IGNORED

Curious is anyone on CA has tried the Involve SurroundMaster

If you don't know what it is :

Surround Master | Involve Audio

So what did you think?

Is it worth it?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I have it for more than 1 year now.

It's fabulous (really)

Much better than a $6000 Meridian Proc I still have, much better than DTS or Dolby DPLII or any expensive DSP I tried before.

I listen to all my music through this small ugly device, and it makes exactly what the Involve site claims.

I talked about it before, but noone seemed interested...

The only thing is it doesn't have volume control, no delay, no remote, nothing you get with any commercial processor. And only cheap rca outputs. So you still need a preamp (or software vol control) and manual calibration for your speakers. And a Dac, of course (the SM is fully analog) .That can be a pain in the ass for some...

But the sound is jaw dropping, and still totally natural. I searched more than 20 years for a solution like this, and finally found it with the Surround Master. It would only need a better (Metal ?) chassis, and some minor improvements with the sub output (only one at 80Hz, who doesn't cut the mains below 80Hz also) and rca plugs (very cheap)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

Oh, and I forget :

With the SM, you don't need anymore a central channel/speaker. Only 4 speakers (or 5 if you have a sub). No 5.1, 7.1 or 9++ speakers.

4 is enough to get exactly the same effects. And from any stereo source.

It's really the ridiculously expensive multichannel processor killer.

(if you don't believe me, take a look on the quadraphonicquad forum, you'll get many, many reports about it)

Roon / audio-linux / dual PC / I2s FGPA Dac / analog tube processor / analog tube crossover / active speakers / dual subs / absorption+massive diffusion / ugly cat in the room

^ Hey cool. I might give it a shot. Thanks

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Any reason why DTS Neo or Dolby Pro Logic II will not achieve similar results?

That is a good point: I hadn't thought of that! LOL