IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

But surely you are offering to distribute the operating system according to the requirements by which it is, itself licensed: https://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2008/compliance-guide.html

I'm assuming it would be source code changes that would be available, unless this comes under an exception, is governed by the LGPL,, etc.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm assuming it would be source code changes that would be available, unless this comes under an exception, is governed by the LGPL,, etc.

Typically the "operating system" if based on Linux is GPL. A "distribution" may contain proprietary binaries such as networkaudiod/NAA. But perhaps "OS" doesn't mean what I usually think it means.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

The question is about the 'integration' or use of streaming services with the Sonicorbiter SE...other than Tidal. I am interested if this device would have the capability to stream from Classics Online HD (COLHD)(ClassicsOnline HD ) ...but not through my phone...much more like Tidal or a Spotify connect scenario. COLHD had a desktop app, web player, Android...I do not have have Apple devices...but I do not see a way to stream COLHD directly thru the SE...like I could with Tidal or Spotify. If this is a possibility, how would the setup have to look so that it would work? Feature already there, already existing 'module' to download, or?

I took a quick look and there is not much information on their website. I can see how it will work with Apple products, but I'm not sure how to integrate it with Windows or Andriod.

Jesus R

Our approach with the open source components is to work with the developers of the various applications that we use. By working with them we assure that any changes needed are rolled over into the code and made available to anyone including our competition. We have been doing this for some time now and we have good relationships with the developers. Even though I participate in this process (time and money) I take no ownership in any of it. In those unique cases where we make changes to code the changes are also available to everyone. For example, we recently patched the kernel to add native DSD support to a few new devices. I worked on those changes and all the information was freely shared with the developer and is available to everyone.

Jesus R

Some updates:

If you are using RoonReady please update your SonicOrbiter SE from /Apps/Software Manager by pressing Update. When the update is complete a link (Back to main menu) will appear at the bottom of the GUI. From the /System tab select Reboot. This update will allow Roon to send DSD256 via DoP and native DSD if your DAC supports it to your device. Currently the only DACs that support native DSD on the unit are: iFi, DIYINHK, Marantz / Denon, and Matrix.

Jesus R

Jesus - i have a question on the DSD256 playback on Roon. If i am reading your post correctly i should be able to select DSD256 in Roon for my DAC (NuPrime DAC10-H) via DoP. I updated my Sonic Orbiter and am now on version 2.1, Enable DSD-over-PCM is checked. I am also running the latest Roon build. When i go to the settings in Roon i do not see an option to select DSD256, just the 128. Roon also reports the version as 1.0.6, if that matters. Any suggestions or am i missing something?

Jesus - i have a question on the DSD256 playback on Roon. If i am reading your post correctly i should be able to select DSD256 in Roon for my DAC (NuPrime DAC10-H) via DoP. I updated my Sonic Orbiter and am now on version 2.1, Enable DSD-over-PCM is checked. I am also running the latest Roon build. When i go to the settings in Roon i do not see an option to select DSD256, just the 128. Roon also reports the version as 1.0.6, if that matters. Any suggestions or am i missing something?

Your device supports native DSD256 via ASIO at that rate. Your device supports DoP up to DSD128. You want to select the check box for DoP.

Also, go to /apps in the GUI and select DAC Diagnostics and email me all the information on that page about your DAC. My email is [email protected]

Jesus R

My Sonicorbiter se will not connect through the S/PDIF Optical to play music to my Schiit Bifrost non usb dac. However it will connect to my Pioneer receivers built in dac. The optical in on my Bitfrost works with my Squeeze Box Touch so its not the dac. Any thoughts. thank you

Nick

My Sonicorbiter se will not connect through the S/PDIF Optical to play music to my Schiit Bifrost non usb dac. However it will connect to my Pioneer receivers built in dac. The optical in on my Bitfrost works with my Squeeze Box Touch so its not the dac. Any thoughts. thank you

Nick

What sample rates are you trying to play and with which output mode?

Jesus R

Anyone actually using one of these with the wireless bridge or power line adapter mentioned in post 23? What works best? I'd love to get one of these but my router is a couple of rooms away from my listening area.

A while ago I did a lot of wasted experimentation with different PLAs to connect a Synology NAS via my main router (Ubiquiti EdgeRouter PoE-5) to a SOtM sMS-100, which runs an version 1.3 of the Sonore software. At least in my noisy powerline environment (downtown Palo Alto, California), I was never able to get reliable 96/24 rendering. I was not able to get a reliable WiFi bridge with Apple's Airport Express either. I moved soon after to a new home and I just bit the bullet and had everything wired with CAT-6.

Some Updates:

The Sonicorbiter's operating system has been updated to improve things with respect to the unit's optical output. Upgrade the unit from the GUI and wait for a "Back to Main Menu" link to appear at the bottom of the status section. After the "Back to Main Menu" link appears complete the update by rebooting the unit.

Jesus R

Some Updates:

The Sonicorbiter's operating system has been updated to improve things with respect to the unit's optical output. Upgrade the unit from the GUI and wait for a "Back to Main Menu" link to appear at the bottom of the status section. After the "Back to Main Menu" link appears complete the update by rebooting the unit.

Jesus R

Says Complete but should it still be 2.1 ?

rogerdn

what is the Jitter mesure of the optical out ? does it need a reclocker like the remedy to get the best of it ?

I don't have any measurements to share with you. The decision to add things to the unit to improve it is a personal one. If you're looking to add a reclocker....I would just assume add a high end USB to digital converter or put the money toward a better DAC with USB input.

Jesus R