicker gauge conductors of higher purity resulting in better transmission characteristics and so the bits that enter the OS buffer are cleaner and of higher integrity.

This is my guess.

The OS drive is very busy. DLL will be loaded to the RAM upon program's request that means a read operation will be carried out and noise will be generated and then back to the mobo and then leak to the audio system. If virtual memory is involved, a write operation will be issued, usually a bigger noise will be generated. I guess that noises like these will be emitted and somehow picked up by the data drive. A good shield is a double shield which guards external noises from going into the cable and the noises in this cable from going out. Then the noises from the OS drive would become smaller and will generate smaller noise and the noises picked by the data drive will be smaller.

thank you @romaz and @greenleo

I agree that it must be something to do with sound because the main difference between the Asus SATA III cable I just installed and the cheap one I removed is shielding. So now the question is if the Pachanko cable can really improve on Asus cable???? I guess only one way to find out!

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

thank you @romaz and @greenleo

I agree that it must be something to do with sound because the main difference between the Asus SATA III cable I just installed and the cheap one I removed is shielding. So now the question is if the Pachanko cable can really improve on Asus cable???? I guess only one way to find out!

Yes on three counts: sonic performance, reliability, and customer service. Not to mention competitive pricing.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Pachanko speaker cables?

I thought I'd offer some early impression of my experience with the Pachanko speaker cable. I installed Chan's speaker cable in my system a few weeks ago. I have approximately 150 hours on them. Chan says they need around 500 hours. So consider this an early impression.

Chan’s speaker cable provides a fitfully weighty and rock solid clarity with space between instruments. Music sounds less Hi Fi-ish. Instead, music is presented with a crisp, clean and an uncanny delicate clarity, pinpoint imaging, wide soundstage, grip on the base with great base control and best of all, outstanding tonal accuracy. Since the speaker cable was inserted in my system, I’ve noticed a child like grin plastered on my face when listening to music and often when playing music files catch myself unexpectedly repeating the word ‘wow’. The speaker cable’s ability to turn music reproduction into an engaging and thrilling experience is stunning. I've not notice a downside to the cable.

I declare myself to be a ‘Pachankophile’ :)

I've just installed my new Sata Pachanko reference cable instead of my Red PPA for my OS SSD. Music seems to have more "air", space between instruments. Not night and day, but it's enough to notice really something. Does it improve more after "burning" ?

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

On 2017-03-18 at 2:28 AM, Audiotruth said:

Pachanko speaker cables?

I thought I'd offer some early impression of my experience with the Pachanko speaker cable. I installed Chan's speaker cable in my system a few weeks ago. I have approximately 150 hours on them. Chan says they need around 500 hours. So consider this an early impression.

Chan’s speaker cable provides a fitfully weighty and rock solid clarity with space between instruments. Music sounds less Hi Fi-ish. Instead, music is presented with a crisp, clean and an uncanny delicate clarity, pinpoint imaging, wide soundstage, grip on the base with great base control and best of all, outstanding tonal accuracy. Since the speaker cable was inserted in my system, I’ve noticed a child like grin plastered on my face when listening to music and often when playing music files catch myself unexpectedly repeating the word ‘wow’. The speaker cable’s ability to turn music reproduction into an engaging and thrilling experience is stunning. I've not notice a downside to the cable.

I declare myself to be a ‘Pachankophile’ :)

what cable did you have before,

I had the red as well as the black PPA SATA cables. I was very happy with the black one for a long time.

a few weeks ago i switched to the pachanko pure referenece SATA cable and what happend after this was simply stunning, not to say mind blowing.

i've seen and tried quite a bit during the past years, but the Pachanko pure ref cable's effect on my systems sound quality was nothing short than amazing. I didn't expect it to have such a huge effect, but i was so wrong.

I can really highly recommend all Pachanko cables, after all this is the reason why we offer them in our shop. Its just really really good stuff!

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Once upon a time, I had the stock SATA cable on my OS drive of my audio pc. Then I replaced it with a PPA red SATA cable and discovered that SATA cables can make a difference. Last year I replaced the PPA cable with a Pachanko Reference SATA cable and was surprised that the PPA could be surpassed so decisively by another audiophile cable.

Today I installed the Pachanko Pure Reference SATA cable and was amazed that the sound quality was boosted even further. More depth, bass and texture. The music just has more body and presence. I expect it will open up some more in the next few weeks and sound even better. Very impressed by this superior sounding cable. Well worth the investment. Great job, Chan!

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

The cables are simply insane, i don't know what else to say. I have a hard time myself believing and accepeting what those cables did with my system, totally amazing.

I feel that Chan has achieved master cable maker status. His new line of digital cables (iteration lan and Pure SATA) are unsurpassed. He is sending me the new iteration usb cable next. 9_9

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

• 3 weeks later...

So I swaped my OS disk Reference Sata for Pure Reference Sata. 

Pure Reference Sata = pure bliss.
I tested it in 2 systems vs the Reference. Both systems showed the same more appealing sound signature. Better clarity, space, depth, details and air.  The Reference sata has darker presentation. 
Pachanko Pure Reference really is the  best sata cable in the world! No more no less...