IGNORED

Next best DAC above ifi NANO

After the iFi Nano I bought myself a Chord Mojo.

It is so good and powerful that it replaced my Geek Pulse Sfi (it has femto clocks) which I need to find a home for in my home.

It will save you an intermediate step along the upgrade path and may even allow you to skip a subsequent one, too.

+1

i used to have the nano myself but when Iborrowed the micro to have alisten I was doomed to buy It..

Thie nano isn't bad at all and it is a very competitive dac up to 400eur that blows away at least the same pirced dacs I've heard.

The micro is one of the best 600eur dacs with performance close to the 1000ones. Actually I prefer It than some more expensive ones. As a dac It sounds better defined with much better separation of the instruments within the stereo image which is more focused detailed and wide. Also It is more dynamic and more airy and at least as melodic.

As a headphone amp It is stellarly better than the nano's. Actually It could very well justify It's price as a headphone amp-preamp-only, consider the very good dac a bonus if you are a headfier.

The much more expensive hugo is airier and more detailed and with better bass weight over speakers, But through headphnes I didnt like It at all It sounded thin and overall the difference between It and the Micro though clearly audible is not night and day. Personally Iprefer the Micro which sacrifices a little resolution and treble bass extension for better midrange body and timbre.

Please note this is my personal opinion.

I hope I got you covered.

Thanks Totsipaki and DomieMic65 for your input - I see an iFI micro iDSD in my future...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!