IGNORED

A Sort Of Christmas Season Story - Just When You Think You Have Your System Finished.......A Sudden Visit To The Bank, and A 10 Hour Road Trip

Correct, I have the integrated amp. I have to admit that I was not actually unhappy with the MD208, I simply became enamored with the look and sound of the tubes. The Prima Luna also helps to heat the listening room [emoji6]

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.

Correct, I have the integrated amp. I have to admit that I was not actually unhappy with the MD208, I simply became enamored with the look and sound of the tubes. The Prima Luna also helps to heat the listening room [emoji6]

That's a superb integrated, and one of the finest values in all of audio. Now that you have heard the sound of tubes in a quality implementation there is no going back. Are you using the stock tubes?

JC

I am using KT120s, the dealer put them in before I purchased it. I believe they had been using it for a demo for a month or so before I bought it. These sound very nice. I may get curious and explore the idea of different tubes but I think I am going to upgrade my Maggies to 1.7i before I start tweeking the amp. There is a local dealer here in Minneapolis who will set up 12QRs and 1.7is for a listening comparison.

As it relates to this thread, the spending money that is enabling my holiday splurge comes from some unexpected fees I will earn as an expert witness in a land dispute that I first became involved with in 2006 and has festered through a number property owners. At that time I was a "dreaded public bureaucrat" that took a phone call from an concerned property owner who owned a very expensive home on Lake Minnetonka; the written opinion that I gave at that time has remained of record, hence pulling me back into the fray. The case is going to trial in in 3 weeks and I can't really say more about it until after it is settled. . It's a gift to me to be able to get my opinion heard and hopefully set some things straight.

That I ask questions? I am more concerned about being stupid than looking like I might be.