IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

Yes, that is the question.

I recently trialled a friend's JCAT SATA cable on the music ssd and was surprised with the SQ improvement (I was expecting none). In short improved tonal balance with smoother mids,less harshness without other losses. Indeed, incremental improvements in other areas. The JCAT unfortunately has known issues with mobo and ssd compatibility, Windows (10 in my case) frequently not recognizing connected drive. There is a JCAT SATA v2 cable just out so maybe addresses these problems.

Has anyone had similar compatibilty issues with Pachanko?

Hi Guys

I have recently had the opportunity to sample several Pachanko SATA cables. I had a PPA sata cable on my OS disk in the audio pc of my 2 pc streamer and replaced it with Pachanko's red SATA cable. The improvement was obvious immediately. Music had more body and better focus. This only improved over the next week.

Recently I have switched that cable to his black Reference Sata cable. This brought even more improvement in detail, tonal balance and clarity. This was a 60 cm size. I am waiting on two 30 cm black reference cables from Pachanko, one will go in the control pc and one in the audio pc. I will report my findings back here. Based on my recent experiences, I have very positive expectations.

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

• 11 months later...

Once upon a time, I had the stock SATA cable on my OS drive of my audio pc. Then I replaced it with a PPA red SATA cable and discovered that SATA cables can make a difference. Last year I replaced the PPA cable with a Pachanko Reference SATA cable and was surprised that the PPA could be surpassed so decisively by another audiophile cable.

Today I installed the Pachanko Pure Reference SATA cable and was amazed that the sound quality was boosted even further. More depth, bass and texture. The music just has more body and presence. I expect it will open up some more in the next few weeks and sound even better. Very impressed by this superior sounding cable. Well worth the investment. Great job, Chan!

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

The cables are simply insane, i don't know what else to say. I have a hard time myself believing and accepeting what those cables did with my system, totally amazing.

I feel that Chan has achieved master cable maker status. His new line of digital cables (iteration lan and Pure SATA) are unsurpassed. He is sending me the new iteration usb cable next. 9_9

• 11 months later...

I'd be interested in results if someone gives this a go.

Here is a method to convert PDFs:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/tools/translate-pdf-word-documents-online-google-translate/3553/

• 11 months later...
5 minutes ago, moriez said:

I imagine the frustration. Shipping issues is one thing, not responding for weeks even months is another. Inexcusable!

I checked his member page:

https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/21052-geekuix/

He has not signed in to this site since January 9th....two and a half months. I hope he is okay.