IGNORED

Merry Christmas with the Messiah!

Dear all,

I wish all of you a great Christmas break, whether you celebrate it or any other festivity of your faith.

But whatever religion may be yours, the Messiah is worth listening to! Merry Christmas With 3x the Messiah! | musicophilesblog – From Keith Jarrett to Johannes Brahms

All the best!

Musicophile

I wish there were an equivalent to the Messiah for Festivus!

(Thus I embark on the traditional "airing of grievances." Happy Festivus | A Festivus for the Rest of Us! | Festivus Feats of Strength, Festivus Airing of Grievances, Festivus Pole, Festivus Traditions)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

(Thus I embark on the traditional "airing of grievances." Happy Festivus | A Festivus for the Rest of Us! | Festivus Feats of Strength, Festivus Airing of Grievances, Festivus Pole, Festivus Traditions)

I'm personally not religious, Christmas is more a tradition than anything else for me. That said, I very much appreciate the profound impact religious music can have.

Agreed, the Messiah is tied to Christmas for me also. I learned it listening to the wonderful Colin Davis recording on Philips vinyl from the '60's. Listening to the Hallelujia Chorus, I always thought the words were "drops of innocence raineth" not "Lord God omnipotent reigneth."

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Those attending Festivus may also participate in the "Airing of Grievances" which is an opportunity to tell others how they have disappointed you in the past year,

A most excellent tradition.

Dunedin Consort Messiah is just fantastic. I make sure that I listen to Messiah at least twice a year. The music is just too good to only listen at Christmas.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

A most excellent tradition.

Musicophile, apologies for taking the thread OT. Of the three Messiahs you mention in your blog post, the Dunedin is my favorite. What I really like is the tradition in the US (and elsewhere?) of amateur choruses performing the piece. Everyone, performers as well as audience, seems to have a great time.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Musicophile, apologies for taking the thread OT. Of the three Messiahs you mention in your blog post, the Dunedin is my favorite. What I really like is the tradition in the US (and elsewhere?) of amateur choruses performing the piece. Everyone, performers as well as audience, seems to have a great time.

No problem!