IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil and always read this forum, specially, this topic. I also have a dedicated computer, that has an Asrock Q1900-ITX motherboard, 8GB of Corsair RAM, a 500GB SSD, SOtM tx-USBexp, a DIY linear power supply, Audiophile Optimizer with Windows Server 2016, a dedicated DIY 24 way cable, made with a Kimber 12TC, and others.

Recently, I purchased a dedicated SATA cable, made here in Brazil, that's called Audiopheeling Digital SATA Statement (photos below). This cable simply made my system grow up, giving much more "air", resolution, silence and a really 3D and analog sound. It was a significant upgrade. I have a friend that compared this Audiopheeling with the Pachancko Reference and told me that Audiopheeling is better. The price isn't so good, but the sound quality makes it an excellent purchase. I'm in love with it.

I hope you'll excuse me for posting these photos on a non-dedicated topic, but I think it will be a good contribution.

20170824_134209.jpg

20170824_134223.jpg

20170824_134228.jpg

SATA.JPG

20170809_122352.jpg

20170813_192156.jpg

20170813_000047.jpg

20170826_113339.jpg

2 hours ago, Jukka said:

Your DIY braided cable looks beautiful, did you compare it to the stock cable to see if there is difference to how they sound ?

Audiopheeling cables looks promising too, little more expensive than Pachanko for us europeans though (shipping and customs)

Hi Jukka. By "braided cable" you mean the Kimber 12TC? This cable is an original 2m cable that I cutted off about 30cm. So I bought brass connectors and sent them to a goldsmith. Then, they returned like this, and I soldered them at the conductors.

20170802_235940.thumb.jpg.e66db7877510334f9a2475a81a5016a2.jpg

After that, I mounted the 24 way connector and started the burn-in proccess (with Purist Audio Design's disc). Here's a closer photo.

20170809_122543.thumb.jpg.fb4a6dd3a7975f3a332d87eb9c48c548.jpg

I built a linear power supply that I consider to be at the highest level. So I never accepted the fact that the 24-way cable (that comes with the Mini-Box M4-ATX) was so thin and with such bad material. So, a lot of reasons brought me to the Kimber 12TC: a) it has the double of the original cable gauge; b) high quality copper, compared to the tinned metal of the previous cable; c) originally twisted structure, already thought for isolation of interferences; d) Teflon dielectric. I used 4% silver solder and, for the SOtM USB card and the storage devices, I used silver plated copper cable, a combination that I consider very good for sources and which I already knew.

As a result, what I can safely say was that it brought a much better focus to the sound stage, made the harmonic body presents more completely, euphonious and natural, and made the system has more authority over the bass. There was no gain in detail, in resolution, but the naturalness with which it is sounding is very impressive. There was also no gain in stage positions, but those that already existed are much more defined. I feel a less than "myopic" listener, hahaha. Finally, with regard to the low frequencies, I don't believe that they are descending more, nor that they have presented notes previously not heard, but what the speakers already touched before are doing with a great authority and, more than that, with a lightness, a delicacy which, until then, I didn't consider typical.

------

About Audiopheeling cable, yes, it's more expensive than Pachancko. However, a friend that compared both told me that Audiopheeling is much better. I sincerly didn't say properly. My Audiopheeling has an excellent build. It uses natural cotton for damping and silver/gold conductors. My computer, now, delives a perfect analog sound.

Hello wushuliu. The only thing that I didn't know is about FAT format. My BIOS is properly adjusted, like as Windows and JPlay. I have a lot of new things to try, like JRiver 64 bits and another players, and some others apps that helps to turn computer a audio machine (Fidelizer, Album Player, HySolid, HQPlayer, All Core Any Cures, etc.).

About SSD brands, I always prefer Samsung. I know Paul Pang SSD, but it isn't a better or "optimized" solid state driver. The Paul Pang's SSD isn't nothing more than a commom SSD with a Phison controller and a few aluminium plates. Look the pictures below. The only diference between all of them is the quantity of storage modules. Paul Pang's SSD has 32GB (one module), and the others have 120GB (four modules). Nothing more than this.

image-1024x1024.jpeg

IMG_20170803_140123362.jpg

PCBFront2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After burn-in, the Audiopheeling SATA Statement cable shows a lot of improvement. Deeper bass, velocity, dynamics, richer sound, with perfect harmonics and timbres. The sound looks to be very real. You need to hear this!!!

At the other side, when I remove the cable from the computer, the sound seems to be wither, without presence, without life. I don't know anything about de cable's construction, but I really works well! Better than Pachancko Pure Reference.

• 1 month later...

Here in my computer, I use only one SSD drive, with 500GB, and stored both, OS and musics, each one in an individual partition. However, to obtain the best performance level, I installed the OS in a vdisk file and, every time I turn on the computer, all the OS is buffered to RAM. In other words, I make a RAMdisk and maintain the SDD exclusively for music. That's the best performance level that I've got here. At this level of care, the Audiopheeling SATA cable bring a huge improvement.

The vdisk file has 10GB, remaining more 6GB to buffer music to the RAM, more than enough. My computer uses Windows Server 2016, Audiophile Optimizer, JPLAY 6.2 and MinimServer, all running from RAM and without any display, just controlled by an Android gadget. I also think that a VGA/HDMI connection bring losses from audio quality, as well as shared USB and SATA connections. So, if possible, I always recomend to use just one SATA connection.

Yes, I'm running a singlePC. It has 16GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz, that's more than enough (vdisk with Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode takes 10GB of RAM and OS takes something about 800MB, remaining about 5GB or more for the music buffer). Although DDR4 memory is currently possible, I guarantee that the slowest part of our computers is the SSD/SATA connection, and even M.2 isn't fast like RAMdisk. So, once the OS is loaded to RAM, the computer runs very very fast, more than enough to audio application.

Actually, I want to use audioPC and controlPC setup, but it don't make sense if one of them won't be good as the computer I already have. It's not very powerfull, but its specs are very good. I opted to use Asrock Q1900-ITX, because the Intel J1900 processor has four phisical cores and just 10w TDP, which, in comparison to other processors running without virtual technology and hyper-threading (recommended by Audiophile Optimizer), provides me more processing power than some Core i5, for example, and many Core i3 (four cores running at 2,00GHz). Since I don't have enough money to mount a Xeon based computer, I think that the best way to obtain high performance is taking care with heating (no coolers generating mecanical and eletromagnetic noise), movable parts (no hard disks), power supply (I use a linear DIY based in the Mini Box M4-ATX) and using the smallest number of connections as possible.

thuandb, I wrote a little "instructions manual" to teach how we can configure everything correctly. After try for a week, without sucess, I finally got the system working properly, so, I thought that write a "step-by-step" could help many other people, including me, in future. However, the file is in Portuguese. I hope that you can translate it to English.

You'll need to download these tools/drivers: WinNTSetup, FiraDisk 0.0.1.30, Grub4Dos and Bootice.

The best advantages are: a) no reading/writing Windows files during use; b) very fast response, with less jitter and latency (RAM is faster than SATA III, M.2 or PCI-Express SSD); c) SATA connection used exclusively for play music. I don't know why, but, after doing RAMdisk, the performance level of the computer is better when just one SSD is connected to mother board. As Windows runs from RAM, there isn't drawback in allocating Windows and the music library on the same SSD, in individual partitions. Finally, the cost gets smaller because there's only one SSD and one SATA cable.

Configurar Windows Server 2016 no modo Core.pdf