IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

It works beautifully with DLNA/MPD mode and a controller like Lumin or bubbleupnp, on an iPad or Android tablet.

Sorry for the dumb question but I thought the Lumin app only works with Lumin devices? How are you able to use it as a control point in this case with the Sonicorbiter?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

It works with it. It just uses DNLA/UPNP.

Jesus R

I am pretty sure the Lumin app is only seen by OpenHome renderers, Buubleserver is required (and a copy of SOSE made for OH).

I am pretty sure the Lumin app is only seen by OpenHome renderers, Buubleserver is required (and a copy of SOSE made for OH).

Makes sense why the app won't see jplaystreamer as my renderer.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Yes, you need an OpenHome renderer but not Bubbleserver in all cases. Upmpdcli supports OpenHome on Linux without the need for Bubbleserver. I believe, and Jesus can confirm, that SonicOrbiter, and many other renderers/streamers, use Upmpdcli. I built my own here with Archlinux, Minimserver/Minimstreamer, MPD and Upmpdlci controlled by the Lumin app. It is just terrific with great SQ and fast, reliable operational control. I got a head start by purchasing an Arch Linux distribution called Audiolinux from one the CA members here.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Not really, cuz jplaystreamer is an OpenHome renderer.

Oh...then I am stumped why Lumin app won't see jplaystreamer renderer though it sees Minimserver on my network. BubbleUPnP app sees both.

Other components:

Yes, you need an OpenHome renderer but not Bubbleserver in all cases. Upmpdcli supports OpenHome on Linux without the need for Bubbleserver. I believe, and Jesus can confirm, that SonicOrbiter, and many other renderers/streamers, use Upmpdcli. I built my own here with Archlinux, Minimserver/Minimstreamer, MPD and Upmpdlci controlled by the Lumin app. It is just terrific with great SQ and fast, reliable operational control.

I wasn't trying to be all-encompassing, just reacting to the Lumin question about SonicOrbiter. Jesus, in his own words, on his own tutorial in the DLNA mode thread (he made threads of each mode here) says specifically that Bubbleserver is needed for many OH control points (he uses Linn Kazoo as an example). Are you saying he needs to amend that, to include other solutions?

Lumin sees the unit in DLNA/MPD mode because it is OpenHome enabled in that mode. We have BubbleUPNP Server on the unit so it's easy enough to make any renderer an OpenHome Renderer. Also, you need BubbleUPNP Server for the unit to work with Linn Kazoo.

Jesus R

I wasn't trying to be all-encompassing, just reacting to the Lumin question about SonicOrbiter. Jesus, in his own words, on his own tutorial in the DLNA mode thread (he made threads of each mode here) says specifically that Bubbleserver is needed for many OH control points (he uses Linn Kazoo as an example). Are you saying he needs to amend that, to include other solutions?

No, I wouldn't be bold enough to tell Jesus R what to do. I'm just relaying my experience. Clearly Bubbleupnpserver is the most general solution.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Yes, you need an OpenHome renderer but not Bubbleserver in all cases. Upmpdcli supports OpenHome on Linux without the need for Bubbleserver. I believe, and Jesus can confirm, that SonicOrbiter, and many other renderers/streamers, use Upmpdcli. I built my own here with Archlinux, Minimserver/Minimstreamer, MPD and Upmpdlci controlled by the Lumin app. It is just terrific with great SQ and fast, reliable operational control. I got a head start by purchasing an Arch Linux distribution called Audiolinux from one the CA members here.

Correct, you need an OpenHome renderer but not BubbleUPNP server in all cases. Upmpdcli supports OpenHome with the Lumin. However, it does not work with Kazoo so this is what I say use BubbleUPNP Server.

Jesus R

Some updates:

We have been working on adding native DSD support to new devices. When testing is complete we will update the unit's firmware so you can enable support for these devices.

