IGNORED

Roon / HQPlayer Integration

Roon and HQP is working with conversion to DSD. I can also play any PCM up-sampled to 352.8 or 384 with no issues. I can play PCM -> DSD or DSD natively. I got things working first on one machine (Roon & HQP). Now I have my Roon Core setup (Win10) and my HQP PC setup (2012R2 in Core Mode) which is connected to my DAC.

Playing entire albums has no issues so far.

To play individual songs.

I was having issues when changing sample rates of songs, but changed my sampler in HQP. I was using Closed-Form -> DSD7 -> DSD but 96 and 192 would not play. Changing to Poly-Sinc-shrt-mp handles everything.

If I want to hear another song when the current song has not finished:

I first hit PAUSE, then select the next song.

If I just choose the next song to play without a PAUSE, it takes 15-30 secs for the current song to stop playing, then the next song starts.

I do get the occasional disconnects, but since I am on iOS, cannot use the new feature. So I just go to my RDP session and restart HQP with my cmd file I created.

Sure is nice for HQP to have a great front end to it!!!! Excellent work for a first release Roon and HQP staff. Look forward to improvements in the future.

In my setup:

HQP = 2012R2 Essen (Core Mode), AO, PL, JPlay

Roon Core = Win10, AO-Beta, PL

HQP Setting SDM/DSD: I can play PCM up-sampled to DSD, and DSD played natively.

HQO Setting PCM: I can play PCM up-sampled to 352.8 or 384k, but DSD does not play.

If someone is having issues playing either DSD or PCM remember what Jussi (Miska) said: He suggests (which I plan to test this AM) is try HQP by itself without Roon to see if I have issues doing DSD -> PCM.

After I played around with filters on HQP by itself I was able to get songs playing VERY well in PCM, upsampled to DSD, and Native DSD.

I have a view in Roon which shows all albums EXCEPT DSD. With this view I have HQP set to PCM. This way I do not "accidentally" play a DSD file to PCM - which does not work at this time - fix coming in an update.

With HQP in SDM(DSD) mode, I use Roon with no special views (as all songs play).

I still have the occasional stoppage but overall a great first release.