IGNORED

Audirvana Plus crashed and won't run

jayboard

I've used A+ for several years. I just installed A+ on a Mac Mini 2.4 Core 2 Duo that I just purchased. The OS is El Capitan. For the first time, I was trying to see if I could set A+'s library folder to a folder on an external hard drive attached to another Mac, an iMac, on my ethernet LAN, rather than to a folder on a local drive. A+ crashed when I tried to do this, so I guess the answer is no. But as my first question, I'd like to ask for confirmation that this is not possible.

My immediate issue is that following this event, I cannot get A+ to run. When A+ crashed, I got a "Problem Report for Audirvana Plus" window telling me that 'Audirvana Plus quit unexpectedly' and giving me the options of sending a report to Apple or reopening the application. Choosing Reopen immediately loops me back to the same Problem Report window. If I launch A+ again, the same Problem Report immediately appears right after I complete the process of loading my license file.

I have uninstalled A+ using AppCleaner and reinstalled a fresh copy, but launching A+ after the fresh reinstall produces exactly the same result. I have used Disk First Aid and shut down and started the Mac back up, including clearing the PRAM, before reinstalling and launching A+, but that has made no difference.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jayboard

Perhaps try removing the library files at /Users/<your-user-name>/Library/Application Support and then restart the application.

There are also cache files at /Users/<your-user-name>/Library/Caches/com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus. So as a second (less hopeful) guess, you might try eliminating those as well.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

A big thanks, flattop. AppCleaner didn't get the A+ folder in Application Support (I wonder why--that would seem like a primary target), and after I deleted those files, A+ ran normally again.

As far as designating a folder on a drive attached to another computer as A+'s library, I tried again and this time had no problem. The only complication appears to be that A+ requires manual syncing for this arrangement, which for me is a minor inconvenience. So, whatever happened the first time through must have been an aberration.

Jayson

• 5 months later...
A big thanks, flattop. AppCleaner didn't get the A+ folder in Application Support (I wonder why--that would seem like a primary target), and after I deleted those files, A+ ran normally again.

As far as designating a folder on a drive attached to another computer as A+'s library, I tried again and this time had no problem. The only complication appears to be that A+ requires manual syncing for this arrangement, which for me is a minor inconvenience. So, whatever happened the first time through must have been an aberration.

Jayson

Hello All,

I seem to be experiencing the same issue where Audirvana is crashing when launching on my Mac-Mini using El Capitan OS. I looked for the files mentioned above but not finding them - I don't see anything Audirvana related withing the Library folder as mentioned.

Any other ideas/thoughts as to where they may reside? I am using the latest Audirvana 2.5.2 build....

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Vin.

UPDATE: Never mind - I was able to get to the folder using the 'Go To Folder...' option - deleted all the files including the library file which was over 1GB in size (yes I have a lot!!!) and now re-syncing again - I guess something got corrupt - hope it doesn't keep happening on me though as it would be a real pain and not worth continuing to use otherwise...

Then, when all was synced and and played well, stop A+

and copy that folder "Audirvana" in Applications Support in the Library of your Home Folder....

Make those 3 files as a backup for today!!!... i compress that folder and name it with the date in the title :-)

When you put something new again in your music folder and your tagging is done, close A+... Copy again that folder for Today... and trash the first one. like that you'll always have a backup of your A+ library to the last day when a bug occur and you lost all that precious and tedious work :-)

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Thanks and great suggestion - although I moved over to the Mac platform (from PC running JRiver 21) to have something more robust which does not seem to be the case before I have even been able to play one single song?!?! lol

BTW, has anyone added album artwork to SACD ISO albums? My problem started when I was simply trying to add artwork and I got a permission error when trying to save the metadata back with the artwork and then it all went horribly wrong! - Am I doing something that is not possible here...?

Thanks in advance....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all - so things are working but I still have some issues with the following:

1) Missing tracks from some albums (even though they all exist in the respective music folder) - How to I get them to list?

2) Audirvana begins to sync at random which takes forever before I can get back to using the application - I would typically have to restart (!)

Last but not least, is there a recommendation on how to structure the folders for the music library to operate in a more efficient manner? I am using a Drobo 2nd generation drive which is attached via a USB 3.0 cable.

My file structure is as follows which I have added each folder individually to A+ for library syncing:

\MP3 Audio

\24 Bit Hires Audio

\SACD Audio

\HDTracks Audio

\DSD Audio

\Redbook CD

\Redbook Vinyl Rips

Within these folders, I can have several hundred folders or in some cases, over 1000 folders!!! - So the question I have, is should I group further within each of these folders, or should I simply point A+ to the top level of the Drobo media drive and works its way down from the above 7 folders?

Would appreciate any help/pointers on improving my experience with this application, as I had no issues with the library management and performance on my PC using JRiver until I switched over... :-(

Cheers,

Vin.