1. W4S - code added and pending tests. This may require a firmware update to the W4S DAC and it may not work on all DACs. More information to follow when testing is concluded.

2. Auralic Vega - code added and pending tests this week.

3. Oppo HA-1 - tested and confirmed to work.

4. Oppo HA-2 - code needs to be added.

5. PS Audio NuWave DAC DSD - tested and confirmed to work.

Jesus R

This thread is intended to be a supplement to the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE user manual. The manual contains quick start information that can be viewed here: SONORE Sonicorbiter SE - User Manual

The Sonore Sonicorbiter SE supports native DSD into certain DACs. If your DAC is not listed below you can continue to play DSD via DoP streaming. DoP encapsulates DSD into a format without data loss that can be streamed to your DAC.

We may be able to add your DAC to the list of devices that support native DSD, but we will need some information for you. Shortly, we will be adding a feature named DAC Diagnostics that will display the information we need. Fair warning: Not all DACs will support native DSD, some DACs may require a firmware update from the manufacturer, and it can takes time to make your DAC available on the system for native DSD.

List of DACs that support native DSD on the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE:

Marantz SA-14S1, HD-DAC1

Denon DA300-USB

Matrix X-Sabre, Mini-i Pro

Aune X1S

Custard DAC-X20U

DIYINHK - up to DSD

iFi Micro and Nano - up to DSD512

PS Audio NuWave - up to DSD256

Oppo HA-1 - up to DSD256

Oppo HA-2 - code needs to be added

W4S - code added and pending tests

Auralic Vega - code added and pending tests

List of DACs that do not support native DSD on the Sonore Sonicorbiter SE:

Are Acoustics - will not be supported per Gordon R.

Wavelength Audio - will not be supported per Gordon R.

Contact me if you want your DAC supported: [email protected]

Hi, Is the Cubox that this is based on the 512MB of RAM model, or the 1GB model? Thanks....

Sonicorbiter SE - Is the ethernet port a fast ethernet (100Mb) or gigabit (1Gb) port?

I have not been able to find this anywhere on the Sonore web site, the online manual, or this thread. Why the question? I am looking at the purchase of a Sonicorbiter SE as well as changing my home LAN to fiber....which means I need the right kind of SFP or switch to work with the port the SE has. Yup, could do a media converter that just autonegotiates the 100/1000 but would prefer to just stay with a gigabit fiber switch I am eyeing that only does 1Gb SFPs.

Sonicorbiter SE - Is the ethernet port a fast ethernet (100Mb) or gigabit (1Gb) port?

I have not been able to find this anywhere on the Sonore web site, the online manual, or this thread. Why the question? I am looking at the purchase of a Sonicorbiter SE as well as changing my home LAN to fiber....which means I need the right kind of SFP or switch to work with the port the SE has. Yup, could do a media converter that just autonegotiates the 100/1000 but would prefer to just stay with a gigabit fiber switch I am eyeing that only does 1Gb SFPs.

Attached is a link to their SPEC page. They are all gigabit NICs. I would also like to know which of these the SonicOrbiter is based on. It might be asserted that some of these features may not make a difference. (And I don't want to criticize Sonore at all), I think that we've seen other issues in other manufacturers digital file players/renderers that have less RAM, slower processors, etc.

https://www.solid-run.com/freescale-imx6-family/cubox-i/cubox-i-specifications/

Thanks, Albrecht, for your reply and the link. I did not realize the Sonicorbiter SE was based upon the Cubox.

I did another search through the CA forums and realized I had missed Post #10 of another thread (http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-sonicorbiter-se-ethernet-universal-serial-bus-industry-standard-cables-connectors-and-communications-protocols-between-computers-and-electronic-devices-and-optical-output-27028/ ) in the CA when I did my first searches:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by absoluteBeginner viewpost-right.png

Hello,

Another question: is your device a cubox-i computer? If so, did you improve the hardware?

It is and we do not modify their hardware.

Jesus R