IGNORED

High-pitched noise from B&W Zeppelin mini power supply.

My daughter has a Zeppelin mini (essentially an iPod dock) that is powered by an external brick switching power supply. I just walked into her bedroom and heard a high-pitched whine. The Zeppelin is turned off but the power supply is on. Since this is in her bedroom, it worries me this could be problematic for her (I put it on a surge protector with a switch, but she doesn't remember to switch it off), and also we have two birds in the room. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem (apart from simply powering off the thing, or putting it on a timer?) Is it a hazard to her and/or the birds (cockatiels), or just annoying?

I tend to be very sensitive to high-pitched whiny noises, despite having everyone point out I have crappy audiophile hearing.

Likely it is simply annoying, but I can certainly understand your annoyance. I would be too. For awhile i was starting to think I had a tinnitus, but is was my iMac. I do not know the power requirements, but you might try a linear wall wart. you know, theose older heavy ones that have a transformer instead of a kilohertz switching supply. I've seen 12v 2A ones as I recall, but I am sure you could find what you need. I am sure she would appreciate it too!

My daughter has a Zeppelin mini (essentially an iPod dock) that is powered by an external brick switching power supply. I just walked into her bedroom and heard a high-pitched whine. The Zeppelin is turned off but the power supply is on. Since this is in her bedroom, it worries me this could be problematic for her (I put it on a surge protector with a switch, but she doesn't remember to switch it off), and also we have two birds in the room. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem (apart from simply powering off the thing, or putting it on a timer?) Is it a hazard to her and/or the birds (cockatiels), or just annoying?

I tend to be very sensitive to high-pitched whiny noises, despite having everyone point out I have crappy audiophile hearing.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz