IGNORED

Pachanko SATA Cable

I first upgraded sata link on os ssd of audioPC to Pachanko Reference SATA, liked the positive change in SQ, then lately upgraded sata link on os ssd of controlPC, and loved the heightened dimentionality. Besides, Pachanko SATA seems reliable and durable. I've installed and reinstalled ws2016 many times for the last few weeks but experienced none of sata relared errors. Highly recommended.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

thank you @romaz and @greenleo

I agree that it must be something to do with sound because the main difference between the Asus SATA III cable I just installed and the cheap one I removed is shielding. So now the question is if the Pachanko cable can really improve on Asus cable???? I guess only one way to find out!

Yes on three counts: sonic performance, reliability, and customer service. Not to mention competitive pricing.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

• 6 months later...

Can't agree more.  I like the format finding on FAT and will try it soon, thanks.  By the way (and forgive me for getting off topic), what SSD brands sound best or better than average?

On 9/27/2017 at 6:33 AM, wushuliu said:

Forgot to mention make sure to use Deoxit to clean sata contacts before using. All contacts actually in your chain. Another little bump in sq for very little money. Tested last night with SATA and it definitely helped. Easy to forget little things like that.

Thanks for the great tips.  FAT doesn't work for me, so I'll stay with NTFS.  Other than that, Deoxit is awesome: I pulled an old bottle from closet, applied some on my SATA, and later on had a listen.  I liked what I heard.  

Updates:  using exFAT on WS2016 Core Server as music ssd has caused lots of errors while ripping cds onto the disk.  On a whim, I tried ReFS format, ripped several cds, and had a listen.  I like both ripping performance and the SQ: music seems to flow more easily with further less digital glare.  Will keep an eye on the new format but for now this is my go-to format.

• 3 months later...

Your patient waiting will be well rewarded with sweeter, less digital glare, fuller body music.  The magnitude will depend on what the cable is replacing and amount of burn-in, let alone what downstream.

Happy listening!

I'd give it some more time and patience.  I guess due to holidays, AudioPhil's hospitalization, and mail system situation in Reunion Island where Pachanko Studio is located, it'll take longer than usual.  I'm sure they'll respond, sooner or later.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After having a PPA server with PPA Black Reference SATA and most of PPA goodies (memory, clock, SSD, Ethernet switch and cables, etc.), I decided to add another server to make a dualPC setup.  That’s when I had opportunity to try a Pachanko SATA Refetence and keep it as alternative to PPA.

A couple years passed, I was offered to upgrade to the Pure but I refused, thinking the Reference was good enough.  And I’m right.

Another year passed, little by little my setup evolved to be more musical, more resolving.  As a habit I frequently go back to similar cables and re-evaluate their merits.  Tonight I’m doing just that, comparing the PPA Black Reference SATA to my workhorse Pachanko Reference SATA, hoping the PPA can serve as good alternative to the Pachanko.

What happened surprised me to say the least.  With the PPA on OS disk, sound seems holographic at first (wide, deep) then becomes ambiguous less solid.  To be sure, I swapped the Pachanko in.  Voila, music is back:  bass is more in both quality and quality, tangibility of vocals, no less depth or width.  This isn’t something I expected.  I’m asking myself, “If the Pachanko Reference SATA sounds this good, how much better do the Pure and Aphelion can be?”

I hope to find out sooner or later.