IGNORED

Sonore Sonicorbiter SE - discontinued

My SonicOrbiter SE has lost the network connection. I have unplugged and replugged multiple times but Mysonicorbiter doesn't see it on the network and an IP scan of the network does not show it either. There are no lights on the Ethernet connector on either the SE or on my switch. I tried multiple known good ports on the switch to see if I had a bad port but nothing worked. Any other ideas besides returning it?

Karl

My SonicOrbiter SE has lost the network connection. I have unplugged and replugged multiple times but Mysonicorbiter doesn't see it on the network and an IP scan of the network does not show it either. There are no lights on the Ethernet connector on either the SE or on my switch. I tried multiple known good ports on the switch to see if I had a bad port but nothing worked. Any other ideas besides returning it?

I guess it's possible the SOSE's power supply is bad. Do you have another PS (with the right specs) you can try?

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Karl

Hi Karl,

Is there a red light lit on the front of the SOSE?

WynnHiFi

NUC >  M5 > May KTE > Bliss KTE > Headphone of the day

Yes and the DAC is seeing the SE on the USB input. It appears to be an Ethernet issue.

Too obvious, but have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Digital Source: Synology DS415+ NAS  and Small Green Computer SonicTransporter i5 Running Roon Core > Blue Jean Cable Cat6a >TP optical converter > Sonore OpticalRendu with Sonore LPS> Curious USB > Denafrips Pontus DAC

Analog Source: Dynavector XX2 mk2> Audiomods Series 5 silver arm > Sota Nova Series VI turntable w/Condor & Roadrunner motor controller/tachometer > Nagra BPS battery powered phono stage>

Both: BAT VK51SE preamp> Krell FPB300 power amp > Sound Lab A3 ESLs > > Custom room treatment > 50 yr. old ears(left-handed)

Too obvious, but have you tried a different ethernet cable?

Yes, I have tried it in two completely different systems with all cables (except the PS) being different. I also was able to hook it up to a monitor via the HDMI port and captured the following picture from the power up process. I'm not a Linux guru but this doesn't look cable related to me.

Karl

IMG_0398 (1).JPG

I also was able to hook it up to a monitor via the HDMI port and captured the following picture from the power up process.

Yuck, looks like the kernel is totally hosed. Before getting my SOSE, I had the same hardware with Volumio, and I had a case of corruption of the microSD card on improper (power outage) shutdown where I had to reformat the microSD card and copy the Volumio image onto it. So, I wonder if the Sonicorbiter image on the SOSE's microSD might be corrupted.

Yes, I have tried it in two completely different systems with all cables (except the PS) being different. I also was able to hook it up to a monitor via the HDMI port and captured the following picture from the power up process. I'm not a Linux guru but this doesn't look cable related to me.

I sent you an email.

Yuck, looks like the kernel is totally hosed. Before getting my SOSE, I had the same hardware with Volumio, and I had a case of corruption of the microSD card on improper (power outage) shutdown where I had to reformat the microSD card and copy the Volumio image onto it. So, I wonder if the Sonicorbiter image on the SOSE's microSD might be corrupted.

That is entirely possible. I have this powered off a power conditioner but not a UPS. There were some big storms here last week while I was away, and we may have lost power during that time.

Hi, I just received the sonicorbiter and love it but was just trying out shairport and having some trouble. It shows up as an airplay option and can select the sonicorbiter on my phone but I hear no sound through my speakers. Any advice?

Go to Settings/Shairport and select either USB or optical output as needed and press Save. Then go to Apps/App Switcher and select the output mode.

I have those set up correctly (have a dac connected via usb and changed the mode). On my phone, I can select the sonicorbiter as an airplay device and the music plays, but still no sound coming from my speakers. Once I change the output mode, do I need to reboot? Is there a certain sequence of turning things on and off?

I have those set up correctly (have a dac connected via usb and changed the mode). On my phone, I can select the sonicorbiter as an airplay device and the music plays, but still no sound coming from my speakers. Once I change the output mode, do I need to reboot? Is there a certain sequence of turning things on and off?

I just tried it here and it's working for me. Try putting the phone in Airplane mode and then connected to your WiFi signal.

Hi, I have known the existence of these fantastic products Sonore. Using a Synology NAS (with fairly good synology app on smartphones and tablets) set to USB output with high quality sound (get to 24/96, perhaps 24/192) with a DAC HRT microstreeamer, amp Monoblock Bantam Audio and Monitor Audio speakers.

Now I have to move the NAS to another room so I decided to connect a Sonore Sonicorbiter SE or an microRendu. I am torn between the two, whereas I was already pretty happy Synology + HRT microstreamer configuration, the sound is very good.

1) Maybe for me it's quite a Sonicorbiter SE that surely does not worsen the situation?

2) With Sonicorbiter I can still use the app Synology to control the music (although it is clear that Roon or other are very interesting)?

Hi, I have known the existence of these fantastic products Sonore. Using a Synology NAS (with fairly good synology app on smartphones and tablets) set to USB output with high quality sound (get to 24/96, perhaps 24/192) with a DAC HRT microstreeamer, amp Monoblock Bantam Audio and Monitor Audio speakers.

Now I have to move the NAS to another room so I decided to connect a Sonore Sonicorbiter SE or an microRendu. I am torn between the two, whereas I was already pretty happy Synology + HRT microstreamer configuration, the sound is very good.

1) Maybe for me it's quite a Sonicorbiter SE that surely does not worsen the situation?

2) With Sonicorbiter I can still use the app Synology to control the music (although it is clear that Roon or other are very interesting)?

1. You should be fine.

2. I'm not sure what you are doing so it's hard to confirm.

Update:

The Sonicorbiter SE now has the option to install MinimServer via the Software Manager.

Please follow this upgrade procedure:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

So there's no hidden agenda in this question, but since the SOSE has two USB ports, I was wondering if hooking up two different DACs would cause any issues. I'm finally getting around to bringing my iFi iDSD nano home from the office so I can compare it with the Mytek (both via the SOSE in HQP NAA mode). Once I get the two DACs connected properly, I should be able to switch back and forth pretty easily from within HQPlayer, correct? Or will I need to reboot the SOSE each time I switch between DACs?

(If no one knows the answer, I'll just go the trial-and-error route.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

So there's no hidden agenda in this question, but since the SOSE has two USB ports, I was wondering if hooking up two different DACs would cause any issues. I'm finally getting around to bringing my iFi iDSD nano home from the office so I can compare it with the Mytek (both via the SOSE in HQP NAA mode). Once I get the two DACs connected properly, I should be able to switch back and forth pretty easily from within HQPlayer, correct? Or will I need to reboot the SOSE each time I switch between DACs?

(If no one knows the answer, I'll just go the trial-and-error route.)

--David

You probably cannot have two NAA processes running at the same time, one for each DAC. You will probably have to switch the NAA software running on the SOSE between the two DACs using the SOSE web page.

After switching DACs (which should restart the NAA) I'm not sure whether you have to do anything on the HQP side or not.

John S.