IGNORED

Schiit Wyrd Upgrade to Raspberry Pi Player

TrivQuad

After installing a Schiit Wyred between my office desktop and Wadia PowerDAC mini, I began to ponder using one in place of the USB charger that powers my Raspberry Pi Picore Player. The Picore Player streams radio and Pandora from the Squeezebox Server and my networked Vortexbox server. The Wyrd worked wonders on my desktop system.

Has anyone used a Wyrd as an outboard power supply?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

• 3 weeks later...
After installing a Schiit Wyred between my office desktop and Wadia PowerDAC mini, I began to ponder using one in place of the USB charger that powers my Raspberry Pi Picore Player. The Picore Player streams radio and Pandora from the Squeezebox Server and my networked Vortexbox server. The Wyrd worked wonders on my desktop system.

Has anyone used a Wyrd as an outboard power supply?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to all.

Good question! I also have a Wyrd and am looking into possibly a Pi setup to replace a MacMini running Audirvana+.

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)