IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

Buy you a better usb dac and save your money for a vodoo reclocker. [emoji6]

need neither of that i just need a good optical output that"s why i asked for the quality of the sonicorbiter digital out ..

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

another question if i run Roon in my Max mini and rely the Sonicorbiter to the mac with an Ethernet cable is room will see it ? will i get any sound ? i don"t understand the difference between streamer / server . spdif converter ... ( and i'm not very proud of it)

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

another question if i run Roon in my Max mini and rely the Sonicorbiter to the mac with an Ethernet cable is room will see it ?

Yes, if you configure the SonicOrbiter as a "RoonReady output" (or Roon endpoint, or whatever you want to call it) and it's on the same local-area network as your Roon Core installation, then Roon will see it.

—David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

another question if i run Roon in my Max mini and rely the Sonicorbiter to the mac with an Ethernet cable is room will see it ? will i get any sound ? i don"t understand the difference between streamer / server . spdif converter ... ( and i'm not very proud of it)

The Sonicorbiter SE is designed to work in combination with your home network. You have to connect it to your router. Roon runs on your computer and it can be located anywhere in your home. The Sonicorbiter SE resides in your audio room connected to your audio system. Roon streams to the Sonicorbiter SE. The Sonicorbiter SE has optical output that can connect to your DAC.

Jesus R

MSB Analog. Ideally the renderer module would have NAA, as that input spanks USB. 2nd best would be AES/EBU as it still beats USB. There is no BNC, and RCA with BNC adapter is not ideal.

Cheers

They can make the RCA into BNC for you easy enough.

Jesus R

Jesus, Michal over at mytek suggested I ask you whether you know whether your device supports native DSD for the Brooklyn yet.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Jesus, Michal over at mytek suggested I ask you whether you know whether your device supports native DSD for the Brooklyn yet.

Robert

I would use DoP with the Brooklyn DAC. We have a report of a loud thump that can cause damage to equipment with the Brooklyn DAC and the native DSD Linux driver. It's strange because it only happens on that device.

Jesus R

I'm looking at it first from a functionality point of view because the power supply can be used practically anywhere. Clean power to the unit is important as well and I wanted to offer a power supply that was a great value. I'm very pleased with it in my system and I hope people will give it a try.

Jesus R

+1 from me as well. I think the iPower is tremendous value and I use it to power a PPA v2 card.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I get the loud thump on an IFI Micro idsd as well with the Linux drivers... Not as bad with my Auralic Vega, but still there. Seems to be very common. The problem with using DoP is that it limits the mytek to DSD 128. One of my main reasons for getting the device was to run DSD256 from hqplayer. Thus it makes the DAC relatively useless for me. As it stands right now it appears the only way it will do DSD256 is directly from Windows.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

I get the loud thump on an IFI Micro idsd as well with the Linux drivers... Not as bad with my Auralic Vega, but still there. Seems to be very common. The problem with using DoP is that it limits the mytek to DSD 128. One of my main reasons for getting the device was to run DSD256 from hqplayer. Thus it makes the DAC relatively useless for me. As it stands right now it appears the only way it will do DSD256 is directly from Windows.

Robert

I have an iFi here. Under what condition do you here a thump with native DSD? I want to reproduce it and I need to know what output mode, what player is streaming, and during what kind of transition do you hear the thump?

Jesus R

For those getting thumps, another workaround until the various problems are solved is Audiophile Inventory, which offers settings for DSD conversion that results in "clickless" and "thumpless" files.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

For those getting thumps, another workaround until the various problems are solved is Audiophile Inventory, which offers settings for DSD conversion that results in "clickless" and "thumpless" files.

I have a feeling these guys are hard core and they will not do that anymore than just using DoP:)

Jesus R

I have a feeling these guys are hard core and they will not do that anymore than just using DoP:)

Jesus R

You can convert to DSD256, so it would be a way of *not* having to use DoP. The conversion is very high quality. However, it is offline, so that might present other difficulties.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

You can convert to DSD256, so it would be a way of *not* having to use DoP. The conversion is very high quality. However, it is offline, so that might present other difficulties.

I'm sure if he was playing native files or up sampling.

Jesus R

Just to be clear, I'm a HQplayer user. I have both a Orbiter upgraded to 2.1 and I also have a plain 4x4 Cubox-i which I used with Jussi's NAA image for the Cubox. While I have a bunch of native DSD256 material I upsample in HQplayer to DSD256 using Roon as a front end. The Roon database resides on a mac. HQplayer doing the processing is either on a Mac Pro or a Multi-core windows machine. This then goes to the orbiter/cubox-i which is attached to a variety of different Dacs including a Auralic Vega, IFI Micro iDSD, IFI DAC2, Brooklyn, etc.).

I'm only getting a click from the IFI right now...but I've heard loud stuff in the past...but that might of been with my cubox-i with Jussi's build...don't have time to test all the alternatives to reproduce now.

What I can say is that my brooklyn doesn't work at all with native DSD with the orbiter on my system. SDM doesn't show up as an option in hqplayer when i don't use DoP. This is true with HQplayer on both windows and the mac. I also have a audiolinux build, but I haven't tested that with the brooklin yet to see if I can get a non-DoP connection when the brooklyn is connected directly.

Incidentally, it doesn't matter if I'm upsampling on sending in a native DSD256 file. SDM doesn't show up as a distribution option in HQplayer if I don't have DoP checked. As far as I can tell the brooklyn is incompatible with the native linux drivers...at least the ones on the orbiter. I'm using firmware 1.45 on the brooklyn. I'm going to file up a audiolinux build later to see if I can connect directly to the brooklyn without the orbiter.

Robert

Just to be clear, I'm a HQplayer user. I have both a Orbiter upgraded to 2.1 and I also have a plain 4x4 Cubox-i which I used with Jussi's NAA image for the Cubox. While I have a bunch of native DSD256 material I upsample in HQplayer to DSD256 using Roon as a front end. The Roon database resides on a mac. HQplayer doing the processing is either on a Mac Pro or a Multi-core windows machine. This then goes to the orbiter/cubox-i which is attached to a variety of different Dacs including a Auralic Vega, IFI Micro iDSD, IFI DAC2, Brooklyn, etc.).

I'm only getting a click from the IFI right now...but I've heard loud stuff in the past...but that might of been with my cubox-i with Jussi's build...don't have time to test all the alternatives to reproduce now.

What I can say is that my brooklyn doesn't work at all with native DSD with the orbiter on my system. SDM doesn't show up as an option in hqplayer when i don't use DoP. This is true with HQplayer on both windows and the mac. I also have a audiolinux build, but I haven't tested that with the brooklin yet to see if I can get a non-DoP connection when the brooklyn is connected directly.

Okay.

Jesus R