IGNORED

Happy New Year

Jud

I think I will just spend some quiet time at home with a few friends, like last year -

NY.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hey Jud,

Right back at you... it has just turned New Years Eve here in Sydney.

I've been active the last few months making purchases, Uptone Regen for my computer and Auralic Mini for my multi room system. Both very economical upgrades that reflect the incredible advances in "sound per pound" (as in GBP) that have been made in the last few years in digital audio. I also picked up a 5 year old Parasound Halo A21 power amp on eBay for only $US200.... when combined with the Auralic Mini it represents awesome value for a high quality front end.

I've really enjoyed watching (listening) to digital develop and it reminds me of the early 80s when Linn and Naim made incredible advances in analogue sound, producing wonderful front ends together.

The future looks bright with inexpensive and simple products like the Mini. Controlled via an iPhone or iPad it combines a decent internal DAC with features such as streaming and sourcing files from either a local HD or NAS. These user friendly types of products are going to continue and make our hobby so much more accessible to the kids, which is obviously where the future lies.

Also the advances that software developers such as Miska, Damian and PeterSt have made in improving the sound from our computers so that Redbook, which is the format for 90% of all music, now sounds half decent.

High quality sound is only going to get more affordable, and more convenient, and that means more people will be able to enjoy what we take for granted. It's going to be a great 2016 - all the best to you and the other members here at CA.

Ajax

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

Happy New Year to everyone :) Here's to a great 2016!

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - MacMini running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi wireless > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > iFi Audio xDSD + iFi Audio xCAN > Focal Elegia

Home Theater - Mac Mini running Roon Server > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Pioneer Elite SC-81 > MartinLogan Motion series home theater speakers + M&K subwoofer

Best wishes to all for peace, friendship and good health in the New Year. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

Happy new year to all!

Late 2012 Mac Mini (10.13.6 on SD card; 16gb RAM) > Audirvana+3 > Heimdall 2 USB > JSGT/LPS-1/ISORegen > iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Best wishes to all. Hope we have a better 2016 than 2015.

I am starting off with an Imperial Storm Trooper Ride.

DSC00949.jpg

"These are not the Droids you are looking for!!!"

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law